Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying it for Mac, Windows, or Linux counts for all three. The issue was simply that I didn't check a box saying owning Terraria meant you owned all versions. It was just a silly mistake.
<quote frosty the snowman in july like a boss> "Messy messy messy!" </endqote>

On Ubuntu 15.04
I click install, it goes through the installation process in no time at all, then when I press play it says "Missing executables" I've ran through this several times deleting it and trying to install but it aint having it

I uninstalled a different app from steam and reinstalled it to see if its a problem with steam and not the game but the game I uninstalled is reinstalling as it's suppose

And what about dedicated server software? When I try to launch the one in the OP I get
Code:
Unhandled Exception:
System.DllNotFoundException: Kernel32
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Terraria.WindowsLaunch:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (Terraria.WindowsLaunch/HandlerRoutine,bool)
  at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: Kernel32
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Terraria.WindowsLaunch:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (Terraria.WindowsLaunch/HandlerRoutine,bool)
  at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
So I guess it's not very multiplatform yet. Where can I get a linux dedicated server?
If you download the Linux version of the game, there will be a TerrariaServer.exe included in that that should work.

I have the same problem as chloe. If I install the game, it installs fine, but when I click play it says "Missing Executable". If I go into the local files there's nothing in the Terraria folder. I'm on a macbook pro.

I have an Error message after intall but when I try and press play I get: "Failed to start game (missing executable)" Seems same problem as Chloe, I'm on Mac.

Same problem as @ChloeWolfieGirl, download immediately finishes and missing executable on Linux.
I went to the game installation directory, there was nothing there..

Game cache validation returns OK.

Wow, what a difference in download speeds. Mac: average around 2.5 MB/sec. Linux: 150 bytes/sec. :dryadconfused: Definitely has nothing to do with the network or the computers, as they're both very good machines, on the same network (in fact, the Mac is on WiFi while the Linux one uses wired gigabit Ethernet), and ordinarily show identical download performance. I began the Linux download within seconds after the Mac one completed.

Think I'll stop the Linux one and see whether trying again does any good. Or maybe the Mac barely got in under the wire before the onslaught struck.

[eta] Halting and resuming the download provided a big speed-up, all the way to copper-pair modem speeds. Then it slowed back down, and now it's bouncing around all over. Oh well, no matter. I'll test on Mac for now.

Last edited:
It's not showing up for me. I don't get any options.
bqFSuVB.png

@Loki I use tShock... tShock just came out for 3.0.6 like RIGHT NOW. Your already updated to 0.7!!! That means we got to wait for tShock... Can you please wait until a big update in big clunks so you don't do them all individual. It's annoying. Ruins server timing.

Thank you =)
@Skiphs

No offense to TShock, but we weren't going to hold on releasing the Mac/Linux beta until we had a bunch of other stuff to add. It was ready, so we sent it out.

I am sorry for the inconvenience though.

Wow, what a difference in download speeds. Mac: average around 25 MB/sec. Linux: 150 bytes/sec. :dryadconfused:

Think I'll stop the Linux one and see whether trying again helps.

There is a known issue with Linux and Steam download speeds. Several of us on the team have this exact same issue, myself included. Unfortunately, the only options I could find are to report the issue to steam and wait for the download to complete.

You can TRY installing dnsmasq if you know how but I don't recommend this for unskilled users.
You can also try changing the download server to something more local in steam settings.

Does anyone know where the config, worlds and character files are located for this mac version? They don't seem to be located in My Games (as is the case when using the windows version with a wrapper).

Same problem as @ChloeWolfieGirl, download immediately finishes and missing executable on Linux.
I went to the game installation directory, there was nothing there..

Game cache validation returns OK.

Hey I found out my issue, I opted in, but because you had to quit steam first to see terraria in linux, I messed arround with that toggle a bit, then reset steam, trying to install it, it installed nothing, going back into preferences the opt-in option showed as opt-out, I switched it back to opt-in and it installed!
Hope thats the same problem with you so you can fix and play! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom