Items [Sprites] New Biome Chest! (first thread on forums)

Did you like my suggestion?

• Yes it was amazing! :D

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • It was ok but had some flaws :)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Pass :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Exobyte

Plantera
(As of 8/7/15, @NightX and I will be making a mod focused on the thrower class, but also enhancing the experience for the other classes! Stay tuned :D)
Hi! My name is Exobyte, and I have a really good idea I would like to share!
This is my first thread, and I would really appreciate some feedback :)
Enjoy!

So as you all know, Biome chests are a really cool way of getting awesome weapons, but there is only one weapon for each class (except Melee).
1.3 also introduced another class (thrower) but it kind of disappears when you start hardmode :sigh:
I have been really interested in the "thrower" class, and I have been really looking forward to the day when it is a fully completed class
but...
Then thought "why don't I start making it myself"
Hence where I am now.

(I am fully aware that this will most likely never make it into the game,
but I find it really enjoyable to make creative ideas and make sprites for them :dryadtongue:)
(Also I know this is a really weird place to start of a thrower suggestion, but this was the first thing that came in mind)
Alright lets get started!

First off, the biome chest theme is Desert (Because the Desert is one of the only places you can get thrower armor)

The desert key (new version by @Pirtz)
69582-d1ea0884ff09a328f2e4ed0e695f4209.jpg

would have a 1/2500 chance from dropping from any normal Desert mob after hardmode
(even though chests won't open after Plantera has been defeated)

Obviously you would have to go to the Desert chest to get the weapon.
69094-ca9b7cb82855fdff11025c91f576d030.jpg
(Desert chest)

The Weapon:

Antlion Assegai
69095-8384b83640d2ee99c029d3a2b73ab9c6.jpg

Stats:
Damage: 70 (throwing)
Max stack: 1
Knockback: 4
Velocity: 12
Critical chance: 4%
Rarity: Yellow
Use time: 18
Tooltip: "Hurtle live Antlions at your enemies"

Info: This weapon is comparable to the Scourge (which should be a thrower weapon), but they have their differences.
The Assegai would not be affected by gravity and leave a trail of sandy particles that does 5 dps.
If the Assegai hits its target, it would do 70 impact damage and latch onto said target and inflict the Penetrated Debuff
69104-096aaefbca38960549c921107d76ae25.jpg

doing 7 dps.
Then after 5 seconds the Assegai on the target would fade away, stopping the Debuff and stopping damage.
Unlike the Bone Javelin which also uses the Penetrated Debuff, the player will only need 1 Assegai, and will not need to keep on crafting them.
So thats it!
Thanks for reading my first thread, as stated before feedback is appreciated and welcomed :p(unless its negative)
Look out for more thrower suggestions by me!

Sincerely,
-Exobyte :joy:

Banner: (by @DarkAwesome )

Banner: (by @iDuck )
(Will be uploaded soon it doesn't work so for now please just look at page 2 of chat)

Last edited:
It should also drop from surface desert mobs
My logic was that if you get thrower items from the underground Desert then you should get the key from the underground Desert only. Thanks for the feedback (much appreciated) :cool::naughty:
[DOUBLEPOST=1438892240,1438892072][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's what banner workshops are for!
Could you send me a link to the best one you know please?

More throwing weapons? Cool! Even though dungeon desert chests have been suggested quite a few times, adding another hard-mode throwing weapon is nice. Support!

More throwing weapons? Cool! Even though dungeon desert chests have been suggested quite a few times, adding another hard-mode throwing weapon is nice. Support!
Yeah, I'm with Brick. The Desert is the natural biome for throwing.
If your interested in this, @NightX and I will be making a mod focused on the Thrower class, but it will also have other features :D (It will feature the Desert chest)
[DOUBLEPOST=1438977104,1438977072][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and thanks so much for the support :passionate:

If your interested in this, @NightX and I will be making a mod focused on the Thrower class, but it will also have other features :D (It will feature the Desert chest)
[DOUBLEPOST=1438977104,1438977072][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and thanks so much for the support :passionate:
Awesome! Grey and I are staff on the TFIW, and there is currently a discussion going on about the "Thrower class". Check it out, it might give you some inspiration!
-http://terrariafanideas.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:26755

Back
Top Bottom