Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just now noticed this thread, thank you so much for making this! I've been closely watching for the Google Play trial fix, so it's good to see a thread where I don't have to trek through every individual post to see its current status :dryadhappy:

I thought you forgot about windows phone bug. How long it will take to fix bugs? Tomorrow will be exactly a month since terraria doesn't work on windows phone

Hopefully today with fixes for Windows Phone
I doubt that bug will fix THIS WEEK! Today especially is not correct. And I doubt, whether I play terraria on windows phone at all. Today is the twenty-ninth day, as terraria doesn't work on windows phone. Developers always promise that the problem will solve soon. But I begin to doubt.

I doubt that bug will fix THIS WEEK! Today especially is not correct. And I doubt, whether I play terraria on windows phone at all. Today is the twenty-ninth day, as terraria doesn't work on windows phone. Developers always promise that the problem will solve soon. But I begin to doubt.
I hope to fix errors before Christmas,
[DOUBLEPOST=1450258242,1450258195][/DOUBLEPOST]I hope to fix errors before Christmas, I enjoyed 1.2.4

Itll be months before the update. Last bugfix took 2 months oct-decband still had lots of obvious bugs when they released it

My status hasn't changed on my mobile version of Terraria, which, maybe others experience too. But, I'll let you all take your time, since you have a lot on your hands. Keep up the good work! ^^

As far as I can tell, the following bugs are not listed:
1) Android: today (several days after update). Immediately following poweroff due to battery, game fails download/install endlessly.
2) For multiplayer, if items are given to host player, host player usually receives items and giving player usually does not lose items. If items are given by host player, host player usually loses items and receiving player usually loses items upon exit and reload.

Bug bug bug....

I don't know whether you forgot..
I need to use magic mirror several times to it to take me home. Using it once won't take me home sometimes..

What about bloomed animation of daybloom...
It was a bug before update came. But it didn't fixed in this update. Hope it'll fixed in upcoming update..

I thank you for giving this game for mobile users. And hope you will support this game in future too.. And I hope mentioned bugs will fixed soon.

Sorry if my English is bad

"Fix for timers and traps"

Yes! Dear god yes.

Fishing - items in inventory will randomly be considered bait with the tooltip "10% bait power." Seems to happen on stackable items only. I had it happen wiht a big stack of cobwebs. Suddenly I had like 400 bait to use.

Sometimes switching from a bug net or fishing pole to another item (weapon, pick, etc) will randomly place a number in the hotbar key next to that item and you will not be able to swing it. Shortly after the game will crash. (Will update with screenshot next time it happens)

Last edited:
I found that when an arch demon is killed, the head has a white box around it.
Also, Chairs have a horizontal purple line through the middle.

BUG : Created several new worlds, defeated all bosses until plantera. However, no plantera bubble spawns inside the jungle biome.

iPhone 6, 128go
ios 8

Guys, try to note that the OP here is intended to be a living document (i.e. one that is continuously updated over time). I'm sure they will come in here in a bit and peruse all that you shared and provide updates.

Think of it as a "one stop shop" to see where "bug X" stands. Have patience, provide info, and let that evolution work.

I suspect that they are trying to get as much of the major stuff into one "wave" as possible (since each submission takes days, if you break it up too much, it ends up dragging out the full fix for a LONG time).

That said, I do REALLY hope that the WP and Android Demo bugs can be addressed ASAP....and then the others can be cleaned up so that Amazon can be resubbed and then everyone has a nice clean game again. :)

When I use the sonar potion to save on my bait by seeing what is biting, my bait still dwindles away. A bait isn't supposed to be used until it is reeled in. But while my bait is sitting in the water, it will dwindle away every time I get a bite. Unless I put all but one in a chest first. Then it will just use that one.
BTW. I see a lot of useless posts in a thread meant for bugs and bug updates. Just saying.

THIS THREAD WILL BE CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED AS FURTHER INFORMATION COMES IN FROM THE COMMUNITY AND/OR THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM, SO KEEP AN EYE ON THIS SPACE!!!

Hi everyone,

Well, it’s been a crazy week since the 1.2.4 update was launched on mobile, to say the least! :) We’ve been thrilled to see what players have been discovering, but that also means there have been a number of new bugs coming up that our teams need to squash. As part of our mission to communicate as clearly and openly with you as possible, we will be using this thread to keep track of and update issues with the mobile versions of Terraria, so that you can see where we stand on each of them.

We’ll also include general updates at the top about some of the biggest issues affecting each individual platform, and where we currently stand. We all believe it’s just as important for you to know about what’s being fixed as it is to know when we still can’t reproduce a problem or don’t have a solution yet.

Things may seem slightly messy at first as we filter all the data and get everything organized and vetted against our own internal systems, but again, this will serve as a great one-stop place for you to see what’s going on with the current version and future updates.

With that being said, let’s jump in, shall we? Hope you brought your Flippers!

Top Platform-Specific Issues:

Apple iOS:

• iOS 8+ cloud save issues -- Here at 505, we’ve been experiencing some inconsistencies around this, where some of our devices will update to the new cloud system fine, and others are not displaying the prompt, which is leading to an “updating” message loop, making cloud saves inaccessible. This doesn’t seem to be device-specific, so we are still working on narrowing this down. We know this is a nasty one, so it is the top-priority item for us.
  • iOS 7 cloud save issues -- Because the new cloud system is only compatible with iOS 8 and above, and iOS 7 devices still received the update, this has caused incompatibility issues resulting in cloud saves not being accessible. Your data should be safe! However, we are currently working on a solution with Re-Logic that will be a good compromise in ensuring you can play with those saves, even if your device doesn’t support iOS 8 and above.
Google Play (Android):
  • Terraria reverting to Trial version -- This is by far the biggest problem we’re seeing, and we are very close to fixing it! The main reason this didn't work is because we upgraded to a new billing system, and that failed to work as expected. We are currently working directly with one of the TCF moderators here on confirming a fix.
Windows Phone:
  • Crashing at launch -- Unfortunately, try as we may, we have yet to reproduce this issue internally. However, we believe to have narrowed down a root cause, and are working directly with Microsoft on a solution. We know that this has been ongoing for several weeks now, but it has been a difficult bug to isolate and address.
Amazon (Android):
  • Hello, where is our update? -- The latest update was delayed to ensure the new bug fixes make their way into the release. We apologize for the delay, but rest assured that it is coming!

Confirmed & Potential Bug Fixes:

Confirmed fixes and potential fixes for the next patch:

• Fix for iOS build name and debug menu in tutorial (1.2.11252)
  • Fix for Traps not doing damage to enemies or critters
  • Fix for Timers not working
  • Fix for Truffle worms not spawning on all platforms
  • Fix for No Spider Armor / Fangs not dropping on all platforms
  • Fix for Slimes not dropping gel and Black Recluse on all platforms
  • Fix for Plantera music playing while the Frost Moon event occurs
  • Localization: Zombie Elf's have their names replaced with Zombie
  • Fix for crash occurring on Player inventory
  • Fix for Travelling Merchant message & spawn
  • Fix for Beetle Armor not giving the "beetle hovering" set bonus that absorbs damage (Beetle sprites were not displaying correctly)
  • Fix for fishing issues (Cavern layer fish in Oceans)
  • Fix for iOS scaling issues on large retina screens
  • Fix for Updated support information
  • Fix for Don't place Demon Altars outside of Crimson biome
  • Fix for No long dig tunnels through Ebonstone and Crimstone
  • Fix for Corruption biome being destroyed by world gen in some cases
  • Fix for dungeon being destroyed by world gen in some cases
  • Potential Fix for Android Try & Buy issue
  • Potential Fix for Amazon certification issues
  • Potential Fix for Windows Phone issue
By Design / Unable to Reproduce:
  • Switches and Levers not working consistently: We need to look at this more closely, but they are working as expected in code.
  • You cannot open a chest when you have a pick in your hand: The game logic tries to mine the chest instead of opening it. Works as designed.
  • Shroomite gloves do not like opening chest: Same as Pickaxe issue above.
  • Builder Potions can be found in chests: This is in the original game code, and is by design.
  • Picksaw doesn't work: Confirmed by QA as working correctly.
  • Asphalt doesn't work: Confirmed by QA as working correctly.
  • Ocram Trophies are converting to Ice Queen Trophies: QA was unable to reproduce this.
  • Looms seem to duplicate rather than disappearing: QA was unable to reproduce this.
  • Angler doesn't give any fish quest: QA was unable to reproduce this.
  • Flame Dyes still don't work: By design, as these complex dyes are not supported on mobile.

Issues Reported to QA & Development (Status Pending Further Investigation):

Reported to QA/Dev on December 13, 2015:

• “Failed fetching download URL" (Android) - Player crashes after notification.
  • Items disappearing when attempting move from inventory to chest (iOS) - Tap and hold to move item from inventory to chest while chest tab is open. Item will disappear when attempting to move it to an empty chest slot.
  • Animal capturing not working properly (iOS) - If host captures animal, animal is still visible on guest devices and able to be killed.
  • Pirate Invasion, Frost Legion, and Goblin Invasion not summoning in world (iOS) - Able to summon the Pirate Invasion and Frost Legion one time in my world, but was able to only once, and the Goblins can't be summoned at all.
  • The top and bottom 20-30 blocks have become inaccessible since the last update (Android) - Stuff is inaccessible at the top of the world and the bottom of the world that was originally fine. Players have chests and items at the bottom of the world.
  • Player can't open any web-covered chests, water chests, shadow chests, sky chests, gold chests, or any if the dungeon biome chests (Android) - Player can only open the wooden ones and the ones they have placed themselves.
  • Game freezes and crashes seemingly at random (Android) - Freezes for about 3 seconds, animation stops, but player can still hear music and fighting/killing/getting hurt sounds, so the game still plays, but they can't see anything because the animation is frozen. After that 3 seconds, instant crash.
Newly collected and reported to QA/Dev on December 14, 2015:
  • The game decided to consume a bee mount as a potion, and it disappeared (Nickxy)
  • Using Builder Potion and placing bars will cause item to duplicate (dark_lord)
  • The Hardmode dungeon mobs besides the teleporting caster skeletons are not attacking the player. They only seem to do contact damage but they don't aim for the player. Also, the paladin doesn't attack the player and he only do contact damage. (Android)
  • Picksaw doesn't work/disappears after being used (Nickxy)
  • Robes do not appear fully on mannequins
  • Torches sometimes don't appear in hand when selected
  • Enchanted swords seem to appear far more frequently

Whew! Did you get all of that? :) Apologies for any typos, duplicates, or other errors, but we wanted to make sure to get this out there for everyone ASAP. Additional updates coming soon, although you may very well receive the next patch before we get this mammoth post updated. That's what we're hoping for anyway. :)

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, and Happy Holidays everyone!
That lever bug, i know what is causing it, when you click a clock it does a double click, same for levers and other clickable things
Edit: also bee armor doesnt show all of its effects in description, only shows the minion damage that it adds it doesnt show that it adds minions, and it doesnt show the set bonus.
Also spider fangs dont drop at all

Last edited:
OK, I think I captured everything that isn't a duplicate so far, although there may very well be some in here. :)

There may also be things in here that are more opinions about design as opposed to actual bugs, but in the interest of capturing everything so that I can send it to the responsible parties, this is what I have so far... the next step will be for me to edit, clean up, forward it to the production/QA team for further investigation/prioritization, and get the OP updated.

As with any iterative process, there may be things on this list that are already addressed and didn't make it into our list at the time of publication, and also please keep in mind that bug fixing cycles take time. :) Thanks for hanging in there, and we'll be in touch with more information soon!

Apologies for formatting... most of this is a cut-and-paste job!

