Weapons & Equip [Sprites] Scorpion - Another placeable weapon.

Acquirement/Additions

• Bought from Arms Dealer

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Found underground

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • I want more ammo!

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I want a hardmode version!

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
Alright, here goes. I haven’t suggested in a while. To be honest, I don’t think I’ve suggested on these forums. Strange, because I’ve had a few lined up for a while.
Long story short, I was going to enter Week 17 of the Weekly Spriting Challenge, but I missed it, so, instead of wasting my sprites, I decided to make a suggestion instead.

The Scorpion

Basically, a non-snow themed Snowball Launcher, gated a bit higher but easier to obtain. (1/150? That’s like one in a million!). Based off the Roman weapon of war.

Scoprion.png

Obtainment:

EITHER
-bought from the Arms Dealer after Skelly has been spooked.
OR
-dropped from a new enemy/found in chest in new minibiome underground.

^^ POLL PLEASE ^^

Type: Furniture - weapon
Placeable: Yes
Dimensions: 3 wide x 3 high
Max Stack: 99
Rarity: Green
Use Time: 28 (Average)
Tooltip: Has quite a sting!
Sell: TBD

Ammunition:

Reinforced Bolt.png

Reinforced Bolt
Crafted with: 20 Wood and 1 Iron/Lead bar at an Anvil. Makes 20.
OR sold by the Arms Dealer if the Scorpion is bought, for 25 Copper.

Type: Ammunition
Damage: 20
Knockback: 4
Max Stack: 999
Velocity: 5
Rarity: White
Sell: 5 copper

That’s all for now! Feel free to leave your thoughts, criticisms and support. Remember to leave a like if you like, or I will murder you in your sleep be very upset about it. Heh.
I might add more ammo types if the idea gets enough support, and a hardmode upgrade if I get any ideas. *wink wink*
*Flies off to go ruin someone’s Hardcore run*

Last edited:
It should pierce enemies, and it should be sold by the Merchant after defeating the BoC/EoW, due to it being stationary and relatively slow-firing (It would be very useful against Goblin Invasions if it were easily-obtained before they stop being a threat, specially if it were to pierce enemies, which would compensate for the inability to shoot upwards).

Back
Top Bottom