Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, meteors are fine as they are.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nealpd

Skeletron Prime

Header.png

Preface
Fallen meteors are sorely lacking in content compared to the rest of the game. It’s gone from necessary progression to a small annoyance that is at times flat out ignored. Even when meteor is sought after, it's a dull, forgettable experience.

Meteor Heads no longer constantly spawn, rather, they only spawn whilst the player is near a Meteor Watcher, making mining meteorite a bit less of a hassle.
Pre-Hardmode

Meteor Berserker
Meteor Berserker Pile.png
Meteor Berserker.png

Damage: 26

Health: 120

Defense: 7(While Prone) 17(While Charging)

The berserker spawns as a pile of meteorite. When the player gets close, or it is attacked, it forms into a golem type enemy.
The berserker moves at a slow pace, but when the berserker is damaged, it charges towards the player. The berserker will immediately begin charging if it is attacked while in a pile.

Drops

Meteorite.png
Meteorite 1-5 30%

Otherworldly Shard.png
Otherworldly Shard 50%

Obelisk Talisman.png
Obelisk Talisman 2%

Meteor Watcher
Meteor Watcher.png

Damage: 2

Health: 400

Defense: 25

Slowly floats around the player, watching it. Generally attempts to avoid contact with the player.
Causes meteor heads to spawn whilst in proximity the player.

Drops

Meteorite.png
Meteorite 1-10 40%

Otherworldly Shard.png
Otherworldly Shard 1-4 60%

Meteor Eye.png
Meteor Eye 2%

Hardmode
Void Bolt.png
Meteor Voidskull.png

Meteor Voidskull

Damage: 40

Health: 100

Defense: 18

Spawns in the same way, and acts quite similarly to meteor heads. However these move slower and shoot a slow moving projectile occasionally.

Drops

Meteorite.png
Meteorite 1 2%

Void Dust.png
Void Dust 1-3 40%

Meteor Voidwalkers
Meteor Voidwalker.png

Damage: 30(Walker) 3 per tick (Flames)

Health: 300

Defense: 23

Slow moving golems that ignore the player entirely. They leave behind a trail of black flames that damage the player.

Drops

Meteorite.png
Meteorite 2-5 20%

Void Dust.png
Void Dust 1-3 40%
The meteor shower is an event can happen at any time after a meteor has landed and a boss has been defeated. A meteor shower has a 20% chance of happening when night starts, after the first shower, the event chance is lowered to 4% per night. Meteor Showers end at daybreak.

When the event begins, the text “A meteor shower is happening!” will be displayed in chat, and while above ground the background will be overlaid with meteors falling.

This is what I imagine the music would sound a bit like.
Pre-Hardmode
Meteor Watchers, Berserkers, and Heads appear during this event. Heads still only spawn when in the vicinity of a Watcher.

Small Meteor
Small Meteor.png

Damage: 40

Health: 20

Defense: 0

These things fall everywhere during the event, but can easily be shot out of the sky; they make a small explosion that doesn’t destroy tiles when they contact the ground.

Drops

Meteorite.png
Meteorite: 1-2 10%

Large Meteor
Large Meteor.png

Damage: 120

Health: 30

These don’t spawn as often as the small meteor, and are a bit slower. They make a medium explosion that doesn’t destroy tiles when they contact the ground.

Drops

Meteorite.png
Meteorite 3-4 10%

Shooting Star
Falling Star.png

Damage: 0

Health: 1

The shooting star is a relatively rare enemy, and the main draw to the meteor shower in Pre-Hardmode. These things are very fast, are followed by a trail of bright particles, and make a tiny sparkle when colliding with the ground. However, if you are able to destroy it before it hits the ground, it drops a Star Piece.

Drops

Star Fragment.png
Star Piece 100%

Hardmode

In hardmode, Meteor Voidskulls and Voidwalkers start to spawn.

Apex Meteor
Apex Meteor.png

Health: 30

Defense: 50

Spawns quite often, but not as much as small meteors. Has about the same speed as the Large Meteor. If it collides with the ground, it spawns a meteor totem.

Meteor Totem
Meteor Totem.png

Health: 250

Defense: 23

Remains stationary, and buffs up all nearby enemies attack and defense by 7, and causes more meteors to fall nearby.

Drops

Meteor Tablet.png
Meteor Tablet 1%

Void Dust.png
Void Dust 1-2 10%

Treasure Meteor (Needs better name.)
Treasure Meteor.png

Damage: 50

Health: 1

Relatively rare enemy. Moves incredibly fast. Only gives drops if killed before it hits the ground.

Drops

Random Ore 1-20 80%

Post-Plantera

Meteor Obelisk
Meteor Obelisk.png

Health: 1000

Defense: 18

Remains Stationary, when broken summons a Colossal Meteor. Causes many meteors to fall near it.

Drops

Otherworldly Shard.png
Otherworldly Shard 10-20 100%

Colossal Meteor
Colossal Meteor.png

Damage: 50

Health: Invulnerable

Defense: Invulnerable

Extremely slow, when it collides with the ground a Meteor Guardian appears in its place.

Meteor Guardian
Meteor Gaurdian.png
Meteor Gaurdian Void.png

FireBAll.png
Void Ball.png

Damage: 30(Contact while in meteor form) 40(Contact while in void form) 45(Fireballs) 70(Void Orbs)

Health: 4300

Defense: 20(Meteor Form) 25(Void Form)

The meteor guardian constantly switches between two forms (At a 1 in 2 chance every 15-30 seconds.), the meteor form and the void form. While in meteor form, it uses fast ramming attacks and shoots fireballs quite often, at the cost of less damage and defense, while in void form, it tends to stay away from the player, taking slow potshots with void orbs, and summoning Meteor Voidskulls for support.

Drops

Chaotic Blaze.png
Chaotic Blaze 20%

Twin Flare.png
Twin Flare 20%

Burst Ray.png
Burst Ray 20%

Void Skull.png
Void Skull 20%

Broken Lens.png
Broken Lens 20%
Dormant Meteor
Dormat Meteor.png

Health: 200

Defense: 13

Rare spawn near the edges of a world, after a meteor shower has occurred in the world. When broken, a meteor shower will happen if during night. If during the day, a meteor shower will occur that night.
Otherworldly Shard
Otherworldly Shard.png

“Resonates an otherworldly power.”

Material

Star Piece
Star Fragment.png

“A tiny piece of a distant star.”

Material

Void Dust
Void Dust.png

“Dust collected from the vast emptiness of space”

Material

Obelisk Slicer
Obelisk Slicer.png

“Deeply resonates a sleeping power.”

Damage: 29

Knockback: 6

Critical chance: 4%

Use time: 35 (Slow)

Crafted:

Otherworldly Shard.png
10 Otherworldly Shards

Meteorite_Bar.png
5 Meteorite Bars

At an anvil

The Pylon
The Pylon.png
Shard.png

“One should be enough.”
Shots fired explode into 1-3 small shards upon hitting a wall or an enemy. Doesn’t Auto-Fire.

Damage: 27(Bullet) 8(Shards)

Velocity: 4.5

Use time: 45 (Very Slow)

Crafted:

15 Otherworldly Shards

5 Meteorite Bars

At an anvil

Monolith Buster
Monolith Buster.png

Monolith Buster Proj.png

“Fires a projectile that sticks to walls.”

Fires a large, otherworldly shard like projectile that falls very quickly, and sticks to any walls it hits, constantly damaging enemies that walk through it. After 5 hits, or 10 seconds, it explodes into shards.

Damage: 15(Projectile) 8(Shards)

Knockback: 1

Mana Cost: 21

Velocity: 2

Affected by gravity

Use time: 35 (Slow)

Crafted:

Otherworldly Shard.png
15 Otherworldly Shards

Meteorite_Bar.png
5 Meteorite Bars

At an anvil

Obelisk Talisman
Obelisk Talisman.png
Shard.png

“Causes shards to explode from your attacks.”

Accessory

5% Increased Critical Strike Chance

All attacks have a 50% chance of exploding into 1-3 shards

Damage: 8(Shard)

Star Frenzy
Star Frenzy.png

“Call upon the power of the heavens.”

Causes three stars to rain in a spread.

Damage: 29

Knockback: 5

Velocity: 25

Use time: 17 (Very Fast) 42 (Stars)

Crafted:

Star Fragment.png
1 Star Piece

Meteorite_Bar.png
5 Meteorite Bars

Starfury.png
1 Starfury

At an anvil

Starstorm
Starstorm.png

“PK….”

Rains stars upon the enemy, similar to the meteor staff or the blizzard staff.

Damage: 27

Knockback: 1

Mana Cost: 14

Velocity: 15

Use time: 20 (Very Fast)

Crafted:

Star Fragment.png
1 Star Piece

Meteorite_Bar.png
10 Meteorite Bars

Otherworldly Shard.png
3 Otherworldly Shards

At an anvil

Star Burst
Star Burst.png

Star Burst Proj.png

“Surprisingly not juicy”

Fires a slow moving star projectile that, after 0.75 seconds, or it collides with an enemy, explodes into a spread of 8 bullets of the type fired.

Damage: 22

Velocity: 7.5

Use time: 47 (Very Slow)

Crafted:

Star Fragment.png
1 Star Piece

Meteorite_Bar.png
10 Meteorite Bars

Otherworldly Shard.png
3 Otherworldly Shards

At an anvil

Starlight Arrow
Starlight Arrow.png

“Say Goodnight.”

Leaves behind a trail of stars that deal damage when walked through.

Damage: 4(Arrow) 12(Trail)

Knockback: 3

Velocity : 1

Crafted:

Star Fragment.png
1 Star Piece

Wooden_Arrow.png
150 Wooden Arrows

At a Workbench

Makes: 150

Meteor Eye
Meteor Eye.png

“Summons a Meteor Head to fight for you.”

Summons a meteor head minion. The minion floats slowly around you, similarly to the hornet, until it spots an enemy. It then rushes towards the enemy at great speeds, ramming into them repeatedly.

Damage: 14

Mana Cost: 10

Void Breaker
Void Breaker.png

Draws enemies that aren’t immune to knockback closer to it.

“Draws in enemies.”

Damage: 42

Use time: 26 (Average)

Crafted:

Void Dust.png
10 Void Dust

Meteorite_Bar.png
5 Meteorite Bars

At an anvil

The Void
The Void.png
The Void Proj.png

“You can’t avoid the void.”

Fires a black hole to the mouse location, which draws in all enemies that aren’t immune to knockback, continually doing damage. Only one black hole can be out at a time.

Damage: 22

Knockback: 0

Mana Cost: 34

Velocity: 5

Use time: 40 (Very Slow)

Crafted:

Spell_Tome.png
1 Spell Tome

Void Dust.png
10 Void Dust

Soul_of_Night.gif
5 Souls of Night

At a Bookcase

Outer Arcbow
Outer Arcbow.png

“Its power is said to reach the deepest galaxies.”

Projectiles aren’t affected by gravity.

Damage: 32

Velocity: 10

Use time: 16 (Very Fast)

Crafted:

Void Dust.png
10 Void Dust

Meteorite_Bar.png
3 Meteorite Bars

Otherworldly Shard.png
3 Otherworldly Shards

At an anvil

Awakened Obelisk Slicer
Awakened Obelisk Slicer.png
Fire Bolt.png

“The true potential of this mighty weapon has been unleashed.”

Shoots a fast moving Fire bolt.

Damage: 56(Sword) 76(Bolt)

Velocity: 12

Critical chance: 7%

Use time: 25 (Fast) 56(Fire Bolt)

Crafted:

Obelisk Slicer.png
1 Obelisk Slicer

Void Dust.png
5 Void Dust

Soul_of_Fright.gif
5 Souls of Fright

Soul_of_Sight.gif
5 Souls of Sight

Soul_of_Might.gif
5 Souls of Might

At a Mythril/Orichalcum anvil

Chaotic Blaze
Chaotic Blaze.png
Fire Bolt.png
Void Bolt.png

“Chaos is forged within this blade.”

Shoots fire and void projectiles in random directions at random.

Damage: 59 (Sword) 60 (Fire Projectiles) 70(Void Projectiles)

Knockback: 5

Velocity: 10(Fire Projectiles) 5(Void Projectiles)

Use time: 17 (Very Fast) Random (Projectiles)

Twin Flare
Twin Flare.png

“When one just isn’t enough.”

Shoots two arrows, which have the hellfire arrow effect added.

Damage: 62

Knockback: 7

Velocity: 9

Use time: 27 (Average)

Burst Ray
Burst Ray.png
Burst Ray Laser.png
Burst Ray Explosion.png

“Fires an incredibly powerful laser.”

Fires a laser that creates a large burst of energy when it hits a wall or an enemy.

Damage: 62 (Laser) 87 (Burst)

Knockback: 2

Mana Cost: 24

Velocity: 9

Use time: 32 (Slow)

Void Skull
Void Skull.png

“It has a piercing glare.”

Summons a meteor voidskull minion, which slowly floats around the player firing slow making void bolts at enemies.

Damage: 32

Knockback: 4

Mana Cost: 10

Broken Lens
Broken Lens.png

“You didn’t not see nothing.”

Accessory

Meteor Heads and Meteor Voidskulls no longer spawn while a meteor watcher is in the vicinity of the player.

Meteor Tablet
Meteor Tablet.png

Placeable

While given a wire signal, meteors will fall at a 1 in 2 chance every other night.

Well, there you go. Please tell me what can be improved/what I did wrong/what is horrendously over/underpowered.
Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did making it, this is my second suggestion, with hopefully more to come in the future.​

Last edited:
This is awesome! The idea of the Terrarian Sky lit up in an explosion of meteors gives me a warm feeling inside. Sprites and concept are amazing, I don't worry about such balancing issues.

Very nice! I've always wanted something like a meteor shower in Terraria. It wasn't something like an event, just background eyecandy, but this looks great. You get some Support in a Bottle!
68dGhkE.png

This is awesome! The idea of the Terrarian Sky lit up in an explosion of meteors gives me a warm feeling inside. Sprites and concept are amazing, I don't worry about such balancing issues.
Thanks, maybe I should add some sort of item that allows you to see meteors in the background at all times similar to the monoliths you can craft from the lunar pillars.

This is pretty damn awesome, but the damage is extremely low honestly, especially for the pre plantera stuff
Thanks! Yeah, some things probably need buffing, in an attempt to keep this well balanced I probably overcorrected and made things underpowered as a result :p.

Very nice! I've always wanted something like a meteor shower in Terraria. It wasn't something like an event, just background eyecandy, but this looks great. You get some Support in a Bottle!
68dGhkE.png

Thank you! It tastes delicious :p.
Great ideas, and I love the references.
Thanks!

Pretty sure this outright trumps my thread. Teach me your ways.
Thanks! I wasn't trying to trump your thread. It's got some pretty good ideas. Oh and as for my ways, stay in milk, drink your drugs and don't do school. :p

This is great for someone who only went to a meteor for bricks!
Thanks, boy oh boy I know that feel, that was pretty much the reason I started making this idea in the first place. I had forgotten meteors exist until late into hardmode when I grabbed some to make some bricks.

This seems really cool, and I like the sprites! This could easily become a mod, you know.
Thanks! It might, I know a guy. @jordan :p

This is pretty cool! But isn't it a little bit full? I mean, I love the idea of expanding meteorites, but I feel like this has a bit too much to it.

This is pretty cool! But isn't it a little bit full? I mean, I love the idea of expanding meteorites, but I feel like this has a bit too much to it.
I might just take that as a compliment :p.
I always thought that meteors were a part of progression in prehardmode. This suggestion started as just something to add to that and make them not so boring, and not as (mostly) useless. However, it became apparent to me that meteors would just still be an annoyance in hardmode, so adding content to meteors during hardmode just seemed fitting.

I'm amazed! It's sad to think that they almost definately won't be in the game, and WON'T be in console or mobile. 100% SUPPORT!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1437404198,1437404002][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm amazed! It's sad to think that they almost definately won't be in the game, and WON'T be in console or mobile. 100% SUPPORT!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1437404352][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm amazed! It's sad to think that they almost definately won't be in the game, and WON'T be in console or mobile. 100% SUPPORT!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1437404374][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm amazed! It's sad to think that they almost definately won't be in the game, and WON'T be in console or mobile. 100% SUPPORT!!!

I'm amazed! It's sad to think that they almost definately won't be in the game, and WON'T be in console or mobile. 100% SUPPORT!!!
Thanks! But, never say never, I'm not starry eyed when it comes to these things, and yeah it most likely will never be added, but there might be a slim chance!

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang
As I was reading this thread all I could think was "Wow, These are ideas are incredible, and the sprites are awesome too"

Back
Top Bottom