The Portal

galacticGammawave

Headless Horseman
The Portal
The tale of when a exploring group of Terrarians trying to save their world from the Corruption stumble upon a strange statue in the shape of a map brought back by crazy travelers, that takes them to a world they never knew existed... Ours.

Hey there, if anyone ever finds this, I am Matthew, of the Terrarian town of New CSO. I write this seemingly unbelievable tale from a new realm, one our people cannot understand. I have a lot to say, and not a whole lot of time to say it, as I am currently in a world in which I know noone, and seemingly cannot escape. How did I get to this round, curved world you ask? It began yesterday actually.

New CSO is the last surviving town of Terraria, and we wanted to keep it surviving, so our President sent 3 people and I on a quest to find a way to stop the Corruption, and return the world to it's former glory. When we went searching, we stumbled into a corrupted cavern. A rockslide locked us in, and there was a strange statue in the center of the cavern, with shimmering parts in the middle, colored blue and green, like oceans and land. My colleague Johansenn mentioned that it looked like a map travelers that had been declared crazy had brought back to our town, claiming that the answer to the Corruption problem is there. It looked like a portal to me, so I suggested that we enter it, hoping that a Corruption destroyer was in it's realm. So we entered, and I had no idea how bad this was going to be, until a mysterious shadow figure, holding a dark vial containing an unknown liquid in it, appeared a little after us, and threw it at the ground.

Well, now that we're here, we may as well get to work. The adventurers said that the "Corruption Purifier" was on the middle blob of green. So, we started to leave the room in which the statue was housed, and set to work to find someone, or something. We thought we would find more people like us, but they're ROUND! Round I tell you, I'm not crazy! They also are in a third dimension somehow. Also, we are apparently in it too. So, we asked around for a map and where we are, and we found a guy called Mark. He said that he could take us to the green thing, if we gave him some gold armor. It being easy to obtain, we gave some to him. I don't know why he thought it was so valuable though. He then took us to a giant white building with unusual wheeled machines like minecarts, but with roofs, there were also flying ones, and we got on one. We eventually got to the blob, which Mark called "'Murica". So, we found a map and set forth to a place called 'Tennessee," in hopes that it may have it, as the adventurers did mention a place that sounded like it. Well, that's all the time I have for writing today, and I hope that I can get back to this. But for now, I must go find the purifier and save our world!

Well, I decided to come along with these crazy people in hopes that I could get some adventure in my life, as I am, at the moment, a lonely mask salesman. I sell them, but barely can make a living off of them. Guess noone wants masks nowadays... So I hope I can find some sort of fortune with these guys, and to get away from my mask backpack... Pretty heavy, even if I do say so myself. Anyways, in Tennessee, we found a mountain range, and the explorers said that the thingamajig might be there. I think the mountains are called the Smoky Mountains actually, not sure why though. I don't see any smoke anywhere around here... So, Matthew pulled out a suspicious looking eyeball thing, and I asked, "Hey, what's that?" He said that it summons a giant eyeball at night, and that he needed it's supplies. And I said, "Does it hurt" and he said, "Maybe... :D" I then saw him pull out some bow made of an unusual purple metal along with some flaming arrows. And the eye appeared. Everyone (but me) pulled out a weapon and began hurting it, while all I had was a cup... I tried to through it at it, and it only became angrier, and its pupil and iris turned into a mouth! I then hid behind a rock and came back once the guys said that it was gone. But before that happened, I was conked in the head by some binoculars... So, I attached them to a string and brought them with me. Matthew then said that he could make a sword or bow for me, and he asked which. I said a bow, because I didn't want to die. He then placed an entire ANVIL and FURNACE (wonder how he stands, or carries them around) on the ground, and soon enough I had a bow. He decided to set up camp, and set to work building with 2 by 2 by 2 feet wooden planks, and soon enough we had a small town. Then a nurse with blond hair teleported into it somehow and healed everyone's wounds for some money. She even sewed someone's face back on! I then slept in a bed and in the morning everyone else screamed, saying something about that they never had been able to sleep on a bed before, which seems very unusual to me... Anyways, this is all I'll write today. And if something major happens, I'll get back to writing.

