Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Consumption: an Evil Biome Alt

ZerumeNote

Terrarian
The Consumption
"bleeding the world dry..."

There was once a mad sorcerer who traveled from land to land, spreading curses and destroying towns and cities alike. One of his curses was The Consumption, which would cause those inflicted to go mad with hunger, and eat anything that they could get their hands on.

The sorcerer loved spreading the curse of consumption, as it caused people to become nothing more than animals. However, it soon became more, it became a land all its own, and the sorcerer could no longer control it, and it drove even him out.

Since, it has spread to many other lands, and threatens to reduce them to nothing but dust...
Overworld-
Underground-

The Environment

The major feature of the landscape would be the trench:
DkeoTsx.png

UbmzcCu.png

Water in the consumption would take on a dirty tan color

e1z8Omh.png

Consumed dust
The ground is covered in a thick layer of dust, and nothing but Dust wood trees and Dustbrush can grow off it.

KdYjZdr.png

Dustwood trees
These dead trees dot the consumption, and are often very short, rarely reaching anything above 8 blocks tall. Chopping them down will yield Dustwood logs.

Xis5O83.png
w9iZAFr.png

Dustwood logs
Logs from dustwood trees

VUk7Mgb.png
gHUYrzB.png

Dustbrush
only grows above 0 on dust, blooms from 11 AM to 1 PM on days of a new moon.

hIaFoH6.png

ebUxtTe.png
KuRlXrn.png
7U07ZRz.png

Wastestone
The stone of the consumption, it takes the Prospector pickaxe or higher to mine

qPu8xve.png

Consumed pots
When on consumed blocks pots would take the appearance of barrels

RHyhOkL.png

Bone alters
These would be found all over the world, but in high concentration in trenches. They would emit yellow light

HGdgszp.png

Bone cores
These would be found at the end of the horizontal paths in trenches. Breaking them would yield loot and a message. breaking three would summon the boss of the consumption.

qEqcURh.png
HXQeFXH.png

Entropite
entropite would be found all over the world in very small amounts, and if ores were covered by a trench generating, they would have a small chance to be converted to it.

W0UaMJk.png

Yellow ice
Simply ice converted to consumption.

3QWagnN.png

wastesand
converted sand

eOOj1Nu.png

Consumed cactus
Cactus growing on consumed sand

AINewCc.png

Rest chests
replaces shadow chests in the underworld

Creatures
SrBcjZX.png

Dust Demons
These enemies would behave similar to unicorns, and would be the most common creature in the consumption
Damage- 17
Life- 36
Defense- 6
KB resist- 44%

N5DJmP3.png

Scrapers
Scrapers are simple fighter AI enemies who spawn uncommonly.
Damage- 14
Life- 35
Defense- 8
KB resist- 40%

sCQoTXR.png
oguE9zG.png

Lifeless
these are withered humans who can crawl on walls.
Damage-20
Life- 28
Defense- 7
KB resist- 48%

NqH7ENj.png
AG66EXD.png

Hungry critters
there are critters who spawn on blood moons and can be converted from regular critters
Damage- 20/30
Life- 70/100
Defense- 4/6
KB resist- 0%/0%
0RcpgSs.png

Gritfin
Can be fished at any time

VhEJSGE.png

Current scourge
Quest fish

kTza0J6.png

Junk fish
Quest fish

8eaVkHz.png

Dust Devils
After hard mode these will replace about half of the dust demons that spawn. They act more like archers, throwing bones at you from a distance
Damage- 58
Life- 225
Defense- 30
KB resist- 45%

D21pWnW.png

Caked Slime
these slimes would behave just as other slimes do, but when hitting you, would have a chance to inflict the 'Siphoned' debuff.
Damage- 55
Life- 160
Defense- 22
KB resist- 10%

rdAakV2.png

Cursed bow
the cursed weapon that spawns underground. acts like the giant cursed skull, but can only fire when not in blocks. Its projectile has a chance to cause siphoned for 15 seconds.
Damage- 78
Life- 180
Defense- 16
KB resist- 55%

[sprite needed]
Life pilferer
would look like a lifeless, but walks on its legs, and can't crawl on walls. can cause siphoned for 5 seconds.
Damage- 65
Life- 145
Defense- 15
KB resist- 45%

g3aorgS.png

Yellow pigron
spawns when an ice biome and a consumption cross.
Damage- 70
Life- 210
Defense- 16
KB resist- 50%

249qCrr.png

Dismantled mummies
spawn in Consumed deserts. cause weakness, drops metal scraps and vitamins.
Damage- 58
Life- 190
Defense- 17
KB resist- 50%

wCbwInl.png

Consumed mimic
Consumption mini-boss
Damage- 90
Life- 3500
Defense- 34
KB resist- 90%

The boss

[sprite needed]
Damage- 26
Life- 6500
Defense- 8

9f20ksT.png

Hunters
Damage- 20
Life- 999
Defense- 999
KB resist- 100%

the boss of the consumption would be the soulless. it would look like a giant lifeless, walking around on two legs. it would spawn with 12 hunters.

