Biomes & Nature [Sprites] Flower Biome

How many flowers have you picked in your entire life?

• Total voters

360Chadscope

Pixel Pirate
Chadwick presents... His idea for an underground Flower Biome!

Hiya guys, it's another suggestion from Chadlabs CMTU. My first biome suggestion, if I'm not mistaken. Enjoy. Or don't. It's up to you, really.

I know what you're thinking. 'Where would I find this biome, Chad?' Well, dear reader, Idunno if you've been paying attention but at the very beginning of the thread I said that this biome would be underground. It would be very much like a mushroom biome and at first sight might look like a retextured version of said mushroom biome, but there's a couple differences.
Things that the Mushroom Biome and Flower Biome have in common:
Both have their own 'tree' (Giant Mushroom & Giant Flower
DZkm6SP.png
).
Both have their own grass (Mushroom Grass & Flower... Grass? Iunno
0hAuen4.png
).
But Mushroom Grass grows on mud, while Flower Grass grows on dirt.
Both have their own type of 'plant' (Glowing Mushrooms & Colourful Flowers
CnnOACv.png
).
But Mushrooms can be harvested while Flowers cannot, and Flowers grow back slightly faster than Mushrooms.
Both have their own enemies. Mushroom Biome does have more, though.
Both have their own unique items (obtained from the terrain or bought from NPCs).

Things that make the two biomes different from eachother:
The Mushroom Biome has its own NPC (the Truffle).
The Flower Biome has its own boss (Rafflesia).
The Flower Biome grows backwalls (Flower Walls
xZ6THqF.png
).
These can be harvested, unlike the flower walls on the surface.
The Mushroom Biome has an actual background.
The Flower Biome grows vines (Flowery Vines
Z56Aez3.png
).
These can be harvested and can be used like ropes, but also to craft several items.
The Mushroom Biome has its own furniture set.
All of the Flower Biome's enemies have special drops. The Mushroom Biome's don't.
And of course the difference in textures and enemy AI.

More about the content of the biome in the rest of the OP.

PLEASE NOTE: The Flower Biome is NOT a Mushroom Biome alternative. Both spawn in one world.
ALSO NOTE: The sprites in this thread are not my best ever and (as always with suggestions, really) should be seen as concept art more than anything.

Bloombulb
V7ff1Nf.png
ee38qk9.png

Obtained from: Bloombulbs, 100% chance of getting 1.
Can be placed. Produces THIS COLOUR. They'd be the only 'torches' that could be placed on ceilings, if I'm not mistaken (not counting chandeleers, of course).
Extra info: How much I hate the idea of connecting my suggestions when they're in different threads, this item could provide an alternative crafting recipe for my Imhere Throwing Potion ( ). The new recipe would be 1 Bottled Water, 10 Glowstick, 3 Bloombulb.

Boots of Flora
SjUxZIE.png

Type: Accessory.
Max Stack: 1.
Dropped by: Lilacopter (1%).
Effect: If the player walks on dirt, it turns to Flower Grass. I also allows the player to boost their jump much like the cloud in a bottle, but instead of clouds it spawns these petal particles:
SIA2xwI.png
Extra info: Flora as in the Roman goddess, not the flowers and plants and :red:.

Large Zinnia
4xsNhTq.png

Type: Vanity Helmet.
Dropped by: Flower Zombie (3,33%).
Extra Info: It's a zinnia. Not much to say here.

Crocus Staff
oJtSjPQ.png
7uA4c7e.png

Type: Summoning Weapon.
Dropped by: Crocus Pocus (4%).
AI: The Crocus will run at an enemy and deal 10 damage. It will be thrown back a few blocks behind said enemy (since most enemies walk towards the player). It takes some time for the Crocus to build up enough speed to run, before first attacking an enemy and after getting thrown back. During the time that it takes for it to build up speed, it can't hit enemies and also can't be thrown back.
Extra Infro: There aren't very many pre-HM summoning weapons yet, so I thought this would be cool. Strengthwise, it's just stronger than the hornet staff.

Flowery Vine
vTYYqJd.png

Type: Rope.
Obtained from: Flowery Vines, 50% chance of getting 1.
Extra Info: +2 placement range.

Flail O' Flora
8DK6hg9.png

Type: Melee Weapon (Flail).
Damage: 14.
Crafted with: 15 Flowery Vine, 5 Bloombulb.
Speed: Slow.
Extra Information: It's pretty similar to the Flower Pow, but without its nice petalshooting bonus.

Flower Seeds
0D2Jg6g.png

Type: Seeds.
Obtained from: Colourful Flowers, 3,33% chance of getting 1.
Dropped by: Rafflesia (1-3, 100%).
Can be placed on dirt to grow Flowery Grass and thus create artificial Flower Biomes, and in pots to grow Colourful Flowers.

Acrid Perfume
9mtQ78E.png

Type: (Magic) Weapon.
Damage: 10.
Dropped by: Marigold (10%).
Speed: Fast.
Mana: 10.
Tooltip: (If character is female) 'Smells like love and happiness in a bottle.' (If character is male) 'MY EEEEYYYEEES!'
Extra Information: Produces small dark-purple clouds.

Stinky Leaf
dlhLat6.png
vjQBmaF.png

Type: (Magic) Weapon.
Damage: 6-24 (see Extra Info).
Dropped by: Rafflesia (11%).
Mana: 3-12 (see Extra Info).
Tooltip: Chance of inflicting Poisoned. (chance would be 12-48%, for 3-12 seconds)
Extra Information: The cloud moves very slowly and starts fading away after 7 seconds. It does not move up like the clouds Rafflesia spawns, but just moves in the direction the player sent it. It might be a bit hard to use at first, but when used correctly it's very powerful and mana-efficient.
The damage dealt, cloud size and mana cost depend on how long the left mouse button is held down to cast the spell. When the button is released immediately, the cloud will be very small, the damage will be 6 and it will cost 3 mana. When the button is held down 3 seconds, the cloud will be full sized, the damage will be 24 and it will cost 12 mana. For example, 1.5 seconds would be 15 damage and 7.5 mana, 1 second would be 12 damage and 6 mana, ect ect.
While charging up the cloud, it can be seen on the Stinky Leaf when the player is holding it. This way the player can see how large it is before releasing it. When the player has less than 12 mana, the cloud will stop charging up when the player's mana is 0. When the cloud is fully charged, it will stop growing and draining mana, and instead just sit there at the player's leaf, waiting for the left mouse button to be released.

Suspicious Looking Liana
71GOfXt.png

Type: Boss Summoner.
Max Stack: 20.
Crafted with: 30 Flowery Vine, 5 Mushroom, 1 Dark Water ( )
Tooltip: Summons Rafflesia.
Extra Information: Again, I don't like connecting my suggestions. An alternate for the Dark Water is a normal Bottle of Water or just nothing at all. The Dark Water would make Rafflesia post-Skeletron, though, and that's what I kinda want it to be.

Rafflesia Trophy
Nl7ALbC.png

Type: Furniture.
Dimensions: 3 wide * 3 high.
Max Stack: 99.
Rarity: Blue.
Use Time: 14.
Sell: 1 Gold Coin.
Dropped by: Rafflesia (10%).

Rafflesia Mask
zqYCOec.png

Type: Vanity.
Body Slot: Social Helmet.
Dropped by: Rafflesia (14.29%).

Gatling Blower
LhkcMVY.png

Type: (Ranged) Weapon.
Damage: 9.
Knockback: 1.5
Use Time: 14 (very fast).
Tooltip: 30% chance not to consume ammo. Gives seeds a 7% chance of inflicting Poisoned.
Velocity: 16.
Extra Information: Being the faster sibling of the Blowpipe and Blowgun, the Gatling Blower uses seeds and poison darts. Its damage is equal to the Blowpipe, but due to its high firing rate it is closer to the Blowgun dps-wise. It has way lower knockback than both its siblings, but higher velocity.

Flowerang
Opc4Y6p.png

Type: (Melee) Weapon.
Damage: 16.
Knockback: 6.
Use Time: 14 (very fast).
Tooltip: 10% chance of inflicting Poisoned.
Velocity: 11.5
Extra Information: A little bit stronger than the Ice Boomerang.

Lilacopter
hV7lBVN.png

AI: Pretty much the same as a hornet, except that this one shoots petals (
PCrrZyg.png
) instead of stingers.
Drops: Boots of Ostara (1%).

Flower Zombie
3q5NevQ.png

AI: Pretty much zombie AI. Though, this one occassionally speeds up and runs at the player. Scary.
Drops: Large Zinnia (3,33%).
Extra Info: Because every biome needs a zombie.

Marigold
WINhU5n.png

AI: Walks around like a town NPC until attacked. Then it starts walking towards the player, occassionally stopping to spray gold (like the golden shower) for a few seconds, dealing 15 damage but NOT giving the ichor debuff.
Drops: ~1 Gold Coin (100%), Acrid Perfume (10%).
Extra Info: Being the Pinky of the flowers and all, it spawns very rarely.

Crocus Pocus I knew I needed this in my suggestion when I first made the pun
RgD6uza.png

AI: The Crocus Pocus has 2 different attacks. Every time after performing one, he will wait a few seconds and then teleport to a new location, much like the caster enemies we already have. His first attack is your standard caster attack; He shoots three projectiles (these projectiles being Crocus Seeds
dJsupc7.png
) which do 14 damage each. His second attack, however, is pretty original.
The Crocus throws 2 tubers (
D1d95Bk.png
) in the player's direction, but one to the (far?) right of the player and one to the (far?) left of the player. The tubers will fall straight down slowly, and can be destroyed with a weapon. If a tuber isn't destroyed before hitting the ground, it will spawn a Crocus Minion (
7uA4c7e.png
), which will run at the player constantly. The minions can't be killed until their master has been.
The first attack the Crocus Pocus does is always the one shooting the seeds. After that he will choose a random attack from the two every time after teleporting, except for when he has 4 or more minions already alive, then he will only do the seed attack.
Drops: Crocus Staff (4%).
Extra Info: He spawns semi-rarely. Not as rarely as the Marigold, but less commonly than the Flower Zombie and Lilacopter.

