Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so this game I have no interest in is what is taking all the time away from the Terraria 1.3 update.
Maybe IT should be put on the back burner until you're done.

They have mentioned before that there are different teams working on these. This game is not effecting the schedule of the 1.3.

And before you say, "But what about just moving the team from Terraria: Otherworld and having them help with 1.3!" The answer is of course: too many cooks in the kitchen.
There is a size and a balance for people developing, and terraria 1.3 already has the right amount and time being put into it and balancing it.

Spare them the unfounded complaints please.

Oh, so this game I have no interest in is what is taking all the time away from the Terraria 1.3 update.

This never happened. The developer team for T:OW is different from the 1.3 team. The original post even said that this had no impact on 1.3.

I understand that was only in the Alpha stage, but I just ask you to keep these two things in mind to avoid this being looked at as being another indie cash-grab. Thank you! (Love you 505 Games!)

I'd say our history of free updates - that people keep reminding us that we could charge for - shows that we are not interested in an "indie cash grab". ;)

Also note that 505 Games is not involved in this project - just so that noone gets confused.

are you guys, like, accepting pre-orders for it or something

Not at the present. It is possible that we would at some point, but this is not decided. Early Access will not be a thing here - as Rudi stated earlier.

are willing to put consumer trust first, by not taking money until they can show that there is something worth paying for. That's as rare in today's market as buying a game and getting all of it for the purchase price, so treasure it.

It's like you sit in our discussions....and understand our approach. :)

I thought the plan was to move on to other genres, and for people to be playing Terraria for years after he finished, not jumping from new game to new game while this board devolves into bickering about which game does cabins better. Terraria's not even finished and he's kicking it to the curb for a new window model.

Who said this wasn't still the plan? ;)

1.3 is still coming - and has had no reduction in resources towards its completion. In fact, the plans for Terraria aren't affected by Otherworld at all...as Cenx noted earlier. :)

We have been building the team over time for things such as this - rest assured that there is a plan and that we think things through before acting. :)

takes place in an alternate world where the world is taken over by the corruption and your goal is to cleanse it.

Corrupted may or may not mean Corruption. ;)

Trying to address concerns as I see them - some quoted posts may be quoted because they are emblematic, not to call out any one poster. :)

Yeah Terraria is my favorite game hands down. Logged more hours into it than any other game. This game will be good, I have faith in Re-Logic!

I will be 100% honest. I am not sure how I feel about this. I will wait for more about the game and some gameplay that is more defined before I say anything though. I will also be curious about the price tag.

Anyway though I am somewhat excited, something I haven't been for a long time. I have to keep myself in check though...

This definitely looks like a very interesting game!
It's certainly unique, and I'm looking forward finding out more about it in the near future.
Thank you Engine and Re-Logic devs for blowing my mind with such an announcement,
I'm certainly looking forward to this game, as much as 1.3!
Keep up the great work as usual.

I'm really excited for this, I'll get behind the hype train on anything Terraria related.

I'm hoping though that the art style tweak a bit and one thing I've always wanted is for worlds to loop (for example the seas on either side connect) Would make it feel more world like to me.

Seriously, the only thing I see in the video that is 'like Starbound' is the trees, and the way they're chopped down. People just need to stop comparing things for a second.

That would require deep thinking on their part, something that requires more than reporting on the first thing one saw and thought of.

I won't lie, some of those graphics (specifically the tiles) look like they're from a bad Terraria texture pack. Things like the spawn-shield-thingy-mabob look glorious, and the player and mob sprites also look delicious, and my god those weather effects are to die for.

But yeah.. the tile graphics.. Kiinnddaaaa ugly. I suppose that might be personal preference, but they also seem to stand out compared to the other sprites, in a bad way. I hope they're place holder.

d73d79657704baabd8c5afe2cd1ff378.png

Other than that, yeah, I can dig this.

Honestly I'm excited to see what else this game has in store, it looks amazing! My favorite moment TBH had to be that wing animation, that looked awesome!

May i suggest they make this an open beta? I have taken part of several open beta games and they often come out with tons less glitches than closed beta games and the developers usually are able to focus on the game more and looking for glitches less.

I think I'd like it more if its graphics were similar to those of Terraria. Spriters will have to learn a whole damn new art style.

But hell! That's just graphics.

Will T:OW have a home here on the forums (maybe with its own board)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom