Portfolio/Multi-Topic Sodapone's Suggestion List

sodapone🌳

Wall of Flesh
Because I've already made quite a few by now, I'm gonna organize them all in a neat little thread.

Changes
Improving Teleporter Mechanics - Teleporters run on a wireless connection based off of frequencies, instead of being wired directly.

Weapons
Charge Beam - A new Golem weapon. Hold fire to charge, and release for devastating results.
Baseball Bat - An early-game melee weapon with subpar range and damage, but great knockback. Has a Post-Mech upgrade, the Smashing Bat, which follows the same principle.
Frying Pan - A short-range, pitifully slow weapon. So why would you want to use it? BECAUSE 50% CRIT CHANCE, THAT'S WHY.
Celestial Wand - By and large a concept at this point. An upgraded Blizzard Staff that would drop off of some kind of Lunar boss.
Copy Beam - Scan enemies, then turn their powers against them! You can even scan bosses and NPCs!
Doctor's Flower - An upgraded Flower of Fire that deals more damage and causes different debuffs depending on the randomly-fired capsule.
Railgun - A gun with decent speed and incredible velocity. It's practically hitscan!
Gimmicky weapons
Retrospectively I decided these were pretty bad ideas. So I put them in this spoiler.
Kingly Hammer - A big, slow hammer that deals good damage. Right-click to deploy and charge a jet engine!
Gambler's Hammer - Step right up and try your luck! Roll a 9 and deal insane damage! Roll a 1, and...hurt yourself. Idiot.
Boxing Gloves - Punch-out your enemies! Just don't get caught in midair...has a Lunar-tier upgrade, the Dark Matter Gloves, which also feature a Star Punch ability.
Falcon Gauntlet - Show your enemies exactly what your moves are! Just...gotta charge it first. Has a Post-Plantera upgrade, the Warlock Gauntlet, which is even slower but does insane damage.

Tools
Dimensional Mirror - Gives you some mercy invulnerability without having to take damage. Like the Rod of Discord, it has measures to deter spamming.

Accessories
Plumber's Boots - Allows you to perform Goomba stomps for damage that ignores defense. Just be careful who you stomp ON.

Vanity
Understudy's Clothes - Like the Plumber's clothes, but green with a darker shade of blue.

Items
More Minecart Tracks - Spring Tracks for big air, Sticky Tracks for upside-down Minecart riding, or, the best of all...SUPER SPEED TRACKS THAT EMULATE THE OLD MINECART GLITCH.
Writing Sets, Empty Books, and Written Books - Put down a writing set, and write a book! Even NPCs can do it!
More Lihzahrd Traps - Lihzahrd Boulders and Lihzahrd Explosives. Heart attacks ensue.
Grindstone & Tiki Statue - Melee and summoner buffs in the form of placeable furniture.
Phoenix Down - Revive dead players and NPCs instantly at full health!

Biomes
Abandoned City - Has a rare chance of appearing underground. A sprawling, buried metropolis filled with infected citizens and new loot.

Buffs/Debuffs
Armor Acid - An uncommon debuff from slimes in hardmode. Don't get distracted ogling at your character's dissolving armor, because they've lost almost all their defense!

TO Suggestions
I had a lot of good ideas back then, so I decided to put them here too. I might revive these for the TCF later, who knows?
Note: A lot of them aren't that balanced, since I didn't get a feel for the balance at the time.
Changes
Clentaminator Damaging Abilities - Allows the Clentaminator to damage enemies that are not native to the solution being used (e.g. Eater of Souls is damaged by Blue Solution.) (Candidate for revival)
Change the Meatball's sprite - Am I seriously the only one who thinks it looks like a swastika? Not that I don't like the sprite, but someone else might get mad.
Weapons
More Mech-Based Summoning Staves - A Destroyer Staff and Skull Staff to complement your Optic Staff! (Candidate for revival)
Reaper Knives - An upgrade to Vampire Knives, since everyone's complaining so much about that.
Arcane Rune Staff - Conjures a small grid of runes that can shield you from projectiles and damage enemies. (Candidate for revival)
Accessories
More Shields - There's only 4 in the whole game. Let's have it so there's shields all the way from the start to the end!
Stabilizer - Allows guns with recoil (like the Chain Gun) to have perfect accuracy. Also narrows the cone of fire for shotguns.
Vanity
Plague Doctor set - Dress up like a plague doctor, hee hee hee!
Celestial Dress - Mama?
Items
Telescope - Like Binoculars, but with a longer range and acting as furniture. (Candidate for revival)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom