Weapons & Equip [Sprites] Better looking chainsaws and drills

Luke Oliveem

Terrarian
Hello ladies and gentlemen! This suggestion is about revamping the sprites of the Cobalt/Mythril/Adamantite chainsaws and drills, as well as the Drax.
index.php

But why change the sprites?
If you have ever seem the alt sets of chainsaws/drills, you'll notice that they are pretty nice looking, and very different from each other:
Palladium_Chainsaw.png
Orichalcum_Chainsaw.png
Titanium_Chainsaw.png

Palladium_Drill.png
Orichalcum_Drill.png
Titanium_Drill.png

But on the other hand, the original sets look almost the same as each other, and are pretty bland:
Cobalt_Chainsaw.png
Mythril_Chainsaw.png
Adamantite_Chainsaw.png

Cobalt_Drill.png
Mythril_Drill.png
Adamantite_Drill.png

And the Drax, which is supposed to be one of the best drills/chainsaws doesn't look that good, I mean, the titanium drill is a lot more awesome than the Drax:
Drax.png

So, what I'm telling is that the original power tools need a revamp urgently, They don't even look like they are made from some legendary adamantite or mythril ore, they just look like some regular tool!
index.php

What to do then?

Simply change the old sprites for new ones; I myself made some sprites to show how much better these items could look:
pijB7qJ.png

(For a better viewing of the outlines, open the image in a new tab.)
tSibWg2.png
And in case someone still prefers the old sprites, they can be kept in game as ''Ancient'' items.

So, what do you think? Support?

Last edited:
The original Drax does look horrible indeed. Nice job on your Drax.
I like your sprites, with the exception of the adamantium drill. Candy cane comes to mind. :)

Back
Top Bottom