tModLoader Terrarian Armory

Walto

Terrarian
TArmoryBanner.png

Hey Terraria modding community! I'd like to start off by introducing myself. My name is Brodie, and I've played Terraria since 2011. I've been playing modded Terraria for a few months now and I have 400+ hours in Terraria as a whole. This mod project started when I decided to learn how to sprite my own weapons, since I was a part of the Spirit Mod Discord and I knew a lot of great spriters in there. As it turned out, someone, namely @VoxelFox , was willing to help me learn how to make my own sprites. After a little pain and humiliation from my god-awful attempts at spriting a Yoyo for one of my friend's mod, I finally pumped out my first sprite; the Spectre Scythe. From there, Voxel told me he wanted to learn how to code and started taking lessons from some of the people in the Spirit Mod Discord, and began his beginnings as a coder. While he was coding and I was spriting, I had made a sprite for a glaive which I thought looked pretty cool, and we both decided it would be both a fun hobby and a learning experience to attempt to make our own mod, so here we are today. This will likely start out as a small mod, with a few melee weapons thrown in throughout the game, but we've got development planned for a lot more content and we hope that you'll enjoy it as much as we enjoy making it. Have fun!

Changelog
v1.1.0
New weapons, bug fixes, and much more! Check down in the content spoiler for the new additions!
- Added Thanatos Scythe
We DIDN'T forget this time, no projectile yet, will implement in a small patch.

- Plantera Drops Now Craftable

- Obsidian Scythe shoots a projectile

- Added Pygmatic Warhammer

- Added Plantera's Petal

- Tailron drops from Fishron
* No longer crafted from Flairon

- Nights Spike buffed drastically and renamed to Dusk Spike
- Added Golem's Spine
Shoots a heat laser (It's pretty neat!)

- Added Spectre Warhammer

- Added Skyblade

v1.0.1 Soul Pike is now temporarily made from Demonite

v1.0.0: First version released! Find it in the download section below or in the mod browser!

So far the following weapons should be ready and in the mod for your enjoyment:

WoodenGlaive.png
Wooden Glaive: Honestly who uses swords this early in the game? They're way too weak and have no range! The Wooden Glaive still kinda sucks, but at least you can do it at a somewhat-half-decent-not-really-that-good-but-better-than-a-sword range!

Skyblade.png
Skyblade: Thanks Atennu from the Spirit Mod dev team for this contribution. This sword can be found on floating islands inside the chests in those cool little houses. finally, a reason to actually search for those things!

AmethystGlaive.png
Topaz_Glaive.png
Amethyst and Topaz Glaives: The weakest of the gem glaives. Amethyst is crafted with 12 Amethyst, 8 Copper Bars, and 20 Wood. Topaz is crafted with 12 Topaz, 8 Tin Bars, and 20 Wood. Crafts into their color of phaseglaives (Future update spoiler !!).

SapphireGlaive.png
EmeraldGlaive.png
Sapphire and Emerald Glaives: The 2nd tier of gem glaives. Sapphire is crafted with 14 Sapphire, 10 Iron Bars, and 20 Wood. Emerald is crafted with 14 Emerald, 10 Lead Bars, and 20 Wood. Crafts into their color of phaseglaives (Future update spoiler !!).

Ruby_Glaive.png
Amber_Glaive.png
Ruby and Amber Glaives: The 3rd tier of gem glaives. Ruby is crafted with 16 Ruby, 12 Silver Bars, and 20 Wood. Amber is crafted with 16 Amber, 12 Tungsten Bars, and 15 Sturdy Fossil. Crafts into their color of phaseglaives (Future update spoiler !!).

sPrYxVe.png
Diamond Glaive: The 4th tier and most powerful of the gem glaives. Crafted with 18 Diamond and 14 Platinum/Gold Bars. Used for crafting the Atgier and its color of phaseglaive (Future update spoiler !!).

ObsidianScytheTest.png
Obsidian Scythe: An early game scythe weapon; long range and moderate damage. Crafted with 1 Obsidian Skull and 5 Obsidian Bars at an Anvil.
61t8pFK.png
Atgeir: Similar to the Muramasa, named after a legendary spear. This spear auto-swinging spear is crafted from the Muramasa and a Diamond Glaive at an anvil. Used to craft the legendary weapon, Dusk Spike.

obIwdK5.png
Soul Pike: A corruption counterpart to The Rotted Fork. Drops from shadow orbs in the corruption. Used to craft the legendary weapon, Dusk Spike, in corruption worlds.

The_Rotted_Fork.png
The Rotted Fork (Vanilla Tweaks): Drops same as it used to, from crimson orbs. Damage up. Now used to craft the legendary weapon, Dusk Spike, in crimson worlds.

GlaiveofGrassWIP.png
Pincer: The grass is definitely greener with this stab-stick! Crafts with 16 Jungle Spores and 16 Stingers at an anvil. Used to craft the legendary weapon, Dusk Spike.

hB5h06Q.png
Molten Trident: The 3-pronged stabby version of the Fiery Greatsword. Crafted with the Dark Lance and 10 Hellstone Bars at a Hellforge. Used to craft the legendary weapon, Dusk Spike.

XNrHhqW.png
Dusk Spike: A glaive variant of the Night's Edge. Crafted with the Atgeir, Pincer, Molten Trident, and The Rotted Fork/Soul Pike at a Demon Altar.

PygmaticWarhammer.png
Pygmatic Warhammer: A warhammer used by native tribesman in the distant past. Crafted with 10 Plantera Petals and a Chlorophyte Warhammer. Same hammer power and speed as the Chlorophyte variant, but adds some damage and a projectile. (Note: Projectile is not going to be added in the next release)

GolemsSpine.png
Golem's Spine: Ranged attackers really got screwed over as far as Golem drops are concerned, and we have the perfect solution.... MORE MELEE WEAPONS! This message has been brought to you by every MOBA balance team in the world. Shoots a laser beam on use. Drops from the Golem. (I'm honestly concerned if you didn't figure that out on your own)

dgwdGC4.png
Spectre Glaive: Ever wanted to stab someone with ghost meat on a stick? No? Well now you can! Crafted from 15 Spectre Bars at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.

SpectreWarhammer.png
Spectre Warhammer: Are sharp weapons too "edgy" for you? (haha pun intended) Are you tired of slicing things and instead just want to make them into pancakes? Then this weapon is for you. Crafted with 15 Spectre Bars at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.

Scythe_v2.png
Spectre Scythe: Like scythes? Like shotguns? Then you'll love the Spectre Scythe. Shoots out 3 angry dungeon spirits in a shotgun-esque pattern. Great for crowd control or extremely close-range combat! Crafted from 15 Spectre Bars at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.

Z8Ejs4x.png
Thanatos' Scythe: Inspired by the game Smite; Are you ready to wield death itself? Rare drop from the Pumpking during the Pumpkin Moon.

Tailron.png
Tailron: An alternate flail from Duke Fishron, faster moving and longer range with higher on-hit damage, but without the added bubbles from the Flairon. Dropped from Duke Fishron.
ObsidianBar.png
Obsidian Bar: Crafting material used to make the Obsidian Scythe and Obsidian Armor. Made from 4 Obsidian at a furnace.

Plantera_Petal.png
Plantera Petal: Common drop from Plantera; used to craft her drops and the Pygmatic Warhammer.

Credits:
@VoxelFox - Lead Developer
@Walto - Lead Developer
@TMC - Developer (aka our godsend)
@Endershot355 - Developer
@Atomic - Developer (coding)
@Torchman220 - Developer (spriting)
@EdwardUV - Developer (spriting)
@EchoNex - Coder
@Zocklukas - Coding consultant
@PhoenixBlade - Main banner design
@DivermanSam - Coding help and bug fixing
Al0n37 - Video tutorials + source code for spears

Banners can be used to support our mod!
Banner 1 - Courtesy of @TMC

Banner 2 - Courtesy of @PhoenixBlade

Discord: https://discord.gg/HTQxqKS

Last edited:
Definitely a fan of more weapons. Do you plan on adding armour sets as well?

Also are you going to add bows? I love bows.

Definitely a fan of more weapons. Do you plan on adding armour sets as well?

Also are you going to add bows? I love bows.
We're planning on adding some armor sets, but right now our #1 priority is getting the mod released ASAP :)
Another idea we were thinking about was making multiple mods (Terrarian Armory, Archives, and Arsenal, for Melee, Magic, and Ranged weapons respectively), let us know your thoughts on that :)

We're planning on adding some armor sets, but right now our #1 priority is getting the mod released ASAP :)
Another idea we were thinking about was making multiple mods (Terrarian Armory, Archives, and Arsenal, for Melee, Magic, and Ranged weapons respectively), let us know your thoughts on that :)

I'd personally work on a full mod first. Seperating items into their own mod becomes easier if you have everything done already.

This looks really cool! I'm glad alternatives to Swords, Boomerangs and Yoyos are being added in mods like this because there really isn't enough variance in terms of melee weapons. I understand that spears aren't overly powerful lategame but this could change all that. Good luck.

Nice spears! I always preffered spears over swords and being left at the Mushroom Spear level is not good against most bosses (except destroyer who gets wrecked).

Any plans on adding heavy weighted weaponry as well? An example are Breaker Blade and Chlorophyte Warhammer.

There's just too few Greatswords in the game to do a full playthrough since vanilla mostly has Longswords and Bastard Swords with some pitiful Shortswords... Hammers and Maces however seem to be way too weak to use effectively as weapons, with only the Chloropbyte one being worthy of using in combat.

Having melee Blunt damage could complement the Slash damage of Swords and the Pierce damage of Spears.

Nice spears! I always preffered spears over swords and being left at the Mushroom Spear level is not good against most bosses (except destroyer who gets wrecked).

Any plans on adding heavy weighted weaponry as well? An example are Breaker Blade and Chlorophyte Warhammer.

There's just too few Greatswords in the game to do a full playthrough since vanilla mostly has Longswords and Bastard Swords with some pitiful Shortswords... Hammers and Maces however seem to be way too weak to use effectively as weapons, with only the Chloropbyte one being worthy of using in combat.

Having melee Blunt damage could complement the Slash damage of Swords and the Pierce damage of Spears.
We're planning on adding all types of melee weaponry, so blunt heavy weapons are definitely planned for the future :)

Found a bug: Some of the weapons (namely the glaives) will fly away after if you use them fast enough. Happens very frequently with the OmniSwing Mod (All weapons autouse) enabled.

20160708213756_1.jpg

Reactions: TMC
Back
Top Bottom