Weapons & Equip [Sprites] [Updated] Thunder Tier

What do you think?

• I like the sprites but not the idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think it needs... (please elaborate in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Derpo here, with another suggestion, this time an old one with some new content.

Now, some of you may remember my old Thunder Armor thread on the old forums. Well, I've taken that idea, improved two of the sprites, and added a couple of things.

First off, all of these things will be made with Thundurem (pronounced Thun-doo-rem).
Thundurem Bar bigger.png
Thundurem Bar.png

This is made with 4 pieces of Thundurem ore.
Thundurem Ore bigger.png
Thundurem Ore.png

Thundurem ore is similar to Chlorophyte in that it is an ore that grows. But it doesn't grow underground, it grows on sky islands. The ore will start to grow when at least one mech boss has been defeated. It grows twice as fast as chlorophyte and 3 times faster while it's raining (idea by @DoktorDare). It can be mined with an Adamantite/Titanium pick or higher, this gives those picks a use. Now, on to the gear.

Thunder Armor

Thunder Helm
Thundurem Helm New bigger.png
Thundurem Helm New.png

Crafting: 12 Thundurem Bars
Defense: 7
Tooltip: Increases melee speed by 30%

Thunder Plate Mail
Thundurem breastplate New bigger.png
Thundurem breastplate New.png

Crafting: 24 Thundurem Bars, 1 ruby
Defense: 17
Tooltip: Increases grapple speed by 10% (increases speed at which the hook moves and how fast it drags the player).

Thunder Leggings
Thundurem greaves New bigger.png
Thundurem greaves New.png

Crafting: 18 Thundurem Bars
Defense: 13
Tooltip: Allows wall-jumping. (wall jumping works sorta like the climbing claws/spiked shoes. But you can jump much further with these. Think Super Meat Boy wall jumps.)

Full set
Thunder Armor New bigger.png
Thunder Armor New.png

Set Bonus: 50% movement speed, 100% Jump height.

Valkyrie Blade
Valkyrie Blade New bigger.png
Valkyrie Blade New.png

Crafting: 12 Thundurem Bars, 1 ruby
Damage: 45
Use Time: 10 (very fast)
Knockback: 3 (weak knockback)
Tooltip: Right click performs a dash, damaging all enemies it hits while dealing minimal damage to the player.

Volt Cutter
Volt Cutter new bigger.png
Volt Cutter new.png

Crafting: 12 Thundurem Bars, 2 rubies
Damage: 50
Use Time: 21 (fast)
Knockback: 4 (average knockback)
Pickaxe power: 150%
Tooltip: Mines extremely fast. (almost as fast as the digging claws)

Mjollnir
Mjolnir New bigger.png
Mjolnir New.png

Damage: 55
Use Time: 25 (fast)
Knockback: 8 (extreme knockback)
Hammer Power: 170%
Tooltip: An extraordinarily powerful hammer, rivaled only by The Axe.

Vajra
Vajra bigger.png
Vajra.png

Damage: 55
Use Time: 25 (fast)
Knockback: 4 (average knockback)
Axe power: 150%
Tooltip: Legendary axe wielded by Indra, god of Thunderstorms.

Blitz Spear
Blitz Spear New bigger.png
Blitz Spear New.png

Crafting: 14 Thundurem Bars, 1 ruby
Damage: 43
Use Time: 10 (very fast)
Knockback: 4 (strong knockback)
Tooltip: Auto re-use enabled.

Mach Hook
Mach Hook New bigger.png
Mach Hook New.png

Crafting: Any gem hook, 7 Thundurem Bars, 1 ruby
Tile Reach: 30
Velocity: 19.5 (faster than the Bat Hook)

Thunder Tabi
Thunder Tabi new bigger.png
Thunder Tabi new.png

Crafting: Frostspark boots, Tabi, 15 Thundurem bars.
Slightly faster run speed than frostspark boots and double the dash length of the tabi.

Thunder Rifle
Thunder Rifle New bigger.png
Thunder Rifle New.png

Crafting: 10 Thundurem bars, 1 ruby, 1 illegal gun parts.
Usetime: 7 (minishark speed)
Damage: 27
Turns any bullet into lightning charges. These projectiles look like high velocity bullets and move as fast as high velocity bullets. When they strike an enemy, lightning bolts spread from that enemy shocking up to 3 other enemies within a 15 block radius.

So, what do you think?

Last edited:
Wow, always wanted an amazing armour that increases movement capabilities! Though, I agree to the size issue that mastermage pointed out. Some small worlds might get 3~ veins:rolleyes:

Wow, always wanted an amazing armour that increases movement capabilities! Though, I agree to the size issue that mastermage pointed out. Some small worlds might get 3~ veins:rolleyes:
As I said before, all you gotta do is find at least one piece, and then you can start a farm. But now that I think about it, mining Cholophyte is a huge pain...I'll change how fast it grows.

Edit: Fixed.

Any chance you mean the Lightning Boots? And if so, any chance it could be the frostspark boots instead?

Edit: Other than that I love the idea, and it isn't much of an issue.

I do in fact mean the lightning boots, thanks for catching that. Also, why change it to Frostspark?
Just because it would make it another step in the boots, instead of a crossroads. Though, choices certainly aren't bad. Like I said, it isn't much of an issue at all, just wanted to see if you would consider it.

Heck yeah, perfect exploration armor. I would totally use the thunder Tabi over frostspark boots.

Small suggestion- make the ore spawn in the sky far away from other blocks, so you have to search for it like floating islands. Tiny, ever-expanding floating island.

Heck yeah, perfect exploration armor. I would totally use the thunder Tabi over frostspark boots.

Small suggestion- make the ore spawn in the sky far away from other blocks, so you have to search for it like floating islands. Tiny, ever-expanding floating island.
That's an interesting idea, but there isn't really a good method of traversing the sky at the moment, so it would be really difficult to find.

That's an interesting idea, but there isn't really a good method of traversing the sky at the moment, so it would be really difficult to find.
Step 1: Obtain wings
Step 2: Make skybridge
Step 3: Fly
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit!

But really though, wings should be enough to find a chunk of ore in the sky. It's your suggestion though. :p

That's the reason I suggested changing it to an upgrade to the frostspark. Frostspark are extremely situational, they are pretty much only better on ice compared to Lightning Boots. With this, most people would simply choose to make these instead.

Back
Top Bottom