tModLoader The Edge Chronicles Mod

Should I add custom Biomes?

• Yes

• No

• I was dumb and didnt realise that you cant change pole topics.

• This is awesome!

• Why do you bother?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AXsmasher

Official Terrarian
Hello fellow Terrarians, I have now added lots of content spoilers. We have a small Dev team currently, so I'm looking for spriters, coders and animators. If you wish to help contact me at out Discord;
https://discord.gg/Hg7Ew3V.

Preface etc:
This my friends is The Edge:
Edge.PNG

I have based this mod off a series of books named "The Edge Chronicles". This does not go to say that you wont enjoy the mod if you havent read the books, they are just my source of inspiration. This series of book may look childish but it is really an amazing work of fiction. The reason I am using these books as inspiration is because of the amazing creativity of the Fauna and Flora and the fact that I am addicted to them. This is my first mod so some content may need a bit more work. Im open to suggestions and would love feedback. This mod will focus on adding around 4 new biomes, the addition of skyships and of course a diverse array of Flora and Fauna. Heres a link to The Edge Chronicles wiki: http://theedgechronicles.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
I have been steadily progressing through some content and now this mod totals around 40 Items 10 NPCs and 5 Trees. This is only a fraction of what I plan to do so expect quite a large mod. A lot of the Fauna didnt quite fit with terraria sprite style so I've had to change some things but it mostly follows the books.
I would really appreciate any help as Im a beginner. I am really struggling with my biome currently ; - ) so if anyone has any experience in that aspect it would be a great help. A huge thanks to everyone over at the tmodloader discord server and everyone who made terraria possible. Thanks to the lads who made tmodloader and a special thanks to darkpuppey for his help with sprites. Again I would love help, If you want to chat join my discord server here: https://discord.gg/Hg7Ew3V

I know there isnt a lot of support for this mod and it may not suit everyones tastes but I hope that changes in the future because im never gonna give up on this mod and I hope you guys will appreciate it too. : )

Story:
Long ago there was a giant cliff (The Edge) hanging over the void. At its very tip were the stone gardens, further in was the twighlight woods and finally the endless deepwoods. Millenia ago the Mother Storm awoke and seeded The Edge with life at rivverise, the heart of the deepwoods. Life soon spread all over the edge, Many goblins and trogs formed tribes and waged war. But not the fourthlings, The fourthlings were very much like humans and there leader kobold the wise united the tribes in a place called Undertown. Undertown soon became a massive city and its fowl garbage and sewers made the mire; a stinking wasteland of mud and not much else. The fourthlings also harnessed flight in the form of Flight rocks and soon had massive skyships the roamed the sky and the great academics soon built a floating city named sanctaphrax. This however is but the begining. What is your purpose? That is for you to decide, will you become a Sky Pirate, a academic dedicated to finding Stormphrax Crystals, or a powerful individual who bows to no one. The edge is falling into chaos and it is your choice whether you save it or leave it to rot.

I will also create a world exactly like the Edge which will include Undertown etc which will be available for download. If you however prefer to start back in the days of kobold the wise. All you need to do will be download my mod and start a fresh world.

Well thats it for now, I hope I get some spoilers up soon.

I am hoping on a first release by december 2016.

Content:
I have not spoiled the recipes yet. If you would like me to just ask.

Items:

Melee

LaswerSword.png

- Lawserblade
Dev sword for Darkpuppy.

PhraxBlade.png

- PhraxBlade
Very powerful sword made from Stormphrax (condensed lightning) High hardmode

Summoner
All summoner weapons have half the damage of there NPC counterparts.

AnglerStaff.png

- Baby Angler Staff
Occasionally dropped by Anglers and can be crafted with various NPC drops. When used a Baby Angler will fight for you.

BanderbearStaff.png

- Banderbear Staff
Occasionally dropped by Banderbears and can be crafted with various NPC drops. When used a tamed banderbear will fight for you.

BarkDemonStaff (1).png

- Bark Demon Staff
Occasionally dropped by Bark Demons and can be crafted with various NPC drops. When used a feral Bark Demon will fight for you.

WigWigStaff.png

- WigWig Staff
Occasionally dropped by WigWigs and can be crafted with various NPC drops. When used a small WigWig will fight for you.

Yoyos:

FurryYoyo.png

- Furry Yoyo
Made with drops from the WigWig. On par with the Hel-Fire yoyo but can be obtained slightly earlier if farmed.

