Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

Charon

Spazmatism

Copper_Shortsword.png
Copper Shortsword Mod
Copper_Shortsword2.png

by Charon, Eldrazi, CJT157, and Gigavoir

So, big plans for the most useless thing ever invented in the gaming industry. And yes, this is going to be a thing.
Newly created characters spawn with the usual items, except for one change. Their Copper Shortsword is unique. Although there are craftable versions, the one you start out with cannot be crafted by any means.
When you kill a boss with your starting weapon, the boss drops a special item that can be used to upgrade it - giving it special abilities and new powers. The upgraded version can be combined with other boss items to further increase it's power. But all are different, so if you combine the Eye of Cthulhu drop with the Eater of Worlds drop, you get a different one than the Eye of Cthulhu and the Brain of Cthulhu, and so on with every single boss, allowing for a lot of combinations. If I really wanted to add every combination possible, it would be 6,227,020,800 different ways to craft all of the Shortsword variants. I am not doing that.

I'm sure you're thinking "Charon, I can't kill a boss with the crappiest weapon ever!" Well, there's a solution to that.
Ever played Pokemon? Well, if you have, I'm sure you know the move False Swipe. Leaves a target at 1 HP no matter what. Well, there's an accessory that does that now, called the Restraining Order. It affects every single weapon with the exception of the Copper Shortsword and it's variants. So you can use any weapon you want, reduce the enemy down to 1 HP, and presto - you have your solution.

Thoughts? Feedback? Post it here, or put your answer in the poll! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
I would also love to join your team if possible, I have some experience with tAPI and would love to move up to tModLoader

You should make one for Moonlord. Imagine killing the moonlord with a copper shortsword. Just shanking it in the heart cause it ate your fries.

Seems like a good mod to improve the infamous copper shortsword which i know is probably one of the worst weapons in the game if not the worst.

Back
Top Bottom