Mobile The game itself crashes and the worlds are inaccessible

Hazard29

Plantera
When I was playing the game, I just left the game in the multitasking bar and got back to the game after a few minutes.
The game went to the main screen and restarts like it always did, but this time, none of my worlds are accessible because every time I click on my worlds, the game itself crashes.
If I can't access those worlds, all the efforts I have done with my world would be a waste and those worlds would be literally lost.
Why is this happening?

This is the proof video.

Last edited:
That is super painful to watch. I'm sorry man. D:

I literally spent 6 months making buildings and crafting and defeating bosses.. all the way to the pumkin moon with no cheats, no duplicates, nothing not legit.
I think that terraria should at least repay the players with some resources like they did at version 1.2.8498.
I wonder when 505 games would fix this issue... I saw a lot of people on the internet struggling with their saves just like me.
I hope they could make the worlds accessible :(

I wouldnt recommend this, but you think you can reach all that again? Ever though about clearing the data and Cache from the Game in hopes of actually playing it again? I did that before.

I wouldnt recommend this, but you think you can reach all that again? Ever though about clearing the data and Cache from the Game in hopes of actually playing it again? I did that before.

Clearing the data cache? I also contacted the support at the same time I posted this thread, and they said that clearing the cache might help.
How can I do that?

505 Games would do themselves a big favor if they cleaned up the code to better handle times when someone switched back and forth between apps; as well as keep program integrity when the OS (whichever kind of OS) drops needed functions in memory every now and then when trying to make space.

I don't know what is going on there at 505 Gamss, but they really need to change something, because things are looking pretty bad at this end.

For others here that may not keep this in mind, I do have to say that unlike Desktop computers, mobile games load sheds (drops/removes) files in active memory as needed on a regular basis. Handling that as a programer has to be a royal pay in the :brain:, along with running it on hundreds of combinations of devices and OS platforms, which has their own quirks that has to be kept in mind. So these guys at 505 Games aren't stupid, even if on the surface it seems like it. It is very easy to criticize someone's work, especially when not keeping in mind how hard it is; so people do need to have some patients.

Anyway, I could tell right away that switching out of the game and back on made it very unstable, and soon had to stop myself from switching between apps; which is something I did often. It's pain, since it makes the game harder to work with, and closing down or crashing means dropping what you are doing and being teleported back to your spawn point, and lose anything that is still lose on the ground.

505 Games may have to rewrite some core parts of the game, since directly porting over from a desktop platform often doesn't go well (and visa versa). I don't know about others, but I don't particularly care if the code is the same as the Desktop version, just as long as the look is about the same and has the gameplay is about the same (with understandable modifications).

Back
Top Bottom