• Absolutely!

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Nope.(explain why)

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Clothier_Voodoo_Doll.png

So, this guy. All it does is lets you kill the clothier to summon skeletron. But how about we give it one more use?

When thrown into tar, a dungeon guardian will be summoned at the point where the doll was thrown.

If you do not support my tar suggestion, I guess it can be lava instead.

Sounds cool, but maybe a bit farther, because if they're right next to the tar/lava, BAM, instakill.
I agree, it should spawn a little bit away from the screen.

And, just to let you know what you're getting into, on the off chance somebody ends up doing this on accident, the Dungeon Guardian should also appear on the map I say.

Sounds cool, but maybe a bit farther, because if they're right next to the tar/lava, BAM, instakill.

And, just to let you know what you're getting into, on the off chance somebody ends up doing this on accident, the Dungeon Guardian should also appear on the map I say.
How about it spawns like duke fishron does, where he slowly appears from the spot and then attacks.

He already appears on the map.

I don't like this. For one, your going to have to change it's rarity to white so it can actually go into lava, second why? He drops one vanity item, and is not really meant to be killed. He's supposed to be a way to keep people out of the Dungeon, with the key being a reward for those who actually beat him. He shouldn't be a boss to be summoned.
Also multiplayer but who cares.

I don't like this. For one, your going to have to change it's rarity to white so it can actually go into lava, second why? He drops one vanity item, and is not really meant to be killed. He's supposed to be a way to keep people out of the Dungeon, with the key being a reward for those who actually beat him. He shouldn't be a boss to be summoned.
Also multiplayer but who cares.
Its more or less a secret to allow people to defeat the guy without creating a new world. And what about multiplayer. Also, who said anything about it having to be able to go into lava?

Its more or less a secret to allow people to defeat the guy without creating a new world. And what about multiplayer.
If you change it to white rarity, which you have to in order to let it burn up, people will mistake it as the same as the Guidr Voodoo Doll, and get murdered.
There is no harm in making a new world for the 10 percent of people who actually wanna kill the Guardian.

If you change it to white rarity, which you have to in order to let it burn up, people will mistake it as the same as the Guidr Voodoo Doll, and get murdered.
There is no harm in making a new world for the 10 percent of people who actually wanna kill the Guardian.

....What?

Anyways the rarity doesn't need to be changed, if it mattered in the first place. Tar doesnt burn stuff up. It just absorbs it. And theres also no harm in making it possible to kill the guardian in one world.

Well if you think about it, unless you cheese it, you're gonna need endgame stuff to fight it, so a way of spawning him post-skeletron would be nice.

Or....
Killing the Clothier when it's day summon DG instead of Skeletron. It will spawns off-screen after a message appeared?

No thanks. I think that the Dungeon Guardians should not be made summonable or anything similar since they are just a way of stopping the player. They do drop the Bone Key, but that's only for people crazy enough (or those who know how to exploit HOIKing) to actually fight a Dungeon Guardian. Making a way to summon them will turn them into another enemy, albeit an incredibly powerful enemy. In doing so, it defeats their entire purpose, as they are just meant to stop you.

I was hoping "Summonable Dungeon Guardian" meant a Dungeon Guardian summon (not the pet). Grand dreams of this thing pwning Moon Lord and Moon events for me were crushed... oh well. :(

I think it should be restricted to the Dungeon -- you have to use it or dispose of it somehow while in the underground Dungeon. Maybe throwing it into lava? (Or tar, as your suggestions says.) That's not something the Dungeon naturally generates with, so it requires player intervention. But that'll destroy* the item, and it's not really a common drop to begin with. I'm sure many people were killed many times before successfully defeating the Guardian the first time.

Then again, it is a special enemy you can 'lose' in a world once you advance far enough. But it's not the only enemy in this position - for example, Wall Creepers are lost when you advance to hardmode (fully replaced by Black Recluses).

* You'd also have to make its rarity White, or it'd be immune to lava.

I was hoping "Summonable Dungeon Guardian" meant a Dungeon Guardian summon (not the pet). Grand dreams of this thing pwning Moon Lord and Moon events for me were crushed... oh well. :(

I think it should be restricted to the Dungeon -- you have to use it or dispose of it somehow while in the underground Dungeon. Maybe throwing it into lava? (Or tar, as your suggestions says.) That's not something the Dungeon naturally generates with, so it requires player intervention. But that'll destroy* the item, and it's not really a common drop to begin with. I'm sure many people were killed many times before successfully defeating the Guardian the first time.

Then again, it is a special enemy you can 'lose' in a world once you advance far enough. But it's not the only enemy in this position - for example, Wall Creepers are lost when you advance to hardmode (fully replaced by Black Recluses).

* You'd also have to make its rarity White, or it'd be immune to lava.

Tar functions differently from lava I'd say and can still destroy the voodoo doll.

Anyways about the wall creepers; the only thing you'll lose when you enter hardmode is the banner. The thing with dungeon guardians that you lose a pet, which is kinda more important than a banner. And making a new world for a dungeon guardian is kinda undesirable in my opinion.

I think it should be restricted to the Dungeon -- you have to use it or dispose of it somehow while in the underground Dungeon.
How about this and it despawns if you leave the dungeon. It would make a new challenge where people who have already killed it will have to try do it in a limited space

Back
Top Bottom