Console Terraria on Ps4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

time346

Terrarian
Fantastic new site guys! Really looking forward to a unified community.
Is there any news available on the Ps4 version of Terraria? I personally haven't heard anything since E3, but would love to hear anything new that's going on. Is it still in the works for release this year? I understand that cross functionality with other Playstation consoles was a point that was mentioned. Does this imply that the pending Ps4 release will be limited to the enhanced version of 1.2.1.2 that the other consoles are sitting at, or will some of the newer content (looking at you fishing quests and beetle armor) be making the release? Any news is good news! Carry on!

I'm just scared the updates will stop on current gen because it's the only platform I can play terraria on.
Yes, I to would like some more news on current gen update plans as well. I love playing Terraria on the PsVita when on the go. Really hoping that unifying the community leads to a bit more transparency as far as future plans are concerned. We don't necessarily need release schedules (although I wouldn't turn them down), but a bit of news as to things being planned or worked on would be nice.

I'm just scared the updates will stop on current gen because it's the only platform I can play terraria on.

"current gen" is ps4 and xbox one... ps3 and xbox 360 are previous gen.

either way, i am also worried... from what i can see, re-logic seems to want console players to get the full experience, but it is entirely up to the ones in charge of the console version whether or not we get the full experience.

so everything rests on 505's shoulders, basically.

"current gen" is ps4 and xbox one... ps3 and xbox 360 are previous gen.

either way, i am also worried... from what i can see, re-logic seems to want console players to get the full experience, but it is entirely up to the ones in charge of the console version whether or not we get the full experience.

so everything rests on 505's shoulders, basically.
Yes, I to would like some more news on current gen update plans as well. I love playing Terraria on the PsVita when on the go. Really hoping that unifying the community leads to a bit more transparency as far as future plans are concerned. We don't necessarily need release schedules (although I wouldn't turn them down), but a bit of news as to things being planned or worked on would be nice.
Ah my bad I meant previous gen

We would also like to take this opportunity to pass along a quick note from 505 Games:
“We were delighted to bring the MASSIVE 1.2 PC update to console audiences earlier this year, as a free content update for PS3, PS VITA and Xbox 360, and in doing so opening up a whole new world of possibilities to Terrarians,” said Richard Gittins, Senior Brand Manager at 505 Games. “The passion expressed by Terraria’s community fuels our ambitions to do justice to the original PC content and continues to drive forward development on next generation console platforms also, with our PS4 and Xbox One releases getting closer every day!”

yes, 505 are showing enthusiasm for terraria... but they only mention the ps4 and xbox one versions in that... not really saying anything about bringing the 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, and 1.3 updates to us.

until they flatout say they will do such a thing... i will hope for the best, but expect the worst.

I think they will support it for a bit longer after the Next-Gen versions come out, but eventually they will stop supporting it.

I feel it should be just known it will be coming out, but the fact it is so quiet on the matter is frustrating and saddening for someone like me who only has the Mobile Version (Dont have my own Laptop, sold PS3) but I will force myself to wait and play Warframe in the mean time.. I go to Playstation Store everyday just to see if its available!

If you look at your trophies on ps3 it tells you what platforms its on and recently i noticed it says ps4 so we can all be sure it will come out for "current gen"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom