1. We have hub threads for known bugs/issues and statuses of fixes for Mobile, 3DS, and Console platforms:
    Click here for Mobile
    Click here for 3DS
    Click here for PS3/PS4/PS Vita/XBox 360/XBox One
  2. IMPORTANT NEWS for Amazon users, especially if you use cloud saves. Read more here.

Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Logo Color.png

Hello there Terrarians!

We hope that you have enjoyed your first month with Terraria 1.3. The team has been hard at work - with your help - finding and smashing bugs, and we hope that we will be able to get to any that remain over the coming weeks so that everyone has the awesome gaming experience we intended. We are releasing Terraria 1.3.0.7 today - which adds support for our Mac/Linux Beta. That said, you will still need to download new Dedicated Server Software by clicking the link below.

In parallel, as many of you know, a portion of the team - headed by @Skiphs - has been pursuing the development of Terraria for Mac & Linux. Our initial plan was to have this out during the month of July. However, as we have delved deeper into these ports - coupled with seeing how helpful the community can with finding issues/bugs - we have decided that we will conduct our first ever Open Beta around the Mac and Linux versions of Terraria!

Do note that this will not likely become our new "way" of primary testing. We figured this made a lot of sense given that there is no new content to hide (1.3 is already out), and there are simply more Mac and Linux players in our community than we could try to pull together ourselves. So, we call on you - our amazing fans - to help us finish these out!

What do you say? Are you up to the task? If you think so, read on....

IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE REMEMBER THAT BETA TESTING CAN AFFECT YOUR PLAYER AND WORLD FILES. Please manually back up all worlds and characters before participating in the Beta. While there are no known issues that would cause the loss of data, it's important to be prepared.

[​IMG]

Terraria Mac & Linux Open Beta Instructions

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 1.51.44 PM small.png

Open Steam and find Terraria on your game list.

[​IMG]

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 1.52.08 PM small.png

Right click "Terraria" and select "Properties"

[​IMG]

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 1.52.36 PM small.png

In the betas tab of the properties window, there will be a dropdown with the option for the Mac And Linux Open Beta. Select this and close the window.

[​IMG]

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 1.53.00 PM small.png

Click install, either by right clicking, or clicking the large install button on the main panel.

[​IMG]

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 1.53.15 PM small.png

Let Terraria install.

[​IMG]

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 1.55.51 PM small.png

Once finish, simply click "Play"

[​IMG]

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 1.56.41 PM small.png

Enjoy :)

[​IMG]

Terraria Mac & Linux Open Beta - How to Give Feedback

We will be utilizing TCF's Social Group feature to help everyone provide structured feedback. If you are participating in the Open Beta, please make sure that you join the Social Group linked below. Instructions on what is expected are located there. Please take this seriously - the Group is for feedback and testing, it is not a social outlet.

Click the Terraria 1.3 Banner Below to link directly to the Open Beta Social Group!

That said, we hope everyone has fun helping us bring Terraria for Mac & Linux to the finish line!

1.3 Banner.png

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  2. Skiphs

Skiphs Developer Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Hope you all don't find too many issues!

Edit:

Also, Steam may take a moment to list these changes. So be patient!

3. MarioKart7z

MarioKart7z The Destroyer

....first!!! :O
    but are there any other changes? or just mac & linux support

4. ChaoSpiritZ

ChaoSpiritZ Official Terrarian

first? hehe, i don't know anything about this, what ever.

edit: i got ninja'd

5. Unpaid Intern

Unpaid Intern Retinazer

Woop Woop! Go Loki and the team! WOOO!!! GOod work @Skiphs and @Yoraiz0r!

blinloo likes this.
  6. BuIlDaLiBlE

BuIlDaLiBlE Skeletron Prime

^
    |
    Nope, you aren't first!

7. Unit One

Unit One Terrarian

So excited that it's here! :)

blinloo likes this.
  8. SkyCommision

SkyCommision Skeletron Prime

Another fantastic update! :D

9. CaptainGJB

CaptainGJB Terrarian

YES! I'm so excited. Thank you so much Skiphs. I dont even care if there are issues im just gonna play this forever :D

blinloo likes this.
  10. SirMonocle

SirMonocle Terrarian

Wait, what's this? No changes to the Moon Lord or methods for killing him? WHAT IS GOING ON

11. MolochMekkane

MolochMekkane Retinazer

Well isn't that nice.

tmoon3424 likes this.
  12. Mariocraft

Mariocraft Terrarian

Even though I select the beta box, it still says terraria isn't available on my currently platform.

13. Dragonoidlord

Dragonoidlord Terrarian

Yes, YeEeEEEsSS hallelujah its finally here!!!

14. Scironex

Scironex The Destroyer

I'm sorry... It's just... Typos.

Still, I'm very glad to see that our apple and penguin friends can now join in the fun.

DarkWolf658 likes this.
  15. Skiphs

Skiphs Developer Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Just between you and me, there was a tiny fix related to 1.3.0.6's changes. But it was small, and we already technically listed it in the 1.3.0.6 change log.

Other than that, this update was mostly to ensure there wouldn't be any differences between all the versions, internally.

16. Lord chewelews

Lord chewelews Official Terrarian

'bout time the mac scrubs could get their hands on the best game ever, gl to ya'll ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Eli10293, Evilgrapez and Treldent02 like this.
  17. Arkhalis

Arkhalis Quality Director Re-Logic

So excited for this release - happy to see these things out in the wild! So many more people can now enjoy the game~

TheDankOne and jj200275 like this.
  18. Vee

Vee Terrarian

Can my friend on Mac play wih me even though Im PC?

19. Silly Philly

Silly Philly Terrarian

am i able to buy the game on my mac NOW and the beta will work? and then when the full version is released i will obtain the mac version too?

rzasuly and thirteenison like this.
  20. Murphmario

Murphmario Skeletron Prime

Where's the changelog?