The Anime/Manga/VN Thread...

Kats

Pixel Pirate
Well, I saw we have an Anime thread but not a Manga thread, and the anime thread was last posted in about 2 months ago so.
Basically you can write whatever in here about Anime/Manga/VN's, not just Anime. :>

Guess I'll start it off...
No real order, just can't really think of placing them, just imagine they are all my number 1. ;P

Watched anime for about 8 years, say the name of an anime and I probably know of it, might not have watched it though. xP

Listing all I've seen would take me daaaays so, favs is all I'll write.

Fav anime:
Strawberry Panic
Saki
Sakura Trick
Strike Witches
Marimite
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou.
Soul Eater (Both main story and spin-off, main story is obviously the best though xP)

Fav Manga:
Girl Friends
Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane
Poor Poor Lips
Hoshikawa Ginza Yonchoume
Haru, Natsu, Aki, Fuyu

If you've read them all then you'll realize I mostly read yuri manga lol.

Fav VN:
Nekopara, not my favourite but it's up there, say 2nd/3rd place, can't really mention any others as they are all 18+, not sure if that's allowed or not~

Most Loved Genres:
Slice of Life
Yuri
Shoujo Ai
Historical
Romance

Most Hated Genres:
Drama
Thriller
Horror
Action Shounen (As in stuff like Bleach/Naruto)
Mecha

So yeah, use this thread to discuss an anime you like, writing fav anime/manga/VN like I've done, discuss upcoming anime/manga/VN you're gonna watch/not gonna watch and so on.

Lets keep it spoiler free shall we? :>
Or use spoiler tags when writing about stuff that happens in the anime/manga/VN you're discussing.

Last edited:
I never really have a list of favorites, just stuff I've watched recently and really liked. I'm pretty into the Gundam franchise, not far away from having watched every animated Gundam thing. Other than that, I just watch whatever catches my eye.

My favorite genres are mecha, comedy, and mystery.
Least favorites... I don't really have any. I'm not a huge judge based on genre, although a lot of shows these days that I just ignore are usually ecchi harem stuff. They aren't genres I hate persay, but I think too many shows go that route so I'm a bit sick of it.

Of the currently airing stuff, I'm watching Dragon Ball Super and Teekyuu 5. And Detective Conan, but that's always airing. There's not really a lot this season I wanted to try. Next season should be good, though! Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Kindaichi Case Files Returns S2, Yuru Yuri S3, the second episode of Gundam The Origin... It's gonna be good.

Also I've been watching the first season of Symphogear since I hadn't seen it before. It's pretty cool stuff.

Oh, and manga and VNs... I haven't touched many of those in a while. I've been meaning to read Jojo part 4, at least. And I've read Pokemon Special up to the Black and White chapter. And VNs... last I've played was Fate/Stay Night. And I didn't finish the Fate route on that. And now I see Fate and just say "where's tsukihime" *shrug*

If you wanna see my anime list, here it is: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/krawky398 (don't mind the ratings, i don't really give them anymore since I'm bad at giving them)

Nice nice! :p

I hate harem overall really, reverse harem (One girl/Dozen guys) I'm usually fine with though, because the amount of ecchi BS in reverse harem is usually a lot less, if any.
And, never really got into gundam, have tried some but, not for me, mecha is a big part of me not really getting into it I guess. :p
I usually don't like shounen anime/manga at all really, usually just watch shoujo/josei anime, seinen is usually fine too.

And this season I'm watching:
Working!! S3 (A must see)
Teekyuu 5 (Love 'em all)
Non Non Biyori S2 (Renchon!<3)
Himouto! Umaru-chan (Hilarous lol)

And yeah, that's pretty much it sadly. ;(

Can't wait until next season, Yuru Yuri S3, Gochuumon wa Usaki Desuka S2<3
Will also watch Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" To:red:e Gets-Sareta Ken and Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan, might be more I missed. :p

Also waiting for Strike Witches movies to come out, gotta buy em all! D:<

Last edited:
I'm usually on a scale when it comes to my tolerance for ecchi. Sometimes it's on the "please stop i don't want this" and sometimes it's on the "I don't mind" side. And some shows I just think they sound like they might be fun despite it.

Yeah, I don't think mecha's a genre for everyone, but I commend you for trying it, at least! I always love really over the top stuff (so long as it doesn't cross into plain stupid) and a lot of mecha shows are made to deliver on that, and the good ones that don't are still really good in their own ways, I feel.

I don't mind shonen but I'm somewhat particular about what I'll watch. It's not too consistent though, since I'll gladly indulge in Dragon Ball stuff but steer away from Naruto and the like.

Shoujo or josei aren't particularly my thing, though. I've already proven to be into faster and more active shows, and they don't usually fit that. But add a mahou to that shoujo and I'm usually more on board.

The following is the full list of airing anime/OVAs in Fall 2015:

neregate.com-Fall-2015-Anime-Chart-v1.png

Last edited:
From my signature and it being the thing I talk the most about, people may think Sailor Moon is my favorite, and they would be wrong. My favorite manga and anime ever is Kimagure Orange Road.

Why don't I write stories about it? Because I can't see anything I could add to it.

Nowadays, the only two anime I follow are Sailor Moon Crystal (waiting for season 2) and Dragon Ball Super (aka "screw DBZ Kai and give me more filler episodes")

My anime history I could say is pretty typical. Having Pokemon/DBZ in childhood, but didn't know what anime was until I became a teenager. Naruto started it all and because of it, anime is my favorite thing to watch. My Anime History is estimated around 9 years since I started when I was 13.

Quickly pulling from my top 5 Anime List on Anime Planet we have

1. Higurashi When They Cry/ Umineko When They Cry (Its a tie because they are like sister series and both similar yet very epic in their own ways)
2. Brynhildr/Elfen Lied (Also a tie because same reason as the 1st one, done by same author and have similar themes)
3. 11 Eyes
4. Psycho-Pass
5. Yona of the Dawn

Favorite Manga includes

1. Negima Magister Negi Sensei (Great series, is a sort of genre mix with harem at the beginning and Shounen/Action later, it does Shounen right by having a genius 10 year old teacher who doesn't have the qualities you would expect of a typical shounen protagonist. Also has so many characters that are all vivid with personality and excitement)
2. Claymore (The manga is at least twice as long as the anime and much more epic, I'd love to discuss the post battle of Pieta arc with any who also follow it)
3. Rurouni Kenshin

As for Visual Novels I'd also love to talk about them, not sure how much we're allowed to talk about the 18+ ones as long as we don't go into the 18+ content so I'll just go with ones that are all ages for now.

Steins;Gate which was the source material of the anime is one of the best VNs. You get a sense of how Rintaro thinks in a much deeper way compared to the anime and in the 2nd half
The series gets darker with SERN's involvement and Mayuri dying which really provides the motive to find a timeline where Mayuri survives given how much time you've spent with all the characters and want to see them survive, but also face the difficult choices of undoing changes in the timeline that made them happier.
The Visual Novel is also darker than the anime because Nae who is the daughter of Tennoji is the one who kills Moeka because she used the Time Leap Machine from the future to come back and get revenge for her father who she thought was killed by Moeka (when he actually commits suicide due to being exposed as FB who works for SERN by Rintaro and Moeka. Wasn't too happy about this part being cut from the anime, but I suppose it is pretty dark even in anime to have a young kid (Probably younger than Rika) with the mind of an adult kill and stab people.

As for favorite genres: those include: Psychological, fantasy, and sci-fi elements. I can watch almost any genre except sports, but when a level of fanservice and/or character perversion level gets too high, it destroys the flow of the story and the characters can't be taken seriously. Some anime I dislike that take this too far I consider to be Dokuro, and Heaven's Lost Property.

Hohoho, Higurashi no Naku koro ni is the last horror anime I ever watched. xP
And only watched one thriller since aswell lol, which is Shion no Ou.
Main character is "mute", who knew an anime with a "mute" MC could be so good, she's just the best<3
That one is amazing, a must see for sure~<3

Just started watching Jitsu wa Watashi wa, hilarious really. xD

Last edited:
Let see....

RWBY , Gurran lagan, DBZ, Bleach, Naruto, 1p, Infinle statos, is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon , World trigger, kill la kill Pokémon, digimon, yu-gi-oh , no game-no life , Akame ga kill, SAO, log horizon ETC

That in a nutshell anime I watched so far

From that list, Kill la Kill and No Game no Life<3
IS first season was good, second season meh.

From your list, I would suggest you watch 'Blood Lad' as it's awesome.
Soul Eater as it's amazing.
Can't think of others as I'm still half asleep, I know you didn't ask but whatever. :p

Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon I recognize but would need the Japanese title of it to know. xDD
Nevermind, came up on MAL, and haven't watched yet, planning to though. xD

I and a bunch of other people out there started to despise Hestia despite never watching the show because of all the art that just spawned of her on places like pixiv and Twitter. It was okay for a bit but then it just got old really fast.

In other news, I finished Symphogear and moved onto Symphogear G, which is already cooler and more awesome than the last one!

I and a bunch of other people out there started to despise Hestia despite never watching the show because of all the art that just spawned of her on places like pixiv and Twitter. It was okay for a bit but then it just got old really fast.

In other news, I finished Symphogear and moved onto Symphogear G, which is already cooler and more awesome than the last one!

Haha, never really started to despise someone because of fanart, but can see it happening, luckily I don't really keep up to date on pixiv and twitter I don't even use lol. xD

Hmm, was gonna watch Symphogear but never got around to it...
Currently mostly reading manga and playing visual novels, new nekopara<3

I know this hasn't been posted in for a couple months, but hopefully no one minds if I revive it.

My all-time favorite anime include:

Gurren Lagann: My absolute favorite show, heck, work of literature of all time. Nothing compares to it in my eyes. It was so awesome that after I finished watching it for the first time, I literally spent the rest of that day doing nothing because I knew that nothing I did could ever be as awesome. If anyone hasn't seen it, SEE IT, it is a masterpiece of the modern era.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: My other absolute favorite, although I'm not quite sure if I like it as much as Gurren Lagann - it doesn't exude the same kind of pure unadulterated awesome that GL does, but it has much more in-depth characters and writing to make up for it. Also, the movie is my favorite movie of all time. It's the closest thing to a perfect movie that I've ever seen, and I've seen stuff like Citizen Kane and The Shawshank Redemption (both of which I also like, btw).

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: I love this show for its unique style and storyline. I've never found another show before or since with a similar aesthetic or thematic style. Also, that soundtrack is the best I've ever heard in an anime.

Anohana: This is the only show or movie ever to make me actually cry. And not just cry - the final episode had me literally curled up in my chair, rocking myself while bawling my eyes out. It's some powerful stuff. Just like with Gurren Lagann, I was so emotionally drained after I finished this one that I didn't want to do anything for the rest of the day. I still tear up whenever I hear the theme song. It's that good.

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun: Hands-down the best romcom I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of romcoms. It's basically what happens if you take the romcom formula and make it perfect, then add a bit of satire into the mix for good measure.

Kotoura-san: This show is :red:ing adorable. If you're ever feeling sad or depressed about anything, just watch this. Don't let the first ten minutes fool you - it is the most optimistic, anti-depressant show I've ever seen. Also, Manabe is by far my absolute favorite male anime protagonist. It also wins points for being a romcom with a love confession in like episode two or three.

And a list of others that I also enjoyed, in no particular order:
Denki-gai
Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions
Steins;Gate
Spice & Wolf
Tonari no Seki-kun
Log Horizon
Fate/Stay Night
No Game No Life
GATE
Fairy Tail
One Piece
Toradora
SNAFU
I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying
Working!!
Servant x Service
Nisekoi
Lucky Star
The Pet Girl of Sakura Hall
Engaged to the Unidentified
The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat (Don't worry about the title, it's not actually a hentai)
Is the Order a Rabbit?

And probably some others that I've forgotten. That isn't nearly all the ones I've seen, either, just the ones I liked enough to recommend them to others. As you can see I like some from all genres, but I tend to gravitate toward the slice-of-lifes and romcoms (though I typically hate harems, with a few exceptions). Ironically my sister is the one who's obsessed with mechas, while my brother is much more into shounens.

At the moment I'm following Comet Lucifer, Utawarerumono, Lance N Masques, and season 2 of ItOaR on Crunchyroll. Not sure if I absolutely love any of them yet (with the exception of ItOaR, which is so far just as good as the first season), but they're the only ones I've found that interest me this season.

I've never read any manga, and I haven't really been interested anime until recently, when I was bored and decided to watch Attack on Titan and SAO (both of which I thoroughly enjoyed). I'd like to watch some more anime, so if you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

I've never read any manga, and I haven't really been interested anime until recently, when I was bored and decided to watch Attack on Titan and SAO (both of which I thoroughly enjoyed). I'd like to watch some more anime, so if you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

If you liked SAO then try Log Horizon, it's basically SAO but way better (SAO is pretty meh in my opinion). Also Gurren Lagann, Haruhi Suzumiya, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica are pretty much required watching for any budding weeaboo.

If you liked SAO then try Log Horizon, it's basically SAO but way better (SAO is pretty meh in my opinion). Also Gurren Lagann, Haruhi Suzumiya, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica are pretty much required watching for any budding weeaboo.
Thanks much, I'll probably have to write those down so I don't forget.

Back
Top Bottom