PC Should I make a mod? (Mod [Terraria EX?] Currently in Pre-Pre Alpha 0.0.2.5)

Would you use this mod, and do you have any ideas for it?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Yes, but it needs more work. (Duh)

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • No, but it looks great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, this needs a lot more work. Show me more work and i'll consider it then.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • NO. Just no.

• Other (Specify)

• Could you please change these Xs in these ways and add these ideas?

• Sure, here's this idea!

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Yeah, could you change X in this way?

• Nah, don't really have any ideas.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other (Specify)

• Total voters
So this is a showcase of my mod. This is intended so you can see some things that may make you decide whether you would use this mod for yourself. This will get updated, but for now it's mainly spoiler free concepts, sprites and items that I have so far created. Currently I have some ideas that have not even been implemented or written down in any way, so this is the very beginning.
It's hard to do a lot of work since I'm basically a one man team.

Everything:

Fully implemented

Nothing here yet, wow I'm lazy...

Sprited

Logo (Or at least some early form of it):
Terraria EX Mod Logo.png

Phasesaber Colors
In the "Concepteded" area you can see how these things would work.
Turquoise:
Turquoise_Phaseblade.png

Orange:
Orange_Phaseblade.png

Pink:
Pink_Phaseblade.png

Draco armor
I have a concept surrounding how it works, but for now it remains the mainly unoriginal sprite it is to avoid spoilers.
Dragon.png

Phasepick
Down beneath the "Concepteded" header you can see the specs of this thing.
You can only get it in one color: Turquoise. Why? Because it's mine. And my references have to be perfect references. Yes, I'm a jerk.
Turquoise_Phasepick.png

Concepteded

Phasesaber Color Variation
So basically you can combine different gems for more phasesaber colors, like orange.
I actually have three sprites for this in the "Sprited" section. Check them out if you want.
The Turqouise one is crafted with 15 meteorite bars, 5 emeralds, and 5 sapphires.
The Orange one is crafted with 15 meteorite bars and 10 amber.
And the Pink one is crafted with 15 meteorite bars, 5 rubies, and 5 diamonds. (pretty expensive!)
Same stats as all other Phaseblades. Of course, they can be made into Phasesabers.

Phasepick
Basically a meteorite pick. It's a reference to me, though.
Crafted with 18 meteorite, 5 emeralds, and 5 sapphires.
It has a pickaxe power of 64, a use time of 16, a damage output of 9, a knockback of 1, a price of 60 silver, and a rarity of green.

Vague Spoilers:
Mystery Object #1
http://imgur.com/HWzoJ7q

Other things

Completedednessingess Percentage
Terraria EX mod currently 0.001% complete! Only 5,000 years to go!

Credits
Me (MiningdiamondsVIII): Sprites, concepts, and coding
Eldrazi: Gave me advice with coding and pointed me towards some great tutorials
bluemagic123 and jopojelly: Made tModLoader

Last edited:
*looks at title*
*smells like mettaton*

undertale references aside, I can help with a couple sprites if you'd like.
Thanks for the help, any help is welcome and would help me out! Maybe the name was subconscious but I don't remember thinking of Metta EX when I called it that.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, any help is welcome and would help me out! Maybe the name was subconscious but I don't remember thinking of Metta EX when I called it that.
actually, its not a reference i guess, but i couldn't help but remember it because the music happened to be playing.

Ever since the ye olde days I wanted a dragon-knight armor, be it vanity or combat. I used to grab fishron mask and try some dyes on to look like a dragon knight, but that was horrible. Draco armor can do the job pretty well. I feel like Terraria has not enough dragons. The closest thing we have to a classic european dragon is Fishron, and wyvern for chinese dragon. And wyvern doesn't even look like a real wyern. He should be named "Ryu" (Chinese for dragon) or something. As for the draco armor, a nice feature would be to imbue weapons with on fire and grant temporary flight and no fall damage. A nice recipe could balance it further. I think it should be made post-skeletron and with mats from the underworld. It is annoying to have to make a water pond right before the underworld for faster transportation. If we have an armor that could grant us some nice combat features and the advantage of enhanced mobility, WoF fight wouldn't be so annoying. Have good luck with the mod, hope to see it grow.

Ever since the ye olde days I wanted a dragon-knight armor, be it vanity or combat. I used to grab fishron mask and try some dyes on to look like a dragon knight, but that was horrible. Draco armor can do the job pretty well. I feel like Terraria has not enough dragons. The closest thing we have to a classic european dragon is Fishron, and wyvern for chinese dragon. And wyvern doesn't even look like a real wyern. He should be named "Ryu" (Chinese for dragon) or something. As for the draco armor, a nice feature would be to imbue weapons with on fire and grant temporary flight and no fall damage. A nice recipe could balance it further. I think it should be made post-skeletron and with mats from the underworld. It is annoying to have to make a water pond right before the underworld for faster transportation. If we have an armor that could grant us some nice combat features and the advantage of enhanced mobility, WoF fight wouldn't be so annoying. Have good luck with the mod, hope to see it grow.

(By the way, my first time using colored text) The armor is meant to be around the same time as skeletron, so you can do them in either order. Now no more spoilers.

Dang... all I know about coding is HTML 5 and CSS fluently... and Python and JS semi-fluently... not terraria :(

Hey, that looks like an awsome mod, and I have an idea for an item that I have in mind for so long!...
Its a ranged/magic weapon (preferable magic) that deals almost no dmg (or no dmg at all) on it but leaves a DOT (Damage Over Time) that has low dps, but lasts for like 30 secs, dealing like 1 dps, BUT can stack, and it has no stack limits and the de-buff timer resets every atack.
Also I was thinking on homing projectiles and a later in-game upgraded version of the weapon.
I was thinking I could be droped from the Eye of Cthulhu.
I hope you like the idea :D

Hey, that looks like an awsome mod, and I have an idea for an item that I have in mind for so long!...
Its a ranged/magic weapon (preferable magic) that deals almost no dmg (or no dmg at all) on it but leaves a DOT (Damage Over Time) that has low dps, but lasts for like 30 secs, dealing like 1 dps, BUT can stack, and it has no stack limits and the de-buff timer resets every atack.
Also I was thinking on homing projectiles and a later in-game upgraded version of the weapon.
I was thinking I could be droped from the Eye of Cthulhu.
I hope you like the idea :D

How about some kind of an eye leech that could be upgraded with twins stuff?

Back
Top Bottom