Blocks & Decoration Sunflower Furniture

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
Never thought I'd do a block suggestion, but here goes!

So... Sunflowers. We have Cactus, Pumpkin and Mushroom furniture, so why not Sunflower furniture?

First off, sunflowers should be able to be placed as yellow petal-esque blocks instead of their original form. Now, I'm aware that sunflowers have a use, stopping Corruption, but any old block can do that, and in Hardmode, sunflowers are uprooted anyway. As a way of preserving the original use, though, the Dryad will sell Sunflower Seeds instead of regular Sunflowers, which can be placed to grow Sunflowers. These will not take time to grow, so they will be placed immediately (but still drop the Sunflower item). Credit to @Sigma90 for the idea!

Second off, furniture. It should have all the same old stuff as other sets, just because. The furniture should mostly be green and yellow, and sometimes brown. Finally, sunflower walls would look like the seeds in the middle of the sunflowers, so that you can make a Sunflower house that looks like a sunflower inside too. Oh, and Stem Blocks. Crafted with 1 Sunflower and 1 Sunflower Seed, these blocks look like a Sunflower stem so that you can make stems.

Finally, if we're making Sunflowers like a type of wood, let's make Sunflower armor. Since most worlds don't spawn enough Sunflowers to make a full set, you'll have to buy the Seeds from the Dryad, plant them and harvest them. Because of this, Sunflower armor will have the same defense as Pumpkin armor as you can get it at the same time. It will also have a set bonus of 10% increased movement speed, to catch up with Pumpkin armor.

What do you think? (Oh, and if you can make sprites, that'd be handy)

Last edited:
I'm always up for more furniture sets, and this will give sunflowers an additional use. Here are some furniture design suggestions:
  • Clock: Face of the clock is the flower itself, base is the stem
  • Candelier: Each candle / light is a small flower. Each flower's stem meets at the one point to complete the structure
  • Table, Workbench, Bed: Yellow petals make up the tablecloth / sheet and the remainder of it is green
  • Lantern, Lamp: Similar to Chandelier
  • Bathtub: The showerhead can be a little sunflower pointing downward
  • Piano: Each key is a petal
I know that's not all of the available furniture items, but my imagination isn't working today. I might edit later if more comes to me.

Not sure about sunflowers growing automatically though. The Dryad sells sunflower (and pumpkin) seeds, so a mechanism that makes use of the seeds might be better. Or, like pumpkins in Halloween, restrict the times a sunflower can grow automatically.

I'm always up for more furniture sets, and this will give sunflowers an additional use. Here are some furniture design suggestions:
  • Clock: Face of the clock is the flower itself, base is the stem
  • Candelier: Each candle / light is a small flower. Each flower's stem meets at the one point to complete the structure
  • Table, Workbench, Bed: Yellow petals make up the tablecloth / sheet and the remainder of it is green
  • Lantern, Lamp: Similar to Chandelier
  • Bathtub: The showerhead can be a little sunflower pointing downward
  • Piano: Each key is a petal
I know that's not all of the available furniture items, but my imagination isn't working today. I might edit later if more comes to me.

Not sure about sunflowers growing automatically though. The Dryad sells sunflower (and pumpkin) seeds, so a mechanism that makes use of the seeds might be better. Or, like pumpkins in Halloween, restrict the times a sunflower can grow automatically.
Those sound awesome!

A bit of an update:
  • The Dryad now sells Sunflower Seeds instead of regular Sunflowers, which place the flower itself.
  • Sunflower armor has been introduced, with the same strength as Pumpkin armor. It also has a 10% movement speed increase.

Those sound awesome!

A bit of an update:
  • The Dryad now sells Sunflower Seeds instead of regular Sunflowers, which place the flower itself.
  • Sunflower armor has been introduced, with the same strength as Pumpkin armor. It also has a 10% movement speed increase.

Oops. I thought the Dryad sold sunflower seeds... guess I was wrong. :) Your interpretation of it though provides a good balance - plant seeds, get flowers. Works for both scenarios! Glad you liked the suggested designs!

Back
Top Bottom