tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I removed the Incomplete Elemental Shield (it's actual name) and the C0mplete Elemental Shield, and no more errors.
Hmm, I can't really remove this projectile without ruining my mod. so does anyone have any idea what might be causing the problem?

figured out what was wrong.

Last edited:
How would I go about adjusting the speed of my mob say for a largebody mob to make it slower or to make a mob faster.I aapologize if this has been answered already.

hey guys... so i made a magic weapon like the demon scythe and it works great but.... when it dies/collides with a tile, i want it to destroy into dust like the demon scythe... how do i do this?? also sometimes the fireball projectile i made goes through tiles when it goes really fast

hey guys... so i made a magic weapon like the demon scythe and it works great but.... when it dies/collides with a tile, i want it to destroy into dust like the demon scythe... how do i do this?? also sometimes the fireball projectile i made goes through tiles when it goes really fast
To make it explode into dust, you need to override the Kill() method then create a bunch of dust there, either by using Dust.NewDust for vanilla dust or by using the custom dust tutorial I made somewhere.
For your fast projectile, what exactly is its speed? If its higher than 16, you'll have to make it lower then give its json file a maxUpdates field. For example, if your speed is 30, then try giving it a speed of 15 and a maxUpdates of 2, since 15 < 16 and 15 * 2 = 30.

So umm... Yeah. I somehow never thought that renaming tAPI.exe to Terraria.exe WILL cause problems with the server and builder.
At the moment I'm at work, so I can't do much about it, but I think the best solution here will be to split tAPI.exe into tAPI.exe (just a runner / client) and tAPI Core.dll (all the stuff required by all 3 EXEs). No estimate on that though.

For now: if you don't want to use Game Launcher, just duplicate tAPI's Terraria.exe and name it tAPI.exe.

I found a crash bug and I think I can reproduce it.

3zD2IqO.png

I stand some distance away from a minecart track with the inventory open and a statue in hand, and right click to get on. Then tAPI exits out of the world and displays this:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.Minecart.GetOnTrack(System.Int32 tileX, System.Int32 tileY, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2& Position, System.Int32 Width, System.Int32 Height)
at Terraria.Player.GrappleMovement()
at Terraria.Player.UpdatePlayer(System.Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

This was in version 14a (or maybe 14? I don't remember) but I can get it to happen in version 15. It crashes less gracefully this time around:

VXZmy4S.png

I tried it with multiple kinds of statues including the tree, the sword, and the corrupt statue. I couldn't get this to happen with torches or coins in version 14, I just get on the track and drop the item. It also didn't happen when I stood too close while holding the statue, but it sometimes made the framerate lag.

Edit: After further testing I think it has nothing to do with holding an item, it just crashes if you try to get on the right end of a minecart track with the metal bumper. I didn't get crashes with the left end of a track or with different bumpers on the right end.

My OS is 64-bit windows 8.1.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, on that note, it seems that the crash reports don't work for r15. When I accidentally let an index out of bounds exception occur, no logs were saved, and the same crash prompt as in the post above popped up.

Hello everyone I'm new to tAPI but have started making sprites and am looking if anyone want's to team up and make some sprites together. I dose not matter if you are good, OK or bad at making sprites I'm happy to work with you. So far I can only make weapons I don't know how to do .cs files but i am trying to learn. I really want to put a mod up for everyone but because it's just me it is going to take a long time.

So, hello, I've come to ask if a uncertain bug with tApi modded multiplayer that caused it to drop the FPS down to 1 while Frame-skip was on and only work properly with Frame-skip off, although since i don't run the game on 60 FPS, i get a slow-mo gameplay.
<This does only happen in multiplayer, when hosting or joining, and seems to happen on multi-core computers (A friend of mine with the same GFX-card and a i3 does not have this issue) and i had it occur on 2 different machines now.>
That's all i wanna know, if it wasn't fixed yet, i think this post should be explanatory enough... Unless the bug reporting is somewhere else, in which case someone will surely point me there.

Hello everyone I'm new to tAPI but have started making sprites and am looking if anyone want's to team up and make some sprites together. I dose not matter if you are good, OK or bad at making sprites I'm happy to work with you. So far I can only make weapons I don't know how to do .cs files but i am trying to learn. I really want to put a mod up for everyone but because it's just me it is going to take a long time.
What is your mod going 2 be about? I can make armor,ore generation,weapons, accesories and a bunch of other stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom