Weapons & Equip Sharkscale Armor: A yoyo-based armor

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
Just a random idea I had. This was gonna be a bonus for Red's dev armor, but a dev said that dev armors are mostly for vanity. So, I've made this!

Shark Scale
Dropped by Sharkron (33.3% chance), but only when they are killed in midair. Not when they touch the ground.
Material
Now, before you say these are easily farmable, keep in mind that you have to manually kill them while you are fighting one of the hardest bosses in the game... and they only have 1 use.

Now, onto the armor!

Sharkscale Cap
19 defense
15% increased yoyo damage
Crafted with 1 Turtle Helmet and 15 Shark Scales

Sharkscale Top
25 defense
Adds a powerful counterweight to the yoyo
Crafted with 1 Turtle Scalemail and 25 Shark Scales

Sharkscale Trunks
18 defense
Increases yoyo range greatly
Crafted with 1 Turtle Leggings and 20 Shark Scales

Set bonus: By moving the yoyo in a certain pattern before hitting an enemy, you get a trick, announced as text where you perform the attack. This will increase damage by 45% and crit chance by 10%, aka the same amount Shroomite stealth gives. Performing a trick will lock you out of using that trick for 5 seconds, so you don't spam the easiest one over and over. There should be around 15 different tricks, but I don't know these, so yeah.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
This seems like it would be fun to use. I haven't used a yoyo yet and haven't done enough research so I cannot argue balance. Maybe if you do a trick you get locked out of that trick for a short time? That way it forces you to do more than one trick. I don't know, just an idea.

This seems like it would be fun to use. I haven't used a yoyo yet and haven't done enough research so I cannot argue balance. Maybe if you do a trick you get locked out of that trick for a short time? That way it forces you to do more than one trick. I don't know, just an idea.

That would prevent people from just spamming the easiest trick over and over. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Okay. Good idea. Didn't think of that one.

What if performing a trick gives a trail to the yo-yo? That would look cool, as you would have the trick path be shown, then on the powered-up yoyo.

Just a random idea I had. This was gonna be a bonus for Red's dev armor, but a dev said that dev armors are mostly for vanity. So, I've made this!

Shark Scale
Dropped by Sharkron (33.3% chance), but only when they are killed in midair. Not when they touch the ground.
Material
Now, before you say these are easily farmable, keep in mind that you have to manually kill them while you are fighting one of the hardest bosses in the game... and they only have 1 use.

Now, onto the armor!

Sharkscale Cap
19 defense

Sharkscale Top
25 defense

Sharkscale Trunks
18 defense

Set bonus: By moving the yoyo in a certain pattern before hitting an enemy, you get a trick, announced as text where you perform the attack. This will increase damage by 45% and crit chance by 10%, aka the same amount Shroomite stealth gives. Performing a trick will lock you out of using that trick for 5 seconds, so you don't spam the easiest one over and over. There should be around 15 different tricks, but I don't know these, so yeah.

What do you guys think?
Okay, this is a creative idea, and I've been thinking of stuff like this too... but Yoyo isn't it's own type of damage! Why have this when you cold just have Melee armor instead? Sorry, but no support :/

Okay, this is a creative idea, and I've been thinking of stuff like this too... but Yoyo isn't it's own type of damage! Why have this when you cold just have Melee armor instead? Sorry, but no support :/
Arrows don't have their own damage type and they have a helmet increasing their damage and an early game potion.

Arrows don't have their own damage type and they have a helmet increasing their damage and an early game potion.
YAGpXPd.png

I guess...

Shark Scale
Material

Now, onto the armor!

Sharkscale Cap
19 defense

Sharkscale Top
25 defense

Sharkscale Trunks
18 defense

What do you guys think?
I tried making a sprite for the fishron scales
FishronScales.png

Back
Top Bottom