Weapons & Equip Summoner Suggestions

DialgaTheTimeLord

Steampunker
If any one wants to add other ideas for summoner improvements (to what's already included), feel free.

Anyway, I think for the armor's Guardian, the description should say to hold down to unposition him as well. Also, let him actually attack things when he's not stationed. He also seems incredibly weak and slow in practice.
Also, perhaps as part of the set bonus, add an extra accessory slot. Seriously, I don't think any class suffers from lack of extra accessory slots as much as summoners. A summoner practically NEEDS Frostspark Boots and wings more than any character already does due to their low defenses, plus the Ankh Shield for KB and status resist is useful to have, and the summoner accessories just seem so lackluster compared to some of the incredible items other classes get. Every time I make a summoner accessory set, I always feel like I'm missing something. Perhaps at least make some kind of Avenger Emblem crafted item for them, or the ability to combine the Pygmy Necklace and the Papyrus Scarab.
Finally, buff the Stardust wings. I haven't used them myself, but I heard they are easily the worst wings of the final four, having nothing special like the Void Boosters do to make up for their mediocre flight height.

EDIT: Some minor things I forgot to mention: a Minion counter of some sort and specific minion slot increase amounts for each armor piece, and +1 minion slot for Spooky Armor please.

EDIT 2: An accessory that make sentries mobile, as a Summoner's job is to avoid combat, and relying on sentries makes it hard to do that because they can't follow you. Even if it reduces their damage, it'd still help.

Last edited:
you know the demon heart exists for a 6th accessory slot, also the reasons the spooky armour doesn't have another minion slot is because it has more damage, if you want another minion use tiki.

you know the demon heart exists for a 6th accessory slot, also the reasons the spooky armour doesn't have another minion slot is because it has more damage, if you want another minion use tiki.
The Spooky Armor is harder to get, as you need to fight in a special event. It should be a direct upgrade rather than a pseudo-upgrade. Plus, Demon Hearts only work in Expert. Otherwise, Demon Heart slotted accessories are grayed out and inactive.

The Spooky Armor is harder to get, as you need to fight in a special event. It should be a direct upgrade rather than a pseudo-upgrade. Plus, Demon Hearts only work in Expert. Otherwise, Demon Heart slotted accessories are grayed out and inactive.
oh, didn't know that, okay but I think the dps of the spooky armour is higher and tiki may be more crowd control type thing

One more thing, the Spooky/Tiki armors are currently no match for endgame enemies and bosses. It'd be great if they could get something that uses a Chlorophyte base like the Turtle/Beetle/Spectre/Shroomite sets. Perhaps use Chlorophyte + Spooky Wood or a new drop from the Frost Moon.

Here's a few suggestions for Summoner accessories and items.

Necklace of Skulls (Pygmy Necklace + Avenger Emblem)

Increases number of minions by 1
15% minion damage

Scarab Necklace (Necklace of Skulls + Papyrus Scarab)

Increases number of minions by 2
15% minion damage and knockback

Juju Stick (sold by Witch Doctor)
10 minion damage

Fires a projectile that inflicts the Target debuff on an enemy. Summoned minions will focus fire on the targeted enemy. Only one enemy can be under this debuff at a time; it will wear off if another enemy is targeted.

Here's a few suggestions for Summoner accessories and items.

Necklace of Skulls (Pygmy Necklace + Avenger Emblem)

Increases number of minions by 1
15% minion damage

Scarab Necklace (Necklace of Skulls + Papyrus Scarab)

Increases number of minions by 2
15% minion damage and knockback

Juju Stick (sold by Witch Doctor)
10 minion damage

Fires a projectile that inflicts the Target debuff on an enemy. Summoned minions will focus fire on the targeted enemy. Only one enemy can be under this debuff at a time; it will wear off if another enemy is targeted.

So... you combine the Avenger's Emblem, which gives 10% damage, with the Pygmy Necklace, which gives no damage, and end up with 15%.
Then you combine in the Papyrus Scarab, which gives 15% damage, and end up with still having 15%?

And honestly these tinkers mostly just take away more slots from us. People will use the Scarab Necklace in addition to the others.

I like the Juju Stick though :p

Edit: Though, I'd make it so hitting the same enemy with it again cancels out the debuff as well. So you can switch them off of focusing if you need crowd control.

Back
Top Bottom