The boss fight would start with the soulless walking towards you slowly, it's hunters would be very fast, and would be able to jump. the soulless would be able to roar and make any nearby players un-grapple from any blocks that they are grappled to. the hunters would be invincible at this time.
after doing 70% damage, the soulless would let out a screech and all the hunters would die, leaving behind some materials.
The second phase would have the soulless charging at you at high speed. the soulless would have high contact damage and be able to glide and sink though blocks to get to you if required. if unable to go through blocks it would open it's mouth wide and start sucking in causing particles to spawn in front of itself and travel towards his mouth, getting in the range of this would cause you to constantly lose HP, and it to gain HP.

It's ability during expert mode would be leaving a trail of damaging particles behind itself while in it's second stage.

after defeating it, it would drop normal boss drops, plus entropite and dried flesh.

Items

7yR4mCx.png

Gun- Rust rockets
this would be the first item you would always get in a world. it would look like two six-shooters on top of each other. it would be automatic, and have a high rate of fire, but low damage.
Damage- 12
Speed- 34.5

riTT9LS.png

spell- Dusty staff
This would be a summoning weapon that would summon mini dust devils. unlike most minions, these would tend to wander while you aren't moving.
Damage- 7

H9CREFC.png

accessory- Spurs
This accessory would, while worn, would give a speed boost to mounts at all times. this would mostly be useful on slower mounts

NZf9E5x.png

Light pet- Ghostly soul
This light pet would produce a low yellowish light, and would circle slowly around you at about 2 blocks away

dnynHv4.png

other- The badge
This would be a yo-yo shaped like a sheriff's badge
Damage- 17
Speed- 20
Reach- 12
Duration- 6
Knockback- 4
76TAWk5.png

Dust
this would be the major drop for the consumption, acting in place of rotten chunks

nHMN2VH.png

Lawmakers armor
in pre-hard mode, any mob killed within the consumption would have the ability to drop a piece of lawmakers armor, an early game summoning set
Lawmaker's monical- 3 defence, +1 minion, +2% minion damage
Lawmaker's Jacket- 4 defence, + 1 minion, +2% minion damage
Lawmaker's Pants- 3 defence, +3% minion damage
Set bonus- +5% minion damage

pYEEtWN.png

dried flesh
the shadow scale equivalent

DX1jqgx.png

Metal scraps
Used in the rusty saw blade recipe

fPNZLsm.png

Consumed key
key to unlock the consumed chest in the dungeon

m9KvL8Z.png

lifeless essence
some enemies would be able to drop this in hard mode. it would be the cursed flames of the consumption

v1x3Ds6.png
p3rRG6a.png

Entropite bars
Crafted from three Entropite ore at a furnace

h3SJj1S.png

Dustwood armor
Dustwood Helm- 0 defence
Dustwood Chest- 1 defence
Dustwood Greves- 0 defence
Set bonus- 2% chance to dodge attacks

BUGG5vl.png

Hunted Armor
Made from entropite and dried flesh
Hunted Hat- 6 defence, +3% knockback
Hunted Ringmail- 8 defence, +3% kockback
Hunted Chaps- 6 defence, +3% knockback
Set bonus- +12% damage

jQvDVrr.png

cloudy water
Spreads the consumption. made from 5 bottled water, one wastesand and consumed seeds

Zyo7FDY.png

Hexed dust
Made from dustbrush at a bottle or alchemy table, makes 5. Removes the good biome.

VeejW7z.png

Mania potion
decreases use time for all weapons by 3

num3TOe.png

'Food'
summoning item for the soulless made from 30 hexed dust and 15 dust.

qNNfOr6.png

Prospector
the entropite pickaxe
Damage- 8
Speed- 20
Knockback- 3
67% Pickaxe power

X6WymWX.png

the law
entropite hammer
Damage- 22
Speed- 40
Knockback- 6
55% hammer power

2VciH2k.png

Renegade
Entropite axe
Damage- 20
Speed- 28
Knockback- 6
70% axe power
sOUD69v.png

Jail Bird
Entropite Fishing rod
Velocity- 13
22% fishing power
GYxMQpG.png

Soul Harvester
Entropite sword
Damage- 18
Speed- 18
Knockback- 6

2fu3VlS.png

The horns
Entropite bow
Damage-14
Speed-26
Velocity-6.7

Zx8SqKt.png

Trailblazer
Entropite flail
Damage-15
Speed- 38

uao3Jnw.png

Soul Shatterer
Combination sword
Damage-41
Speed- 24
Knockback- 7
bJFsI5I.png

Soul spray
Tome spell, shoots out a cone of lifeless essence that extends about 8 blocks from the caster.
Damage-30
Speed- 17
Knockback- 6
Mana- 10

UKQpR1L.png

Lifeless flask
imbue flask for lifeless essence

HP80xzD.png

siphon bullets
Lifeless essence bullets
Damage- 10
Knockback- 2
Velocity- 2.2

[sprite needed]
Dust wings
Replacement for demon wings

oyc1Z04.png

True soul shatterer
The true version of the soul shatterer. the projectile it shoots would be slow, but would also explode on impact doing about 2/3 damage
Damage- 92
Speed- 22.5
knockback- 6.5
[sprite needed]
Spell-Whirlwind staff
This staff would upon use, fling a tornado in the direction of the cursor, that would fling enemies up into the air if they were to collide with it
Damage- 21
Speed- 25
Knockback- 10
Mana- 35

[sprite needed]
Dart gun- undecided

[sprite needed]
Melee Weapon- undecided

62OngMV.png

Hook- The Noose
This hook would have 2 heads and a reach of 21 tiles

vRjzP51.png

Accessory- Bandit's mask
This would, while worn, make all enemies drop 5% more gold, and would increase projectile velocity by 5%
EOpa78t.png

Consumed seeds
Dropped by EOC, and sold by the dryad on blood moons

qOEuW4B.png

Rest keys
These would replace shadow keys in dungeon chests, and would open rest chests

FkJ1iSc.png

The spike
this would replace the dark lance in rest chests
Damage-30
Speed-23.5

HmKlTOb.png

Siphoned
This debuff would reduce the effected creature or player's HP by 15% for the duration of the buff.

dungeon loot
t7LDOwi.png

Damage- 84
Speed- 15
knockback- 6
The soul siphoner is a short sword type weapon that has a catch, as you chain successful hits, you'll gain buffs that if right clicked while you have them, let you do special attacks with the soul siphoner.
After three hits without missing, you'll get the soul thief I buff giving you +10% damage with the soul siphoner only. right clicking now will cause a yellow beam similar to the aqua scepter's, but longer.
The second buff takes nine more hits after having the the first, called soul thief II. it gives +10% DMG and increased melee speed with the soul siphoner. right clicking will cause a heat ray like beam beam to shoot out straight in front of your player.
The third buff, soul thief III, gotten after 18 more hits with the sword, gives +10% DMG, increased melee speed, and inflicting siphoned to any enemy hit. right clicking causes the player to point the item up and cause a shower of golden shower like projectiles that cause siphoned to shoot upwards.
any time you right click you will lose your current soul thief buff.
If you miss an attack or don't attack for three seconds with the soul siphoner, your hit count will reset.

And that's it for now. tell me if you like it or don't, and tell me what I can change to make it better.​

Last edited:
Interesting. The concept is cool, and stays wight the general 'wasteland' theme (wasteland/apocalypse=desert?), though I agree with HydraVenomX2, (I'm sorry) the sprites could be improved.

other than that, support.

Sounds nice! I do love alt biome suggestions, because it would add a huge amount of replayability if there was more alternate biomes.

Bumping

Added:
Sprite for the lifeless while on the ground
Sprite for consumed mimic
Sprite for Rust Rockets
Sprite for ghostly soul(WIP)
Sprite for The Badge(WIP)
Sprite for Lawmaker's Armor
Stats For lawmaker's Armor
Sprite for metal Scraps(WIP)
Stats For Dustwood Armor
Stats for Hunted Armor
Sprite for Hexed Dust
Sprite for Mania Potion
Consumed Mimic Loot
Changed:
Sprite for Scraper
Sprite for Lifeless on a wall
Sprite for Lifeless Essence
Sprite for 'Food'
Sprite for Soul Shatterer
Sprite for Soul spray
Sprite for Lifeless Flask
Sprite for siphon bullets
Sprite for True Soul Shatterer

Other than that, more sprites, and sprite changes to come.

Anniversary Bump

Added sprite for dustwood logs, both placed and item
Changed sprite for entropite
Added sprite for placed Entropite
Added sprite for Entropite bars, both placed and item
Added sprite for The Noose(WIP)
Added Sprite for Bandit's Mask(WIP)

That about does it for this update, here's to another year!

I really like this suggestion! I like the idea of a barren wasteland-themed alternate Corruption. I have to wonder, though, what would this biome's opposite (alternate Hallow) be? The only thing I can think of would be some sort of Jungle overflowing with life and such, but we already have a Jungle.

I really like this suggestion! I like the idea of a barren wasteland-themed alternate Corruption. I have to wonder, though, what would this biome's opposite (alternate Hallow) be? The only thing I can think of would be some sort of Jungle overflowing with life and such, but we already have a Jungle.

In my opinion, if they were to add more alt biomes, it would be better to not have direct opposites, but I'm not sure if that's the way @ZerumeNote would want it.

Back
Top Bottom