Terraria: Otherworld Terraria: Otherworld - An Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good day, Terrarians!

First of all, we wanted to send along a sincere word of thanks for what was an amazing 2015 for Terraria and Re-Logic! From the excitement of 1.3 to fishing and minecarts reaching mobile/console to the launch of Terraria 3DS and more - what a year it was. Thank you!

Looking ahead into 2016, we have a number of projects on which we are working hard. A number of these are still not ready to be shared, others are ongoing (1.3.1, helping 505 get mobile/console fixed up right, Wii U launch, etc), and one for which we owe you an update - Terraria: Otherworld.

As you may recall, we kicked off last year with the announcement of the development of Terraria: Otherworld - a spin-off game in the Terraria franchise that would seek to incorporate strong elements from the RPG and Tower Defense genres into the open-world sandbox of Terraria in order to craft what we termed "a sandbox with a purpose." Throughout 2015, we shared bits of progress in the way of spoilers with an initial goal of launching by the end of the year. If you missed any of that information, check out the spoiler compendium link below:

Hey, that's great and all, but what about the issues 1.3 has been having on mobile? When are we mobile Terrarians going to receive our patch to fix all the 80+ bugs that came with the latest mobile expansion? You and your support division said it was going to be in a few days...only problem is, you said that about a week ago. What happened?

Nice to see grappling is better in Otherworld

As for the Crimson...
88087d32daf41f3fd8ce30595df85b56d0b54e7b.gif

Hey, that's great and all, but what about the issues 1.3 has been having on mobile? When are we mobile Terrarians going to receive our patch to fix all the 80+ bugs that came with the latest mobile expansion? You and your support division said it was going to be in a few days...only problem is, you said that about a week ago. What happened?

@Reverend_Killjoy, an important element you need to consider is that many of the big device producers (Apple, Amazon, etc) go on Christmas break in late December through New Years, so they aren't going to be able to push forward any bug fixes. This has been stated in other threads before, and unfortunately, there is simply nothing that can be done in terms of getting stuff moving until that ends . . . these are other, significantly bigger companies with their own policies. This is further escalated by the fact that several of the mobile platforms are having issues device-side, which means the only way to fix them is with dedicated cooperation with a company staff which is not currently in office.

With that said, this isn't a Mobile thread, and the development of this game has no bearing on any other versions of Terraria, so please leave such discussion for the many dedicated threads on the forums for it. Furthermore, effort being put into this game has no bearing on the fixing of the bugs in Mobile, so this is truly an off-topic post in this thread. Allow TOW a place to itself, it doesn't need to be derailed with discussion for a mobile version of a different game.

Last edited:
Swing Grappling could help a lot when you're starting the game and have little mobility(and it looks fun).
As for the Crimson...
I love Crimson in Terraria because it offers more of a challenge than corruption, but at the same time, it is kind of annoying. I'm excited about fighting Crimother though!

Looking good! I have three questions:

1. Is that how close the camera is going to be by default now? Or was that zoom level used just for this trailer?
2. Is this how all grapples function? Is the "static" grapple style of Terraria not to be found in OW?
3. Will we be given the option to choose between corruption / crimson on world creation? One of my peeves with Terraria is that you don't know what you're getting til you generate the world, and I personally never cared for crimson other than farming Ichor.

Looking good! I have three questions:

1. Is that how close the camera is going to be by default now? Or was that zoom level used just for this trailer?
2. Is this how all grapples function? Is the "static" grapple style of Terraria not to be found in OW?
3. Will we be given the option to choose between corruption / crimson on world creation? One of my peeves with Terraria is that you don't know what you're getting til you generate the world, and I personally never cared for crimson other than farming Ichor.
If i remember right, there will be one or two terraria-style grapples:brain:

I'm not sure. The entire game is visually redesigned from the ground up, the animation mechanics are redone, its rebuilt entirely from scratch . . . that people think its a DLC seems really odd to me.

Especially considering how Re-Logic's overall policy has been to not use DLC for game updates with Terraria.

Why do people keep looking at Otherworld and thinking it's some kind of DLC?

It's probably the landscape of the gamer culture and the overall mentality. If it looks or sounds like a game, someone out there is going to think it's DLC for that game.
Hell, a bunch of people thought the Wii U was a tablet controller for the Wii and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom