tModLoader The Luggage (the loot slave pet)

jopojelly

Retinazer
tModLoader
RHhsOsg.png

The Luggage

Latest Download:
Mod Browser (in-game) - Direct link - Alt download link

Open to collaboration on GitHub
Discord:

What is it: This mod adds a new pet, a pet that is actually USEFUL!!
TheLuggageBuff.png

His name is The Luggage, and he is inspired from the Discworld book series. The Luggage is a pet that will follow you around just like any other pet, but he will also PICK UP LOOT for you.

Watch him in action below!

How to obtain:
Pet Summon Item:
OddKey.png
Odd Key
Recipe: 1 Chest
Chest.png
and 3 Life Crystals
Life_Crystal.png
crafted at a Demon Altar
Demon_Altar.png
Crimson_Altar.png

Notes:
Any item The Luggage picks up is immediately placed in the players inventory. By design, he will no pick up hearts, mana stars, or nebula armor buffs.

Suggestions for improvements and thoughts are welcome. If anyone wants to help me change the sprite to be more in line with the Discworld series, that would be amazing.

TheLuggage.jpg

Last edited:
Wow cool, but you can make he have a own inventory?
It might be possible....but it might not be possible. I'll look into it, but there are a lot of issues I can see with that. Mainly, you might lose everything he holds if you leave the world. I admit, it would be cool though....

It should be possible once ModPlayer is added. The separate inventory would be saved with the player, similar to the piggy bank.
Alright, then that functionality can come when tModLoader v0.6.1 is released.

I'm still kinda thinking going straight to the player inventory is a good idea too. Once others play around with it, I can get some feedback.

Alright, t
I'm still kinda thinking going straight to the player inventory is a good idea too. Once others play around with it, I can get some feedback.
If you like you can too make 2 versions of her: one more easy (inventory of player) and one harder to craft (own inventory). I already almost forgot, to no be so OP you can do a inventory small with 10 or 20 slots or what you like.

This is so cool, and cute!
The recipe seems quite... OP.. (cheap)
But again, mods are just amazing, no matter what ;-)

maybe different tiers of pets? some that have storage and some that use ur inventory?
looks amazing though

I love how this works, its amazing! A suggestion, if i may. What if you could use different kinds of chests to craft with the hearts, and depending on the type of chest you craft the key with, The Luggage would be the same. So like, you craft an Ice chest with 3 hearts. You'd get an The Ice Luggage or something. Maybe they could have varying stats as well? Just a thought! Looks awesome! ^w^

All very good ideas. I could even have one that just collect money.

I need ideas on a recipe that's not OP, but still accessible. (I'd like to have some form of this pet available pre-hardmode) I was thinking "Mimic Souls" could drop from mimics, but that's hardmode, but it's my only idea so far. I thought the heart crystals were good because usually you'd want those to increase you life, but I can see that it is still OP. Unfortunately, all the different chest are pretty equally available, so using a gold chest to get a better version as opposed to a brown chest would mean that there is no point in anyone ever using a brown chest. Shadow chests are viable, since you need to beat skeletron first to get the key to unlock and pick up them.

Maybe crafting recipes depending on the chest with different stats. Like, the wood chest would maintain the same, and it'd be faster than say, a gold chest at the downfall it can burn? A recipe for the gold chest maybe the gold chest, 3 heart crystals, 5 gold bars and a golden key. Maybe the wood chest could be opened by other players, and the gold chest only by its owner, and the gold chest cant burn, but it'd be slower.

How about making it a chance when you chop down any tree to get sapient pearwood instead of whatever it would normally drop. This could be used in the crafting recipe, and would make it a bit harder to get.

All very good ideas. I could even have one that just collect money.

I need ideas on a recipe that's not OP, but still accessible. (I'd like to have some form of this pet available pre-hardmode) I was thinking "Mimic Souls" could drop from mimics, but that's hardmode, but it's my only idea so far. I thought the heart crystals were good because usually you'd want those to increase you life, but I can see that it is still OP. Unfortunately, all the different chest are pretty equally available, so using a gold chest to get a better version as opposed to a brown chest would mean that there is no point in anyone ever using a brown chest. Shadow chests are viable, since you need to beat skeletron first to get the key to unlock and pick up them.
How about making it a chance when you chop down any tree to get sapient pearwood instead of whatever it would normally drop. This could be used in the crafting recipe, and would make it a bit harder to get.

What darthmorf said is a good idea. Although, the idea of using a shadow chest sounds good too. (since you have to beat Skeletron first)
The thing is with darthmorf's idea, it would make it more RNG again, which I think Terraria has enough. (lets face it, it'd be nice to have some sort of OP thing that isn't based around RNG .. *cough* slime stafff *cough*)

What darthmorf said is a good idea. Although, the idea of using a shadow chest sounds good too. (since you have to beat Skeletron first)
The thing is with darthmorf's idea, it would make it more RNG again, which I think Terraria has enough. (lets face it, it'd be nice to have some sort of OP thing that isn't based around RNG .. *cough* slime stafff *cough*)
The nice thing about RNG is it's easy to just raise the chance of it.
Trees aren't too hard to 'grind', either.

Hey all! tModLoader v0.6 is out, so go install it!

You can be one of the first to try out the integrated mod browser! Download/Install mods straight from Terraria!

Watch me install this mod, "The Luggage", within seconds in the video below!

Now that it is out, let me know what you think of it's behavior and suggestions you have!

Hey all! tModLoader v0.6 is out, so go install it!

You can be one of the first to try out the integrated mod browser! Download/Install mods straight from Terraria!

Watch me install this mod, "The Luggage", within seconds in the video below!

Now that it is out, let me know what you think of it's behavior and suggestions you have!
How does one add a mod to the browser?

Edit: figured it out.. Build & reload your mod.. then hit publish.
Also gonna try out this mod, seems really nice!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom