NPCs & Enemies The Hole Worm

Is this a good idea?

• I don't like either. (Specify Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
A fun new mob that I wish to add to the underground. It would spawn Post-Mech, anywhere underground. These would change, depending on the world size.

index.php

(Thanks for the sprite Pinelord!) :)
80 Damage
1000 Health
20 Defense
Modified Worm AI
Uncommon in the Underground Hallow, Extremely Rare in the Underground, Rare in the Caverns and Underground Dark Biomes. (Rare being about the spawn rate of goblin scouts)
Takes no Knockback
Deals Average Knockback
Drops 2-5 Golden Coins
index.php
Wormhole Staff 20%

The Hole Worm would have a unique way of movement, and, as it is named, when it is about to hit a wall or liquid, it will open up a portal that it then travels through. Afterwards, the second portal will open up behind another wall, and the worm will shoot through and try to hit the player. These portals will look like the ones created by the Wormhole Staff. If it succeeds, it will do around 80 damage, and keep going until it hits another cave wall or liquid. If there is not enough space for the worm to effectively preform this attack, it will begin a modified version in which it will glow purple, turn slightly transparent, and pass through blocks.

It will repeat this attack until the worm or the player dies. The player can not travel through the portals that the worm makes, since the portals are too small, usually 2 to 1.5 blocks in diameter. The worm makes futuristic wirring noises as it goes by.

If you enjoyed, please leave some constructional criticism and a like! Don't forget to check out the Wormhole Staff thread!

Last edited:
Great idea! I was wondering, though, how long would the portals that the worm opens up last before they disappear?

Thank you! I would probably say they would stay open as long as the worm is traveling through it, and maybe one second or so after that they would disappear. As for the portal gun, it would last around 2 minutes before disappearing.

No offense, but the name sounds dirty. BUT SUPPORT, because I think it was a well thought out suggestion and I would love to see someone die to one of these. :D

This sounds fun! Though I think you miiiight want to not let the player travel through the worm's portals.
Firstly, because the worm's portals might be smaller than the three blocks a player is large and secondly because suffocating doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. If you by chance fall through the floor and get stuck on a hardmode playthrough it's bye-bye.

What do you think of having smaller worms with like 15HP and 10ATK occasionally (like 1/3 chance) spawn once the worm exits a portal? The worm is calling his people to help him.
These little guys would flee as soon as the Hole Worm dies, but also travel through portals of their own. Tiny portals. Really cute ones.

Also, just an idea, but you mentioned colourful jewels. He could maybe drop a handful of gems. Like 1-3 of each with less chance the rarer the gem.

What do you think?

What do you think of having smaller worms with like 15HP and 10ATK occasionally (like 1/3 chance) spawn once the worm exits a portal? The worm is calling his people to help him.
These little guys would flee as soon as the Hole Worm dies, but also travel through portals of their own. Tiny portals. Really cute ones.
How does one make a portal cute?

So you can't shoot it when it's in walls like other worms? Sounds great! Just a question; What does the portal look like?

I could make a sprite for the worm if you want. Now you're thinking with portals!
Thank you! I'd very much like a sprite for it. ;)
This sounds fun! Though I think you miiiight want to not let the player travel through the worm's portals.
Firstly, because the worm's portals might be smaller than the three blocks a player is large and secondly because suffocating doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. If you by chance fall through the floor and get stuck on a hardmode playthrough it's bye-bye.

Also, just an idea, but you mentioned colourful jewels. He could maybe drop a handful of gems. Like 1-3 of each with less chance the rarer the gem.

What do you think?
Sure! Lets make the portals too small for the player so they can't go through. (I didn't think about the fact that worms open their portals behind walls) So that that is no longer a problem. And about the little worms, not sure those are really necessary, but its a fun idea. :3
And it shouldn't drop jewels, those are just for show. :)
So you can't shoot it when it's in walls like other worms? Sounds great! Just a question; What does the portal look like?
Like this but in terraria. And probably only the side of one. :p

This is actually pretty cool, but the 0.09% drop rate seems really unfair. i think you should increase it to something like 2%

i think it should have a 100% chance to drop a material used to create the portal gun, maybe i'm just unlucky, but i have never seen a rainbow slime spawn...

material name possibilities: warp crystal?, porgan? (portal organ), tele tooth?
my names are terrible
with such a rare chance for them to spawn and then such a rare chance for them to drop the gun, few people will ever get it without farming for days
(or cheating...)

i think it should have a 100% chance to drop a material used to create the portal gun, maybe i'm just unlucky, but i have never seen a rainbow slime spawn...

material name possibilities: warp crystal?, porgan? (portal organ), tele tooth?
my names are terrible
with such a rare chance for them to spawn and then such a rare chance for them to drop the gun, few people will ever get it without farming for days
(or cheating...)

Rainbow slimes during rain, and I meant the rarity that they spawn while it's raining. Also, its like the rod of discord, where you have to farm for days.
Also its only a 1/100 percent drop chance. :l
And my idea, not yours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom