Votes: 31 60.8%
  • The Perplexity Potion

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • The Flurry Potion

Votes: 36 70.6%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Because potion ideas are so original, heres another thread about them! The main reason I made this thread was to try out my new skills in spriting, and I have to say it's difficult, but a lot of fun. By difficult I mean 'how difficult it is to re-color something'. But anyways, lets jump right into this!

kdcROYP.png

50780-8e9d65f973eb2aa596a49d727be23b0f.jpg
Hotwire Potion
7 Minutes
Moonglow.png

Deathweed.png

Silver_Ore.png
/
Tungsten_Ore.png

Are you a little clumsy while spelunking? Do you hate getting killed by every single trap you find? Well this is the potion for you! The hotwire potion will completely disallow the player to every kind of pressure plate(except lihzard)! It even makes pressure plates glow very slightly.This will also be very helpful for hardcore players who don't want to end their game because of a mishap with stepping on a TNT or boulder pressure plate, which can easily kill early players in the blink of an eye.

kdcROYP.png

50796-fb6d6ada6b4aadc5844589d3ec798d7e.jpg
Frostskin Potion
4 Minutes
Frost_Minnow.png

Shiverthorn.png

Slush_Block.png

This potion will cause the chilled effect on whatever touches you, and will have a one in six chance of inflicting the frozen effect. One way that it can be very useful is if you are being swarmed by tons of piranhas, this potion will slow them down as soon as they touch you.

kdcROYP.png

50797-b2b83a8270cc3e6dd6355bd12afcc7b2.jpg
Leaping Potion
6 Minutes
Frog.png

Waterleaf.png

Daybloom.png

Need a boost? This potion will allow the player to jump a whole 3 blocks higher! Combined with a shiny red balloon, you can gain some serious jumping power. It is useful for all kinds of exploration and adventuring!

kdcROYP.png

50801-1fcbe9209dbedf9cd8706f29020246e4.jpg
Asphyxiation Potion
6 Minutes
Atlantic_Cod.png

Blinkroot.png

Silt_Block.png

The asphyxiation potion is cheap, made for useful for multiple miscellaneous tasks that the player may encounter. It reduces suffocation damage from silt and sand by 50%, and reduces damage from drowning by 30%.

kdcROYP.png

50799-8240778bf4465fe95ee1dbd7d4681aa7.jpg
Shielding Potion
4 Minutes
Armored_Cavefish.png

Fireblossom.png

Amber.png

A potion that is especially useful for the summoner and mage classes, this potion will emit yellow bursts every 4 seconds that will push back all monsters in an 8 block radius around the player. It will not work on bosses or mini-bosses.

kdcROYP.png

50800-6b9ffc3c34e1ae5bb0b1a32acfa53dc4.jpg
Perplexity Potion
5 Minutes
Chaos_Fish.png

Deathweed.png

Waterleaf.png

While the confusion debuff is fairly useless, it would still make a cool potion. With it, melee weapons have a 3/4 chance to inflict it, ranged weapons have a 1/2 chance to inflict it, magic weapons have a 1/3 chance, and summoners have a 3/4 chance to inflict it.

kdcROYP.png

50798-eee32e71709a7ef8c7636cf554df1358.jpg
Flurry Potion
3 Minutes
Cloud.png

Feather.png

Moonglow.png

Fireblossom.png

Allows the player to do an extra double jump that creates a turquoise cloud when used. It stacks with other double jump type accessories. It's very useful for early players, easy to create a lot of, but hard to get in the first place, as you have to get to a sky island, get to the underground jungle, and reach the underworld.

kdcROYP.png

I hope that you enjoyed these 7 new potion ideas I have created. If you did, please leave feedback and check out some of my other threads!​

Attachments

• Hotwire_Potion.png
    Hotwire_Potion.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 417
  • Frostskin_Potion.png
    Frostskin_Potion.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 423
  • Leaping_Potion.png
    Leaping_Potion.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 404
  • Flurry_Potion.png
    Flurry_Potion.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 396
  • Shield_Potion.png
    Shield_Potion.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 414
  • Perplexity_Potion.png
    Perplexity_Potion.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 425
  • Asphyxiation_Potion.png
    Asphyxiation_Potion.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Wow, I actually like this idea, but the Hotwire Potion needs to have a bit more effect in my opinion, it can easily become useless.

I think that the flurry potion should have fire blossom replaced with daybloom. By the time you reach the underworld you can have 4 extra jumps (due to the 4 bottles).

I think that the flurry potion should have fire blossom replaced with daybloom. By the time you reach the underworld you can have 4 extra jumps (due to the 4 bottles).

Um... yeah... but finding the 4 extra bottles, even if you have all 4 in the world, is a very rare chance. And getting the woopie cushion would take a very long time.

Lovin' it, but two suggested changes: Flurry Potion should have a Hermes effect or something, and Leaping Potion should allow auto jump.

50780-8e9d65f973eb2aa596a49d727be23b0f.jpg
Hotwire Potion
Haven't you ever heard of "Dangersense?"
50796-fb6d6ada6b4aadc5844589d3ec798d7e.jpg
Frostskin Potion
I'm sorta a little against inflicting enemies with Chilled, but whatever.

Frozen would only work visually on enemies that are the same size as the player.
50797-b2b83a8270cc3e6dd6355bd12afcc7b2.jpg
Leaping Potion
No thanks. We don't need both this and Flurry Potion, and I prefer Flurry.
50801-1fcbe9209dbedf9cd8706f29020246e4.jpg
Asphyxiation Potion
o_O
50799-8240778bf4465fe95ee1dbd7d4681aa7.jpg
Shielding Potion
Eh. It's not terrible, but I don't think this really... fits. :l
50800-6b9ffc3c34e1ae5bb0b1a32acfa53dc4.jpg
Perplexity Potion
*cough* Flask of Nanites *cough*
50798-eee32e71709a7ef8c7636cf554df1358.jpg
Flurry Potion
This is the one I agree with most. I can see this as being the Recall Potion of the Cloud in a Bottle, so it could definitely work.

Haven't you ever heard of "Dangersense?" This is a different potion. Dangersense is good, but this potion is for total protection.

I'm sorta a little against inflicting enemies with Chilled, but whatever.

Frozen would only work visually on enemies that are the same size as the player.

No thanks. We don't need both this and Flurry Potion, and I prefer Flurry. I'll change the lengths of them.

o_O I thought it was a good idea at the time. I'll try to change it soon.

Eh. It's not terrible, but I don't think this really... fits. :l I still think it could work.

*cough* Flask of Nanites *cough* Flask of nanites is melee weapons only.

This is the one I agree with most. I can see this as being the Recall Potion of the Cloud in a Bottle, so it could definitely work.

Thanks for the reply. I responded with red text in the quote.

Either jumping related potion would be a good addition, I think. Some of the others strike me as either a little weird or boring, but I think those two would slot right into a small gap in what existing potions can do, if you know what I mean.

It's funny because I liked the first, and then after that every second one but not any of the ones inbetween. Some of these are really good, but others not.

Back
Top Bottom