New Issues:
  • The discount card is useless at the moment since it doesnt affect prices. Also for reforging it Increases prices. (Android/iOS)
  • All of the new light furnitures are not emitting the right color of light (boreal wood candelabra emitting yellow light instead of blue, ebonwood lamp not emitting any light at all, etc) iphone
  • Also bottled buterflies might glitch out and go crazy making it load a bunch of distorted graphics in place of original animation.
  • Another bug is that the superbright torches (Traveling merchants sell item) dont produce light when held, and when you break them the item doesnt drop
  • load up my game, and as soon as I load a world I will crash. I did some testing and figured out that I crash because of chests, for some reason my game can't render it or something. I tried the same on an older iPad, and I can open chests, but only with an empty slot
  • NPC heads in minimap are very big.
  • Worm Duplication Glitch ( Using Rainbow Bricks.
  • Mech Bosses do not drop their respectivedrops.
  • Living Loom is not present on living trees.
  • Wiring are not working properly
  • Spears do not work properly
  • Torch Poor Animation
  • Tooltips are in wrong items ( e.g. Naugthy Present : 15% bait power. Use as bait.)
  • Firefly ( Animation Bug - Lights on their butt )
  • Corruption's crazy generation
  • Vanity Accessory Slot ( Q1 Update )
  • Skins produce Iron Pickaxe when removed in the wall.
  • Worms, Grasshoppers are quite slow to spawn.
  • Enemies Spawn Rate ( too low )
  • Must have candle and battle potion inorder to feel the high spawn rate.
  • Sunflowers bloom their light before thenight ( must be in the night )
  • Maps shows wrong color when viewed ( e.g. Honey - color blue on minimal )
  • Travelling Merchant arriving message.
  • Guide do not have recipe guide ( since 1.0 ) ( maybe due to limited memory of mobile devices )
  • Players and NPC/enemies cannot go down to a stair platform, they are all push upward.
  • Spawning of critters and even enemies can be in your front, supposedly to be out ofscreen.
  • Destroyer's laser are too big even thehealing orbs given by the Spectre Armor, supposedly to be in normal size.
  • Auto - aim feature malfunctioning, only detects closer enemies, unable to detect far enemies.
  • Hammer (Joystick Coordination)
  • NPC Glitch (spawning in a solid place)
  • Terrain Genaration (Q1 Update)
  • Rain becomes fast when using touchscreen on point placing.
  • Beetle armor: set bonus reads"minion damage+"
  • spectre armor(mask): set bonus reads "mana usage -"
  • in multiplayer items you took from worlds other than the ones in your device dissappear when you return to your world. Example i play in my phone then i take something from my tab when i return to my world(in phone) the items are not there and any changes ive done to the character while in the tab world was not saved.
  • Hp hearts have lines in the middle
  • Error with bosses in multiplayer when the person who the boss is focused on teleports the boss follows it and des pawns happened to me with queen bee
  • Pre-hardmode crimson does not convert grass or trees to spread. Crimson will only spread on dirt blocks. This is mucking up my farming. s4 running Android 5.0.1
  • Potentially related, you can try to plant crimson seeds on grass and the seeds will be used, but no crimson is planted.s4 running Android 5.0.1
  • Wall removal is limited to the PC waist, similar to the paint issue. Excavating sucks when you have to remove the background for your own walls one tile at a time.s4 running Android 5.0.1
  • Immediately following poweroff due to battery, game fails download/install endlessly. (Android)
  • I need to use magic mirror several times to it to take me home. Using it once won't take me home sometimes..
  • Fishing - items in inventory will randomly be considered bait with the tooltip "10% bait power." Seems to happen on stackable items only. I had it happen wiht a big stack of cobwebs. Suddenly I had like 400 bait to use.
  • Sometimes switching from a bug net or fishing pole to another item (weapon, pick, etc) will randomly place a number in the hotbar key next to that item and you will not be able to swing it. Shortly after the game will crash. (Will update with screenshot next time it happens)
  • I found that when an arch demon is killed, the head has a white box around it.
  • Also, Chairs have a horizontal purple line through the middle (chairs placed before update).
  • Created several new worlds, defeated all bosses until plantera. However, no plantera bubble spawns inside the jungle biome. (iPhone 6, 128gb ios 8)
  • When I use the sonar potion to save on my bait by seeing what is biting, my bait still dwindles away. A bait isn't supposed to be used until it is reeled in. But while my bait is sitting in the water, it will dwindle away every time I get a bite. Unless I put all but one in a chest first. Then it will just use that one.
  • game thinks that the jungle and the hallow are the same thing, when i am in my hallow, jungle music plays and some jungle enemies spawn
Additional information on previously posted fix info:
  • The Asphalt not working bug is only on asphalt that was placed before the new update (at least for me) and fixed(at least for me) by replacing the asphalt. This is not really an issue, but a little annoying since I built a worldwide sky bridge out of asphalt.

Last edited:
None of the bugs I recorded are in that list (except travelling merchant arrival message).

Did you not see the ones I reported or is that list just a few bugs.
Also you didn't have the timer bug in that list :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom