Sprites Shooting Star (Alternate Meteorite)

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist
kdcROYP.png

0PfvtTI.png

an alternate meteorite

kdcROYP.png

Introduction
divider.png
As your powers grow the heavens look down in envy. Celestial fire strikes the earth to challenge you. Should you overcome the dangers from above, you may yet grow even stronger.
Welcome to Shooting Star, an alternate Meteorite biome. Shooting Star was kind of a side-project while I fleshed out some of my more larger biome alternates. The more I worked on it though, the more I thought "Damn. Now this has to be a thing". Shooting Star is the catalyst for the newer alternate projects coming down the lines. So if you like my alts, Shooting Star is to thank for being able to get even more of them. The theme itself is pretty simple. I designed most things with influences from Sailor Moon, Power Rangers, and G-Force: Guardians of Space. So if some things feel familiar to you, those are the things to blame.

There's nothing here yet!
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Disclaimer
divider.png

***** Please Read Before Posting *****
This is a suggestion. And as such does not assume anything definitively. This means...

Balance is a non-issue; the numbers are provided to elicit an idea of what values an object could have. If the not-set-in-stone-imaginary numbers upset you, you're welcome to suggest other numbers, but they have no bearing on the suggestion changed or not.

Sprites are a non-issue; sprites have been provided, like balance, to help imagine the suggestion as a concept. In no way are any of the sprites final. Just like the numbers, they too are not-set-in-stone-imaginary things. This means that recolored, spliced, and unique sprites have no ultimate bearing on the suggestion. If any particular sprite upsets you, you are welcome to provide one of your own to remedy the not-actually-an-issue so that I may reject it.

This is an alternate. This means that Shooting Star can occur in a world instead of Meteorites. It does not replace Meteorites. As an alternate, Shooting Star additionally does not mirror the values or gameplay of Meteorites in a 1:1 ratio. It is it's own biome, not a recolor or reskin. Shooting Star is also NOT an expansion. There is no additional content. Content included in Shooting Stars is a counterpart or replacement of existing content given to Meteorites.

Lastly; as an alternate (and not an expansion or replacement), Shooting Star does not assume to redefine class balance. I'm sorry if your favorite class isn't represented well in the suggestion. If Meteorites represented all classes equally, so too would Shooting Stars.

divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Concept Music
divider.png

divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Environment & Item Changes
divider.png

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At | Dimensions
vWWfzAC.png
| Star Metal | Meteorite | Crafting Material | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| | |
6hQ2yso.png
WEZDzNy.png
| Star Metal Bar | Meteorite Bar | Crafting Material | 99 |
Rarity_color_1.png
|
vWWfzAC.png
x3 |
Furnace.png
| 1x1
qxxOk2H.png
| Star Metal Brick | Meteorite Brick | Crafting Material | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
Stone_Block.png
x1,
vWWfzAC.png
x1 |
Furnace.png
| 1x1
3CFNn4K.png
| Star Metal Brick Wall | Meteorite Brick Wall | Wall | 999 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
qxxOk2H.png
x1 |
Work_Bench.png
| 1x1
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Enemies
divider.png

Sprite | Name | Drop 1 | Drop 2 | DMG | Health | DEF | KB Resist | Inflicts | AI | Spawn | Banner
LUF7jeC.gif
| Starmite |
vWWfzAC.png
2% | | 35 | 35 | 8 | 80% |
Silenced.png
| Flying | Shooting Star |
uIFIgOr.png
LUF7jeC.gif

Starmites feed off of the power of various celestial energies. When they detect a power source worth consuming, they tend to gather in large groups.

Starmites behave similar to Gastropods, but they can pass and fire through blocks. Attacks will inflict Silence on the player.
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Equipment
divider.png

Sprite | Name | DEF | DMG | Power | Velocity | Mana | KB | Use Time | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At
XHNvis3.png
| Starshot | | 11 | | 4 | | 1 | |
Rarity_color_1.png
|
6hQ2yso.png
x1 |
Iron_Anvil.png
/
Lead_Anvil.png
blLSV9D.png
| Star Metal Hamaxe | | 21 | H60%, A100% | | | 7 | 29 (Average) |
Rarity_color_1.png
|
6hQ2yso.png
x20 |
Iron_Anvil.png
/
Lead_Anvil.png
Bp94mIg.png
| Wish | | 20 | | 13 | | 7 | 14 (Very Fast) |
Rarity_color_1.png
|
6hQ2yso.png
x20 |
Iron_Anvil.png
/
Lead_Anvil.png
47jQc26.png
| Star Whale Mortar | | 70 | | | | | 31 (Slow) |
Rarity_color_2.png
|
Minishark.png
x1,
6hQ2yso.png
x25,
Fallen_Star.png
x10 |
Iron_Anvil.png
/
Lead_Anvil.png
6uI0yOH.gif
| Star Power Wand | | 19 | | 5 | 9 | 4 | 16 (Very Fast) |
Rarity_color_1.png
|
6hQ2yso.png
x15,
Gem.gif
x10 |
Iron_Anvil.png
/
Lead_Anvil.png
BLhMNC9.gif
| Star Power Scepter | | 39 | | 7 | 15 | 4 | 15 (Very Fast) |
Rarity_color_4.png
|
6uI0yOH.gif
x1,
Crystal_Shard.png
x50 |
Mythril_Anvil.png
/
Orichalcum_Anvil.png
ugwxGyQ.png
| Star Power Brooch | | 55 | | 15 | 25 | 7 | 14 (Very Fast) |
Rarity_color_5.png
|
6hQ2yso.png
x25,
Pixie_Dust.png
x10,
Soul_of_Light.gif
x10 |
Mythril_Anvil.png
/
Orichalcum_Anvil.png
Aj5J1RR.png
| Star Metal Visor | 6 | | | | | | |
Rarity_color_1.png
|
6hQ2yso.png
x10 |
Iron_Anvil.png
/
Lead_Anvil.png
jwrwPVp.png
| Star Metal Jacket | 7 | | | | | | |
Rarity_color_1.png
|
6hQ2yso.png
x25 |
Iron_Anvil.png
/
Lead_Anvil.png
fxzh3gF.png
| Star Metal Leggings | 6 | | | | | | |
Rarity_color_1.png
|
6hQ2yso.png
x15 |
Iron_Anvil.png
/
Lead_Anvil.png
3i2XIwE.png
| Star Metal Armor | 19 | | | | | | |
Rarity_color_1.png
|
6hQ2yso.png
x50 |
Iron_Anvil.png
/
Lead_Anvil.png
XHNvis3.png

Starshot will split into 3 smaller bullets that will project in random directions. Each smaller bullet will do 3 damage.
Bp94mIg.png

The wish deals magic damage and benefits from magic modifiers that the player has equipped, but does not consume mana when used. Stacks up to 2 times.
47jQc26.png

The fallen stars that the Star Whale Mortar fires explode on impact, dealing damage in the surrounding area -- even to the player.
6uI0yOH.gif

The Star Power Wand fires a barrage of stars (3-4). The stars fired can hit the same enemy multiple times, but does not pierce or bounce. The stars are affected by gravity.
BLhMNC9.gif

The Star Power Scepter is a direct upgrade of the Star Power Wand. It fires a barrage of stars (4-6). The stars fired can hit the same enemy multiple times, does not pierce, but can bounce up to 3 times. The stars are affected by gravity.
ugwxGyQ.png

The Star Power Brooch is a magic weapon that turns the player into a shooting burst of energy. The player is transported to the position clicked on when using the weapon. Enemies passed through and those at the area of arrival are damaged. The dash can not go through solid blocks or doors, line of sight is required.
3i2XIwE.png

The Star Metal Visor and Jacket grant +10% magic DMG (+20% total). The leggings increase movement speed by 20%. Star Metal Armor's set bonus is greatly increased mana regeneration.
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Furniture
divider.png

Sprite | Name | Dimensions | Rarity | Max Stack | Ingredients | Crafted At
ZfDMZp1.png
| Star Metal Platform | 1x1 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x1 |
xYpHFdZ.png
| Star Metal Workbench | 2x1 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x10 |
2bOu3bZ.png
| Star Metal Door | 2x3 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x6 |
Hsw4tsD.png
| Star Metal Chair | 1x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x4 |
Work_Bench.png
vrYUHXv.png
| Star Metal Chest | 2x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x8,
Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
x2 |
Work_Bench.png
9uY3Z5S.png
| Star Metal Table | 3x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x8 |
Work_Bench.png
Mrjf1d9.png
| Star Metal Lantern | 1x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x6,
Torch.png
x1 |
Work_Bench.png
rg4w86M.png
| Star Metal Candle | 1x1 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x4,
Torch.png
x1 |
Work_Bench.png
0G7vKlA.png
| Star Metal Lamp | 1x3 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x3,
Torch.png
x1 |
Work_Bench.png
GQI3Uqm.png
| Star Metal Piano | 3x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x15,
Bone.png
x4,
Book.png
x1 |
Sawmill.png
DIDylUr.png
| Star Metal Bed | 4x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x15,
Silk.png
x5 |
Sawmill.png
4q4cneF.png
| Star Metal Dresser | 3x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x16 |
Sawmill.png
CRPsoyU.png
| Star Metal Bookcase | 3x4 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x20,
Book.png
x10 |
Sawmill.png
3EBGgDO.png
| Star Metal Bathtub | 4x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x14 |
Iron_Anvil.png
/
Lead_Anvil.png
LZolmz3.png
| Star Metal Candelabra | 2x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x5,
Torch.png
x3 |
Sawmill.png
APewgFV.png
| Star Metal Sofa | 3x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x5,
Silk.png
x5 |
Sawmill.png
xmg1QWV.png
| Star Metal Clock | 2x5 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x10,
Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
x3,
Glass.png
x6 |
Sawmill.png
d1LOFPf.png
| Star Metal Chandelier | 3x3 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x4,
Iron_Chain.png
x1,
Torch.png
x3 |
Iron_Anvil.png
/
Lead_Anvil.png
eObuFED.png
| Star Metal Sink | 2x2 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| 99 |
qxxOk2H.png
x6,
Water_Bucket.png
x1 |
Work_Bench.png
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Support
divider.png
uKJMQSP.gif

Feel free to copy the code below to place the biome sigil into your signature!
Code:
[URL='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/shooting-star-alternate-meteorite.47184/'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uKJMQSP.gif[/IMG][/URL]

divider.png

Last edited:
Looks good, other than the Bookcase looking like a vending machine for multiple people to use at once. It looks wonderful. I'd love to have more alternates. Nicely done putting all this work into your ideas and making them- as a concept anyways, more real. :D

(Edit: And I know the sprite isn't final.)

Maybe you could also include alternate recipes using stars themselves to craft some of the bricks with meteorite?

Edit: Just to be clear, is the Meteorite being replaced with this alternate, or is it a "sometimes" thing?

Last edited:
Looks good, other than the Bookcase looking like a vending machine
I was thinking more Server. But if it sticks out too much like a vending machine I'll change it.

Maybe you could also include alternate recipes using stars themselves to craft some of the bricks with meteorite?
No, I don't want to push too far from the base game's recipe. Meteorites are still the baseline by which all things are measured here.

Edit: Just to be clear, is the Meteorite being replaced with this alternate, or is it a "sometimes" thing?
(Please read the Disclaimer section) Shooting Stars will replace Meteorites on a per world basis -- not replace them entirely.

So if you have a world where a Meteorite hits -- then you will not have Shooting Stars hitting that world. And vice versa. Alternates behave just like the only alt currently in the game; The Crimson. You get The Crimson or The Corruption; never both.

EDIT

I made some fixes to the Equipment table. Should be much easier on the eyes now.

Last edited:
It's too late for me to post any in depth review, but this all seems cool.

I don't know why but I really like the look of the furniture. I'll be back tomorrow probably.

I don't get any of the references, but this seems like a very interesting idea. I like the sprites and color themes, and the furniture set would work well on a spaceship-type environment.

I always like to c all of ur alternatives over n over again, but I always have a question in my mind everytime when I c these things.

Did u went to hogwarts before?
[doublepost=1469603992,1469603790][/doublepost]Next thing u will do is to make an alternate pirate invasion. I already had 1 idea for that.

Turn it in to the knight invasion!
[doublepost=1469604249][/doublepost]Heck y not alternate the Martian Maddness, solar eclipse, or even

The lunar eclipse! That would actually be cool though.

Well done! There isn't a lot of shading on the furniture, but that gives it its own unique feel. It reminds me of Pokemon!

+1 Support!
[doublepost=1469811164,1469811028][/doublepost]
The lunar eclipse!

Lunar eclipses in real life look like this.
upload_2016-7-29_12-51-32.png

Which is extraordinarily similar to the blood moon. As a matter of fact, that is probably what the blood moon is based off of. So a Lunar Eclipse wouldn't work.

Well done! There isn't a lot of shading on the furniture, but that gives it its own unique feel. It reminds me of Pokemon!

+1 Support!

Lunar eclipses in real life look like this. View attachment 130648

Which is extraordinarily similar to the blood moon. As a matter of fact, that is probably what the blood moon is based off of. So a Lunar Eclipse wouldn't work.

Yup, that's literally what it is. :^D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_eclipse#Blood_moon

This is a good idea, my favorite out of all of your ideas so far.

Just an idea, since you can now choose a new world's evil after beating the WoF, you should be able to choose whether a new world will have shooting stars of meteorites. I haven't decided what the criteria for this would be, maybe defeating the goblin army or the eater of worlds.

+1 Support!

Lunar eclipses in real life look like this. View attachment 130648

Blood moons actually exist though so I don't think it's based off an eclipse.

That's a great idea. I honestly only think that you should change one thing: I think you should change it from "Star Metal" to "Stellatite" or something similar.

That's a great idea. I honestly only think that you should change one thing: I think you should change it from "Star Metal" to "Stellatite" or something similar.
No; Star Metal was specifically chosen because it is a type of known fantasy metal akin to Mythril, but more uncommonly used.

Back
Top Bottom