General Information
All the cool biomes have a boss, but how many have a boss that is a plant? Only the Flower Biome! Plantera who?
Rafflesia can only be summoned in the Flower Biome, by using the Suspicious Looking Liana. When summoned it will come rising from the ground. Because why not.

Stats
Rafflesia
IVx1dGJ.png
(yes I know he is a bit small for a boss, but this biome is small for a boss as well)
Health: 4500.
Melee Damage: 35, (25% chance of inflicting Poisoned debuff).
Cloud Damage: 30, (75% chance of inflicting Poisoned debuff).
Defense: 10 (5 during Grapple attack, 15 during Stinking attack).
Blowfly
EoIT2kv.png

Health: 20.
Damage: 15.

AI
Rafflesia jumps around like a slime (an agressive slime, that is.) Every 5 seconds, however, it will stop jumping and perform an attack. These are the attacks it can randomly choose from:
1. Stinking
Rafflesia 'ducks' (he lowers his flower a bit), which makes him have a smaller hitbox. He will puff out 3 green clouds (
vjQBmaF.png
) one by one, which do 30 damage when touched and have a 75% chance of inflicting the Poisoned debuff. The clouds slowly swirl up in different directions and don't disappear until they're off-screen. During this attack, Rafflesia's defense is multiplied by 1.5, becoming 15. After producing the clouds, Rafflesia will start jumping again.
2. Pollination
Rafflesia summons 5 Blowflies (
EoIT2kv.png
), which will fly at the player. After the last one is summoned, he will start jumping again.
3. Grapple
Rafflesia shoots out a grappling hook at the ceiling. If the hook doesn't hit anything (range is 15 blocks, so it's pretty unlikely unless you built the biome yourself), it will just come back and Rafflesia will start jumping again. If it does hit something, Rafflesia will pull himself to the tile that was hit, and he will keep summoning Blowflies (
EoIT2kv.png
) until he is hit. His defense will be halved during this attack, becoming 5. When he is hit, he will fall down and start jumping again.

Drops
1 Rafflesia Mask (14,29%)
1 Rafflesia Trophy (10%)
5-15 Lesser Healing Potions (100%)
1-3 Flower Seeds (100%)
33% chance to drop one of the following (so each have 11% chance individually):
Flowerang
Gatling Blower
Stinky Leaf

Information about what the biome would look like and what tiles and walls it would be made of is scattered throughout the OP, so I decided to give it its own spoiler.

One Flower Biome would be about as large as a Mushroom Biome. It wouldn't have its own music or background, but it would have backwalls, these backwalls being Flower Walls (
xZ6THqF.png
) which as of now (1.2.4, that is) we can only find on the surface, in 'surface caves'. On the surface, however, they don't drop when you break them. In the Flower Biome, they would.
The biome would have dirt. Dirt with Flowery Grass (
0hAuen4.png
).
On this flowery grass would grow Colourful Flowers (
CnnOACv.png
) and Giant Flowers (
DZkm6SP.png
), as long as there would be enough space above the grass, of course. These Colourful Flowers and Giant Flowers would sometimes drop Flower Seeds (
0D2Jg6g.png
).
Bloombulbs (
ee38qk9.png
) would also grow on Flowery Grass, but unlike Colourful Flowers they would also grow on the walls and ceiling. These Bloombulbs would glow in a green-blue colour, influencing the atmosphere of the biome.
Flowery Vines (
Z56Aez3.png
) would grow from the ceiling. They would have a chance to drop a Flowery Vine (
vTYYqJd.png
).

Colourful Flowers would regrow at a very high speed after being broken. Bloombulbs would also regrow, but very slowly and only if there are no other bloombulbs in a 7 block radius, to prevent them from growing all over the biome. Flowery Vines would regrow at normal vine growing speed.

The Flower Biome would be immune to the Corruption, Crimson and Hallow. Those have enough other biomes to ruin.

No biome is complete without music, of course. I'm unable to show you even an example of my idea, but I thought that an optimistic but slightly mysterious chiptune would work for the Flower Biome.

For starters, you could put this in your signature to show your support for Rafflesia and his underground flower garden:
You could also help by pointing out flaws in the suggestion and the thread.

Last edited:
Awesome! Support! I added the banner to my signature, but I reached the max count and stuff, so I removed a few banners. (I still support them though)

Wow, that's a really nice biome suggestion Chad and you have my support.
Thanks!
Every thing else is good but the boss is worthless it dosent drop any thing good at all unless you like trophys and masks
Yeah, that is a problem I had with the idea as well. He does have the Stinky Leaf, but that's only good for mages. I'll try and come up with a ranged and a melee weapon as well.
Do dandelions count as flowers? Because i picked a ton of those a while ago
Sure, why not?

Back
Top Bottom