Items Spectre Paintbrush and infinite paint

Snickerbobble

The Painter
With painting, you either have to buy more than you need, or make multiple trips back to the Painter to stock back up in paint. I feel I have a solution for this, along with +3 range, the Spectre Paintbrush should not consume any paint from your inventory!

All you would need is one can of paint and that color will last forever. As a stack of paint is dirt cheap by this part of the game, there's no point to make you go back and forth to keep buying more paint, so the Spectre Paintbrush will become a stronger upgrade to the Paintbrush, with unlimited painting along with its +3 range.

The Spectre Paintroller would have the same effect, of course. And the scraper.. well, it doesn't consume paint, so it'd just be the same.

I believe this change can ease building for those who like to. That's it! :)

Last edited:
The coins don't really bother me, but in a grand project, you can use up a full stack of paint in no time at all.

So yes, I'd love to see infinite paint implemented, either as suggested by this thread, or via something else.

This reminds me of that one time I got a full inventory of pink paint for a certain project of mine... And it wasn't enough.

Suport, though to be honest I don't use the brushes/rollers anymore because of the paint gun accessory.

I like this. Paint cost is indeed not important anymore at that point in the game, so why not. :)
The Painter would not be happy about this idea, but that's a nice cue for him to start making more paintings to earn his living.

4stars.gif

Last edited:
Definitely supporting this. It's nice to be able to just have a bottomless resource when it comes to something like paint which is dirt cheap and buying it in bulk feels unnecessary when you're at the point where copper means nothing.

Good idea, but "infinite paint" seems a bit too far imho. What about just having it save a ludicrous amount of Paint, but still require more than just one Paint can? Turning a cheap consumable into an infinitely reusable non consumable just makes me uncomfortable. If it had, say a 95% chance not to consume Paint, you would be buying 20 times less Paint, which is a massive improvement, but then there's still a reason to keep stacks (or continue using leftover stacks that you have lying around in a Chest).

You said "chance" though. If it's a fixed percentage decrease, then I'm game, just not "chance" since there's this one flail I should have gotten after fifty fights with a certain fishpig and well... Quoth the RNG, "Nevermore."

First i wanted to say, why not an xx% change to not consume?

Then i thought...wait, it's just for building, all wat it does is just losing money for...what? nothing really.

Total support!

You said "chance" though. If it's a fixed percentage decrease, then I'm game, just not "chance" since there's this one flail I should have gotten after fifty fights with a certain fishpig and well... Quoth the RNG, "Nevermore."
Mistyped the first bit of that post. Meant it to read as "If RNG is a problem, then it could."

I support this! The amount of money it takes is so small that when you have even 1 platinum you could buy enough paint to paint the whole frickin' world! And running back and forth is such a hassle.

Personally, I think that paint should be unlimited as it is, though the cost of buying said paints should probably increase to reflect this.
Or at the very least have more than 1 use per can. I mean come on! It's an ENTIRE can of paint, I needed 3 cans to paint my whole house last summer! Using an ENTIRE can on 1 block is rather dumb.

Good idea, but "infinite paint" seems a bit too far imho. What about just having it save a ludicrous amount of Paint, but still require more than just one Paint can? Turning a cheap consumable into an infinitely reusable non consumable just makes me uncomfortable. If it had, say a 95% chance not to consume Paint, you would be buying 20 times less Paint, which is a massive improvement, but then there's still a reason to keep stacks (or continue using leftover stacks that you have lying around in a Chest).
Paint, especially at the endgame, becomes so cheap that I just toss any amount that I don't use after a paint job. I've already got hundreds of stuff in my storage, so I'd rather not put something there that isn't necessary. With infinite uses, you could free up those chest slots you use for paint and buy a can or two.. or three, depending if you're using deep paints, proceed with painting, then toss the cans in your trash. Then if you want to paint with those same colors again in the future, you buy them again and paint as much as you want. Saves space and saves time running back and forth.

While a high chance not to use paint would also be good, you still wouldn't know just how much you'd need, so you'd always be left with too much, or not enough meaning another trip back to the Painter. With infinite uses, you'll always be left with "just one more," which you could throw out, as it's dirt cheap.

YES PLEEEASE , I dunno how many times i burned through my paints while building , and this would give way more utility on the spectre paintbrush and others , since for now its just a simple +3 range that doesnt actually help that much.

Back
Top Bottom