Biomes & Nature [The Dark Lord's Designs] The Divine (Hallow Alternate)

What do you think of the Divine so far?

• I WANT TO PLAY IT SO BAD!!

• It's a thing, and I like it. +1 support.

• It's a cool idea, but until it is more fleshed out, I won't support it.

• I don't like it now, but I am intrigued by its potential.

• I read this, and I think it has no potential.

• This is so bad, I will actually oppose this being a thing. -1 support.

• I am too lazy to have an opinion, but not too lazy to vote.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The1DarkLord

Skeletron Prime
Divine tree.pngThe DivineDivine tree Reversed.png

(To see its counterpart, the Combustion, click this link.)
The Hallow is about fairy tales and things people make up to make the world seem nicer being turned into something awful.
The Divine is going to be about looking to higher powers for help, and finding only vengeful gods.
Just so you know, I just totally rethought this. As it previously stood, the Lush was basically becoming a Jungle clone with slight differences in mechanics. Now it will be so much better.

Summary for People Who Don't Care

Trees are going to have Halos!

Grass will glow and be golden!

Rocks will glow too! but only enough to light themselves.

Shafts of light mess with gravity!

No shoes (foot or leg accessories of any kind) on sacred ground.

Tune in next time for more awesome!

In the background of the divine, you will see the Parthenon, and behind it, the cathedral at Notre dame, the temple of Jerusalem, and behind that, majestic mountains wreathed in clouds. Finally, in the very back, you will see the pearly gates themselves. (Feel free to make concept art to put all those together if you want to. However, please don't just paste pictures over each other. If you're going to make art, make it yourself.)

Upon entering the Divine (just the surface, where there is goldengrass), a notification will pop up like when a boss is coming. It will read: "Remove your shoes, for you walk on sacred ground."
Refusing to heed this warning will result in you being automatically teleported to your spawn location after 10 seconds.
This means you can't wear any leg equipment or shoe accessories while in the Divine. (At least not on the surface. The underground will not do this.)​
Divine tree.png

The trees will be called Silverwood trees. They will give you Silverwood. It will be semi-metallic. When placed, it will be somewhat shiny looking and resemble a silver boreal wood pattern. Silverwood trees are the souls of the trees you cut down. Each time you cut down a tree in the world, it reappears as a Silverwood tree.
The grass will be Goldengrass, and will be a pale-ish yellow.
Goldengrass will literally glow a bright whitish yellow. More yellowy than regular torches. This will mean you could use Goldengrass to light caves.
Silverwood trees will not grow below -20 feet, but above ground, they will glow a silvery color.

Runestone_Block.png

This is Runestone.
Runestone_Brick_(placed).png
Runestone Brick.png

It can be crafted into Runestone Bricks, which will have brightly glowing lines,
or
Runestone_Slab_(placed).png
Runestone_Slab.png

Runestone slabs, which will be lined in nonsense runes, which also glow.
Note: Runestone slabs will not have rounded corners.
Note: Runestone Blocks will not illuminate anything but themselves, but Bricks and Slabs will give off dim light and illuminate their surroundings. Does not count as a light source.

The ice in the Ice biome will be silvery and faintly glow white. Just the blocks though. It can't be used as a light source.

The sand will be Brightsand. Brightsand and Runestone are crafted together to form Runestone Bricks and Runestone Slabs.

Mech bosses will not drop Hallowed bars. They will drop Divine bars.
Divine Bar.png

(Sorry. Last edit on that. It looks better on the armor like this.)

The Divine will always be illuminated. When you enter the Divine, there will be occasional wide shafts of light, like light shining through the clouds on a cloudy day. The shafts of light will have little sparkly bits in them, and will make gravity act like it does at the top of the world. These shafts of light illuminate the Divine at night too. They move slowly to the left (opposite the sun or moon's direction, and once off-screen may disappear entirely. The only time these don't exist in the Divine is during rain.
WOOHOO! I have started making enemies! I only have two right now though. (Stats, drops, and everything else pending. Feel free to speculate)
Crusader.png
Crusader with sword.png

Crusader (not sure where I'll put him)

Jouster on Horse.png
Jouster.png
Jouster with lance.png

Jouster (unicorn replacement)
(Stats Pending)
Divine Armor
Divine Melee set.png
Melee - Increases melee damage by 2% per 9% health lost. Increases defense by 2 per 9% health lost.
Divine Magic set.png
Magic - Allows mana regeneration while moving. 12% increase in magic damage and critical strike chance.
Divine Ranger set.png
Ranged -
The Targeting System points out up to 10 enemies within 200 feet of you. The lines (4 in-game pixels) will be inverted from the background (with added contrast), can be seen in the dark, and extend out from the edge of your build range. Exception: Players on enemy teams are pointed out in their team color.
Divine Summoner set.png
Summoner - Increases max minions by 2. Increases minion damage 33%
Set Effect - Pulsating effect and Motion Blur (Blue parts only. Leaves streaks behind. The streaks change color if armor is dyed).

Mask of Divine Protection.png

Mask of Divine Protection
Melee

Helm of Omnipotence.png

Helm of Omnipotence
Magic

Visor of Divine Clarity.png

Visor of Divine Clarity
Ranged

Crown of Divine Right.png

Crown of Divine Right
Summoner
Increases max minions by 1 (stacks with set bonus)

Divine Platemail item image.png

Divine Platemail

Divine Greaves Item Picture.png

Divine Greaves
(new sprite pending)
Judgement Day

(new sprite pending)
True Judgement Day

Earth-Splitter
This is the equivalent of the Pickaxe Axe.

Sacred Digging claw
Same stats as the Heavenly Earth-Splitter, but with little or no knockback.

Apollo's Bow
Causes arrows to home in on enemies. Does not negate gravity, but homing in on enemies starts from very far away. Fires 2 arrows per arrow in your inventory.

Spear of Divine Justice
Has the range of a spear, but when it reaches the end of its striking distance, it unleashes a spinning projectile. However, it merely spins in place, piercing unlimited enemies with the same knockback and damage as the spear itself, dissipating after 2 full turns. It has a blade on each end.

(Sprite Pending)
Halo
Pierces one enemy, hitting a second. Inflicts debuff on them: Halo'd. A golden halo (like the Angel Halo, but bigger and floating for real) will appear above the head (or general center) of the monster you hit. This debuff doesn't hurt the enemy, but it does negate gravity and friction of any kind for 2 seconds. This means you can knock back Halo'd enemies really far, to buy yourself time and distance. Bosses are immune.

I have decided that the magic of the Divine will be a Silvery-white with a light blue particle effect.

The Divine spell will call lightning down from the heavens. It will always come straight down. It won't angle like many other spells. Sprite away. Coolest sprite gets in, and you'll have to beat the one I come up with. It won't be my choice though. It will be decided by how many different people like it.

I'm much more excited about the Divine than I was about the Lush. This is going to be great. I have so many Ideas in the works.
(Update in the works) I'm really excited about the new sword I came up with. I hope you'll like it.

EDIT: The update and all its pieces are amazing, and i am going to have to work on a lot of new things as i find out about the new parts of the game. It will mean i have to change or add some things to the suggestion. I havent had much time to play or work on these suggestions for the past couple weeks, and i will still be swamped for another week. Sorry for the delay, guys. I really wish i could update this before then.

Last edited:
Divine Bar.png
Silver Ice Block.png
I made the divine bar and the silver ice block :p
Blade of the Gods.png
True Blade of the Gods.png
Also, I changed the colour of the outline for the Blade of the Gods and the True Blade of the Gods

Thanks, but I have this one covered. There is only half as much to do on this one. Well... Kinda. Anyway, I kinda want to flesh this out a little better before I start taking help on it. When I need help with sprites (because I will), I will post it on the main section.
I havent even made a final decision on what color the metal will be.
Right now, there is still too much left undecided. Odds are, sprites will have to be changed at least once at this point.

I appreciate your enthusiasm though. It makes it easier to keep going on these.

make a new crystal shard pls
we really don't need the monsters to drop the ichor, so think of something new,
like crystal shards from hallow and cursed flames from corrupt, but please don't use ichor!

so let me ask you all this: what color should the Divine's magic be, since it can't be pink, green, yellow, blue (like the dungeon's water bolt), light blue (all ice magic), blue-green (razorblade typhoon), or (most likely) teal (like the probably happening cyber)?
That leaves:
  • Red
  • Dark Red
  • Orange
  • Dark Green
  • Sky blue
  • Dark Blue
  • Indigo
  • Lavender
  • Purple
  • Dark Purple
  • White
  • Brown (why is this an option?)
So which one do you all think it should be?

You win! It will be white (see the weapons and tools section) with an electric blue particle effect.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
There will also be a sprite-making competition to see who can make the spell look the coolest!

Sprite-Making Contest
Rules:
  1. The spell must be primarily white and/or silvery gray with an electric blue accent color. (This can be incorporated however you please.)
  2. It must look very deadly.
    • Maybe it will look like it is causing an explosion when it hits.
  3. There must be at least two different patterns of lightning. It shouldn't get boring to use this thing.
    • Perhaps there are different ways to make a lightning-like effect. Use your imagination!
  4. If there is any way you can upload a .gif or some way to give us an idea of how it looks in action, I'm sure that will get you points.
  5. All entries must be completed by Saturday the 20th of June at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time.
  6. You may make multiple entries unless it violates one of the following.
    • It may not be a re-coloring of one of your previous entries.
    • It may not be a re-coloring of another person's entry.
    • It may not be a rip-off of someone else's entry. This shall be decided by consensus of myself and at least 3 other people.
  7. If it passes all of those, voting will take place between the Sunday (Mountain Daylight Time) and the Thursday immediately following the 20th of June.
Let the Games Begin!

just in case people missed it. It will be white and/or gray with BLUE accents.

None of this yellow silliness.

lightning.jpg

See any yellow? If you do you are COLORBLIND!! :D

I have decided something. I am terrible at making things look like metal. So could somebody (who is good at making things look like metal in terraria) make a sprite for me? I need help with Silverwood trees.
  • The silverwood trees will look a lot like normal trees, only with a little bit smoother looking trunks.
  • Also they will look shiny like silver.
  • Lastly, they will have golden halos floating above them.
If someone (who is good at making things look metallic with terraria size things) would help on this, it will save me about a day or two of struggling to make this look good.

(At least i figured out what they look like, right? Oh, also, these are the spirits of all the trees you have cut down so far. Now you get to kill them again!)
(Bonus points for making a silverwood tree treetop for every kind of tree in the game, sans hallow, crimson, and corruption, since the divine will occur in combustion worlds.)

Back
Top Bottom