Items The Fake ID

Would you like to see this in the game?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 41 47.7%
  • Sure!

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • It would be nice.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • I wouldn't really mind it being in the game.

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • I don't think that this is a good idea. (Please explain why)

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Have you ever wanted to easily change the name of your character without creating a new one and having to find new life crystals, mana stars, and life fruits?
Well I present to you:

The Fake ID
index.php

It is found rarely while fishing in any biome or depth. When used, it will bring up a small GUI box with one empty line of text. Then all you have to do is type in your new name, and Wa-la!, you have a new name. (And the Fake ID is destroyed in the process.) This will change the appearance of your name in multiplayer, who the NPCs refer to you as, etc.

Now I understand that certain files are based off of the character names, and my solution is to simply have it so when that when you use the Fake ID, the files stay the same, but after you use it there will be some parenthesis with new name that the player choose. For example, If my original name was SnailsAttack and I wanted to change it to AttackSnails, it would look sort of like this, minus the gobbledygook numbers at the end.
SnailsAttack(AttackSnails)

Thank you Molos Elethros for the amazing sprite! :)

I hope you have enjoyed this idea, and oblige you to check out some of other threads listed below. :D

I can roll with dis.
I currently use an inventory editor for the purpose of changing my character's looks and name (eye/skin colour, etc.)
And, no, I don't hack in items.

Last edited:
This would be so fantastic if I could change my name without an inventory editor.

So sad that you can't fish in the mobile mode. I hope Re-Logic adds fishing to the mobile mode.

Don't blame Re-Logic for the lack of fishing, blame 505. They're the ones that make the console and mobile editions.

This would be so fantastic if I could change my name without an inventory editor.

Don't blame Re-Logic for the lack of fishing, blame 505. They're the ones that make the console and mobile editions.
Dont blame anyone, 505 hasnt updated to that point, and will eventually

I like the basic idea but I'm not sure if fishing would be the most appropriate way to find a fake ID. I think it would be a good drop for mimics. After all, they pretend to be something else than they actually are. ^^

I like the basic idea but I'm not sure if fishing would be the most appropriate way to find a fake ID. I think it would be a good drop for mimics. After all, they pretend to be something else than they actually are. ^^
Well it just makes sense to me that it would be obtained through fishing. Besides, I don't want to gate it to hard mode.

code glue develops moblie and engine software develops the console versions :p

Good idea, if that will be added to the console version I will be able to change my old nickname electroshadow to knuxfanwin8 :D Also, maybe the Fake World ID can be added by the way. It could change the world's name.

I like this idea, though I suggest that maybe it can be obtained in a different way instead? Or in an alternate way too. Like as a drop from pirates, maybe?

Good idea, if that will be added to the console version I will be able to change my old nickname electroshadow to knuxfanwin8 :D Also, maybe the Fake World ID can be added by the way. It could change the world's name.
For that I'd just suggest letting you change it in the world selection menu.
I like this idea, though I suggest that maybe it can be obtained in a different way instead? Or in an alternate way too. Like as a drop from pirates, maybe?
I personally think that fishing just suits it best.

Back
Top Bottom