PancakeYoyo.png

- Pancake Yoyo
Does almost no damage. Has an infinite spin time. Inflicts a debuff called sticky. Requested by a Bozo

AnglerLureShard.png

- Angler Lure Shard
Dropped very rarely from Anglers. Crucial in many powerful crafting recipes.

AnglerScale.png

- Angler Scale
Dropped commonly from Anglers. Used in a couple of recipes for Armor and weapons. [Needs a resprite]

AnglerTooth.png

- Angler Tooth
Another common drop from the Angler. Is essential in crafting some twiksy items.

BanderbearTooth.png

- Banderbear Tusk
Dropped from Banderbears very rarely, is a useful crafting item.

BeardTuft.png

- Beardtuft
Dropped from old Banderbears commonly. It is used in a variety of crafting recipes.

DemonHeart.png

- Demon Heart
A rare drop from Bark Demons. They contain a mysterious power and are essential in some powerful recipes.

EnchantedBark.png

- Enchanted Bark
Dropped by Bark variety NPCs, is used in a lot of items and is essential for a couple of powerful accessories.

Moss.png

- Moss
Dropped by some Deepwoods enemies and is extremely soft. [Needs a resprite]

Mossfur.png

- Mossfur
Dropped from Banderbears, It is half moss half fur and has a hidden use. [Needs a resprite]

WigWigFur.png

- WigWig Fur
Dropped from WigWigs, it is used in a couple of vanity Items as well as a staff... [Needs a resprite]

WigWigInnards.png

- WigWig Innards
A rare drop from WigWigs. Is used in a couple of weapons.

WigWigTooth.png

- WigWig Tooth
A common drop from WigWigs, needle sharp and used in some weapons and vanity.

PetPowder.png

- Pet Powder
Throw this on any Edge Fauna and it will be transformed in either a Pet Item, a Town NPC or a Minion Staff depending on the type of animal. eg most enemies drop Staffs, while friendly animals drop pets.

BloodoakTimber.png

- Bloodoak Timber
A drop from Bloodoak Trees.

HeartRock.png

- Heartrock
Found in the centre of Flight rocks. Glows Red

IronwoodTimber.png

- Ironwood Timber
A drop from Ironwood Trees

MireMud.png

- Mire mud
Found in the Mire

DarkSoil.png

- Darksoil
Found in the Deepwoods.

MireDirt.png

- Mire Dirt
The only stable block in the Mire.

MireSludge.png

- Mire Sludge
More sludgy stuff from the Mire.

blocks.gif
Capture 2016-08-16 15_03_21.png

- Soil Types!!
A different tree spawns on each of these blocks. Trees coming soon. Over 50 New BLOCKS!!

TuskyPick.png

- Tusky Pick
Made from Banderbear drops. Slightly better than palladium mining tools.

AirLichenSeeds.png

- Air Lichen
Grows in high altitudes and drops a precious gem.

BloodoakSaplingItem.png

- Bloodoak Sapling
Used to grow a Bloodoak.

IronWoodSaplingItem.png

- Ironwood Sapling
Used to grow an Ironwood.

DarkGrassSeeds.png

- Dark Grass Seeds
Used to grow Dark Grass.

Barkboots.png

- Barkboots
Regens health when running.

BarkShield.png

- Bark Shield
Immunity to knockback and no chance for bark enemies to target you.

AnglerBreastplate.png
AnglerHelmet.png
AnglerLeggings.png

- Angler Armor Set
Very hard to craft uses mostly Angler drops. Provides 12 minion count at the cost of 25 % Minion damage. Glows, adds Spelunker and Gills Buffs while wearing full set.

NPCS:
I'll crop these pics soon, sorry they are a bit big.

fisk.gif

- Angler
Spawns in the Deepwoods. Has extremely high health and damage and very quick. It also has a sneaky tactic for catching its prey.

Banderbear.png

- Banderbear
A very kindhearted animal unless provoked. Very rarely spawns in the Deepwoods. If attacked it will become extremely powerful.

Barkcat.png

- Barkcat
A vicous animal that lives in the Deepwoods.

BarkDemon.png

- Barkdemon
Found in the Deepwoods. A magician who can hear thoughts.

WigWig.png

- WigWig
Spawns in packs of around ten. Very low health but high damage, and you'll see why.

Coming soon!

Trees:
Pics coming soon

- Ironwood
Very tall with very strong wood

- Bloodoak
A carnivorous tree with extremely buoyant wood. Prized for Skyship building. You do not cut down a Bloodoak... You hunt it.

Biomes:
Pics coming soon

- The Deepwoods
A rain forest like biome with lots of unique Flora and Fauna.
Capture.JPG

- The Mire
A place of decay and stinking mud.

Minion.gif

- Showcasing the armor and some minions
Startdust.gif

Showcase of the power of this armour when combined with stardust dragon.
Credits:
- To everyone who helped make Terraria possible
- @bluemagic123 and everyone else who helped develop tModloader
- All the lads at the tModloader Discord, including @EchoNex, @GabeHasWon, @yobozo and many more
- Everyone who has ever made a mod. You have inspired me to do more
- The Author and Illustrator of "The Edge Chronicles"
- @Willsm for his animations
- @J-50N for his Gloamgozer and Glisters as well as some great ideas : )
- @PhoenixBlade for his awesome spriting and support.
- @EchoNex for some help with coding.

Devs:
Me - AXsmasher; Coder, Spriter, Ideas
@Darkpuppey; Spriter
@Serial Dreemurr; Musician
@VoxelFox; Spriter, Coder
@Guru-Jr; Spriter
@TomatoSptaf; Spriter
@TMC; Spriter

I'm lookin for devs;
Green means we need em, orange not so much and red not at all.
Spriters
Animators
Coders (Knowledge in biomes and AI preferred)
Musicians
Ideas/Stats/Balancer (contact me for more details and what this will entail.) Note you will have to do a couple of test NPCs and Weapons before I allow you on the team. (Just to make sure your capable)

Thanks for reading ~-_- Currently I'm studying for exams so the mod progress has slowed a bit. Should be back up again soon after exams. ;(:pumpking:

P.S what kinda spoilers do you want? (Full content? Terraria Style? Normal mod style?)

Attachments

• BarkDemonStaff.png
    BarkDemonStaff.png
    523 bytes · Views: 363
Last edited:
I've just added content Spoilers, Preface and a story! yay I also should have a WIP beta release this December. So I'm excited! Also if you want to beta test go t our discord. Thanks @PhoenixBlade for saying you'll do a banner and some sprites. It will be a big help

Last edited:
There haven't really been any above-ground biome mods that I've taken much interest in yet. But your notes on flora and other fine details are exactly what a new biome of this type need imo.

Both The Deepwoods and The Mire sound extremely interesting! Judging from their descriptions, can't wait to see what they look like once they're coming along more.

There haven't really been any above-ground biome mods that I've taken much interest in yet. But your notes on flora and other fine details are exactly what a new biome of this type need imo.

Both The Deepwoods and The Mire sound extremely interesting! Judging from their descriptions, can't wait to see what they look like once they're coming along more.
Thanks I've got some spoilers coming along soon. There will also be a couple more biomes eg. The Stone gardens, Riverrise and the Edge lands that im hoping to add later on. There will also be a major change to world gen (its a surprise).

the sprites are great! Seems like you are really putting detail into the biomes and i can't wait to see what they look like! keep up the good work dude xD

the sprites are great! Seems like you are really putting detail into the biomes and i can't wait to see what they look like! keep up the good work dude xD
Thanks its a bit of a struggle learning all the worldgen stuff but ill get there.

I personally don't use mods, but this one looks pretty good for a start. Also, I remembered that I had a few Edge Chronicles sprites laying around, and you're free to use them. Credit is all I ask for.
Gloamglozer.png
Gloamglozer's Robe.png
Red Glister.png

Gloamglozer, Gloamglozer's Robe and a Red Glister.
My suggestion, if you want my two cents, is that normal Glisters should be stackable vanity accessories which just add a little glowing Glister around you, and that the Red Glister should give some kind of bonus, possibly even a Gloamglozer transformation.
You'll have to do a bit of tinkering to get the stuff animated, but it shouldn't be too much.

I personally don't use mods, but this one looks pretty good for a start. Also, I remembered that I had a few Edge Chronicles sprites laying around, and you're free to use them. Credit is all I ask for.
View attachment 132572 View attachment 132573 View attachment 132574
Gloamglozer, Gloamglozer's Robe and a Red Glister.
My suggestion, if you want my two cents, is that normal Glisters should be stackable vanity accessories which just add a little glowing Glister around you, and that the Red Glister should give some kind of bonus, possibly even a Gloamglozer transformation.
You'll have to do a bit of tinkering to get the stuff animated, but it shouldn't be too much.
Wow thanks m8 I was thinking of adding the gloamgozer as a boss. Ill credit straightaway

dude this mod looks awesome! :D Ive read one of the books, but lost interest. Maybe this mod will grow my interest for the book XD can't wait 4 release! :D

First spoiler of the deepwoods biome is out. Still very WIP and needs a resprite. But it's coming!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom