The Blacksmith's Retreat to Solitude in the Mountains!

TheOneAndOnlyAeris

Skeletron Prime
It seems my blacksmith (Merchant) does not like to interact with other NPCs!

I suppose I can build a home for him in the mountains away from the other villagers... That I will do!

Blacksmith Milton! I will build a home for you in the caverns filled with mythical ores of Adamantite and Titanium! These elusive ores you will surely use, will you not!

Milton the Blacksmith [Merchant]: That I will do! Move me into these caves of alloys and I shall forge a sword of the ores I find!

Thus, I have built a retreat for Milton in the hill across the lake, past the village.

Let's see how you people on the forums like it, and see if you can help me improve Milton's humble abode!

MILTON'S HUMBLE ABODE, HIS RETREAT TO SOLITUDE!

DAY:
xpgPJly.png

NIGHT:
imqBmaU.png

Thus, Milton has been satisfied. But you aren't! (Probably!)

Will you provide constructive criticism as to how I can improve Milton's little mountain home?!

(Yes, the thought of building this was so random that I decided to come up with a skit for it. lol! :p)

Would this be the same Milton from Meeltin's Meeltin fehktoree? (Good job, you managed to incite both a Markiplier reference and a Game Grunps reference.) Now, on to the constructive criticism: The build itself looks good, but the shape of the house could use some interest. I mean, at the end of the day, it's just a well-furnished box. Now, about lighting: your heavy use of dark blue outside the cave with all the waterfalls gives a kind of mystical feel to the build, but the cave itself doesn't have that which is especially weird considering that it holds mythical ores. Try putting some green and blue lighting in the cave, preferably less intense color.

Hello, it's me again meow
Nice idea, looks nice too BUT:
1. Don't slope every block of the terrain, because squary adds a little to the charm
2. Don't only use Christmas trees, you can incorporate them with other trees to make it look like a mixed forest
3. Always paint spooky wood brown unless you really need that purple, meow (the walls too)
4. The white part of the waterfalls seems to be a bit oversized
5 And last, what others might not agree with me the *natural* walls made of dirst, stone and grass walls. They are a little too inconsistent for my taste and they have way too little grass walls(or flower walls), which means I don't support the random holes in them and use more grass walls.

I know I have a lot of critisize, don't take me wrong your builds are great but there is always room for improvement for everyone (me too, actually especially me) so don't let this criticism discourage you :3 meow
Keep up the good work :3

3. Always paint spooky wood brown unless you really need that purple, meow (the walls too)
It's ebonwood :p

Would this be the same Milton from Meeltin's Meeltin fehktoree? (Good job, you managed to incite both a Markiplier reference and a Game Grunps reference.) Now, on to the constructive criticism: The build itself looks good, but the shape of the house could use some interest. I mean, at the end of the day, it's just a well-furnished box. Now, about lighting: your heavy use of dark blue outside the cave with all the waterfalls gives a kind of mystical feel to the build, but the cave itself doesn't have that which is especially weird considering that it holds mythical ores. Try putting some green and blue lighting in the cave, preferably less intense color.
How about red lighting? It fits the Adamantite, right?

Await the updaaaaaate~ :D

PS: Should I turn the biome into a hallowed biome? :p

UPDATE:
DAY
jNRKgTF.png

NIGHT
qWnS9rw.png

Can't be bothered to wait for the acorns to grow. Expect nice trees the next time you see this area :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom