Weapons & Equip Scabbards and Sheaths - Display your weapons on your person

TheQuietBisharp

Official Terrarian
Heyo everyone! Here's another random idea I got for no reason at all!

Imagine being able to display your weapons on your character, being the epitome of badassery. A huge Breaker Blade slung across your back or a Cutlass hanging from your belt, ready for war. I present to you, my idea!

Shortsword sheath-
Crafted out of silk (Thanks @ARANDOMGUY), displays smaller swords on your body.

Broadsword scabbard-
Dropped from any type of Bones in the dungeon. Allows you to put large swords on your back.

A new interface in the menu will allow you to choose which weapon in your inventory that will show up. The weapon will still be used in battle. (Thanks @Seamerlin)

I'm contemplating having a sling for rangers and maybe making these accessories, providing small bonuses in attack and swing speed, but it's vanity for now.

Last edited:
I think it should have it's own slot,and then have another slot beside its slot for the weapon of display.(WoD is what I would name the weapon on display.)
The sheath could be on an accessory slot...would you be able to dye the weapon?

I think it should have it's own slot,and then have another slot beside its slot for the weapon of display.(WoD is what I would name the weapon on display.)
The sheath could be on an accessory slot...would you be able to dye the weapon?
I hadn't thought about that, and you bring up a good point. I'll update the OP.

I don't think dying weapons would be good, at least not along with this thread.

I like this idea, even though it'd be pretty dang hard to implement. How about for the item to be shown on you're character you put it in you're first item slot in your hotbar, then when you want to use it it disappears from your person and is used as a weapon and/or tool.

I like this idea, even though it'd be pretty dang hard to implement. How about for the item to be shown on you're character you put it in you're first item slot in your hotbar, then when you want to use it it disappears from your person and is used as a weapon and/or tool.
That could work, although it kinda defeats the purpose of the scabbard and sheath, were I always thought the unsheathing of a sword to be the coolest sound (Bisharp's cry).

Well you could have the scabbard as accessories and the first hotbar slot would become like a different color for each item type that could be used with the scabbard and it'd work that way.

That could work, although it kinda defeats the purpose of the scabbard and sheath, were I always thought the unsheathing of a sword to be the coolest sound (Bisharp's cry).
Of course, Bisharp's cry. Should have known...
Would certain swords have certain sounds?
(Ice Blade-Cracking Ice noise?)

Of course, Bisharp's cry. Should have known...
Would certain swords have certain sounds?
(Ice Blade-Cracking Ice noise?)
Maybe.
Well you could have the scabbard as accessories and the first hotbar slot would become like a different color for each item type that could be used with the scabbard and it'd work that way.
So, like in the accessory slot where stuff like Moon Charms and Mana Flowers would go? If so, would you want it to provide bonuses?

So, like in the accessory slot where stuff like Moon Charms and Mana Flowers would go? If so, would you want it to provide bonuses?
Well not sure, maybe if the cost was higher, like says you combined leather or whatever with a warrior emblem or ranger emblem for whichever scabbard. You could also just make it usable in the vanity accessory slot. Also the use of leather is problematic because you can only get it in corruption worlds but maybe you could use silk instead.

I killed the slime king 17 or so times to get the vanity set. For me that meant creating new worlds and looting the underworld chests for gold.

Back
Top Bottom