Items Starfruits : A New Jungle Fruit [Sprites]

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
With the addition of lifefruit to jungles in 1.2, I have a proposal for a similar counterpart; the Starfruit!​

The starfruit would be similar to the lifefruit in many ways. The starfruit spawns in the Underground Mushroom Biome after all 3 mechanical bosses have been defeated (The same time that plantera bulbs begin to spawn). Starfruits would be 25% more common than life fruits.

When right clicked, they will change a regular mana star from blue to purple. Purple mana stars would have a value of 25 mana instead of 20.​

The maximum number of starfruits that can be consumed is 10, as otherwise many complications would occur dealing with the maximum 10 mana crystals that can be consumed. If you have any suggestions on how to improve this thread, post them in the section below.

When a Starfruit is broken, it will release 5-15 Mana Wasps, which are this color. They would look like regular wasps, but would be slightly larger and have a purple glow around them. They would do 25-30 damage, but have only 35 HP. (In addition, the wasp gun will be purple and shoot Mana Wasps instead of regular ones, and life fruits would spawn wasps when broken).

index.php

Placed Starfruit
index.php

Mini Starfruit
index.php
(and the sprite improved by @Sergo)
Improved Mushrooms.png

Placed Starfruits

Last edited:
So basically this will increase your mana. Things aren't exactly balanced for a much bigger mana pool.
Not saying things are perfectly balanced now (they're obviously not), but implementing your idea would surely upset the balance in the force. :)

I'm missing a poll option.

Kinda interesting, but mages are already powerful as is. Much as it pisses me off not having it, I have a feeling I'd be just as pissed if I had way more mana.

I think they should be Mushroom, actually. That'd be interesting. Jungle's already overloaded.

Perhaps if they reduced mana consumption rate by some, they might be interesting?

Seems more fitting in underground mushroom biomes tbh... since you can just spray down the jungle with Blue Solution...

Other than that,
You have my
ToNAzNl.png

EDIT: Now that I noticed, the Graystripe said that they should be a Mushroom, didn't even read it. I totally agree with that too

Seems more fitting in underground mushroom biomes tbh... since you can just spray down the jungle with Blue Solution...

Other than that,
You have my
ToNAzNl.png

Thanks! But what do you mean it seems more fitting in the underground mushroom biomes? It is?
Kinda interesting, but mages are already powerful as is. Much as it pisses me off not having it, I have a feeling I'd be just as pissed if I had way more mana.

I think they should be Mushroom, actually. That'd be interesting. Jungle's already overloaded.

Perhaps if they reduced mana consumption rate by some, they might be interesting?

Nope. ;P
They're staying the way they are. Not much I can change to comply with you.

It's a pretty interesting idea. As a person who mostly play mage, this would be rather useful to have. Don't know if I like the idea of them being 35% rarer (that's a word now, don't question it), since unless you make a giant underground mushroom biome out of your jungle/parts of your jungle, it would be close to impossible to encounter them, as Life Fruits are quite rare by themselves.

It's a pretty interesting idea. As a person who mostly play mage, this would be rather useful to have. Don't know if I like the idea of them being 35% rarer (that's a word now, don't question it), since unless you make a giant underground mushroom biome out of your jungle/parts of your jungle, it would be close to impossible to encounter them, as Life Fruits are quite rare by themselves.

I see your point. I'll make them 25% more common. :D

Back
Top Bottom