I have little time to write this, but I'm Luke and I live in England. You know, UK, and apparently now purple grass and flying stuff. Let me tell you the story, before the grass reaches me.
It all started a few days ago when a man in torn clothes and with a red hat through a vial of something into the American Embassy. He was arrested, and put in a blue, dragon shaped jail filled with skeletons of former convicts and paintings. The next day, the embassy was completely purple! The walls, floor, and even the grass outside! The next day, flying things began to appear, a phenomena scientists call "spawning". The grass kept spreading, and I'm in a plane with other people trying to get as far away as possible from it. If this is found, please tell the world this story, or if I find a way to stop it, please use it. Oh, turbulence... I may write more lat *the page is wet*

So, what do you think so far? If you want to read more of this, let me know! This is my first time writing Terraria Literature, so please don't go too rough on me. Also, if you made a story like this, let me know. I didn't see any, and will request a lock on this one if so. Anyways, thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Very mysterious, I like it! I have no literature skill even though Advanced L.A, still none. So maybe you can try to make a story based off of:
People in space very orderly like in a space base where they do the exact same thing every minute of every day, but an asteroid hits their station and they crash land on Planet X, the planet of their enemy, and one person is alive and has to revive the race and kill their enemies. Is that a good idea? (Keep working on this one I luv it <3)

New chapter!

Well, now that we're here, we may as well get to work. The adventurers said that the "Corruption Purifier" was on the middle blob of green. So, we started to leave the room in which the statue was housed, and set to work to find someone, or something. We thought we would find more people like us, but they're ROUND! Round I tell you, I'm not crazy! They also are in a third dimension somehow. Also, we are apparently in it too. So, we asked around for a map and where we are, and we found a guy called Mark. He said that he could take us to the green thing, if we gave him some gold armor. It being easy to obtain, we gave some to him. I don't know why he thought it was so valuable though. He then took us to a giant white building with unusual wheeled machines like minecarts, but with roofs, there were also flying ones, and we got on one. We eventually got to the blob, which Mark called "'Murica". So, we found a map and set forth to a place called 'Tennessee," in hopes that it may have it, as the adventurers did mention a place that sounded like it. Well, that's all the time I have for writing today, and I hope that I can get back to this. But for now, I must go find the purifier and save our world!

Last edited:
Haha, this is actually pretty interesting, if not funny
index.php

Keep it up!

Another new chapter XD

Well, I decided to come along with these crazy people in hopes that I could get some adventure in my life, as I am, at the moment, a lonely mask salesman. I sell them, but barely can make a living off of them. Guess noone wants masks nowadays... So I hope I can find some sort of fortune with these guys, and to get away from my mask backpack... Pretty heavy, even if I do say so myself. Anyways, in Tennessee, we found a mountain range, and the explorers said that the thingamajig might be there. I think the mountains are called the Smoky Mountains actually, not sure why though. I don't see any smoke anywhere around here... So, Matthew pulled out a suspicious looking eyeball thing, and I asked, "Hey, what's that?" He said that it summons a giant eyeball at night, and that he needed it's supplies. And I said, "Does it hurt" and he said, "Maybe... :D" I then saw him pull out some bow made of an unusual purple metal along with some flaming arrows. And the eye appeared. Everyone (but me) pulled out a weapon and began hurting it, while all I had was a cup... I tried to through it at it, and it only became angrier, and its pupil and iris turned into a mouth! I then hid behind a rock and came back once the guys said that it was gone. But before that happened, I was conked in the head by some binoculars... So, I attached them to a string and brought them with me. Matthew then said that he could make a sword or bow for me, and he asked which. I said a bow, because I didn't want to die. He then placed an entire ANVIL and FURNACE (wonder how he stands, or carries them around) on the ground, and soon enough I had a bow. He decided to set up camp, and set to work building with 2 by 2 by 2 feet wooden planks, and soon enough we had a small town. Then a nurse with blond hair teleported into it somehow and healed everyone's wounds for some money. She even sewed someone's face back on! I then slept in a bed and in the morning everyone else screamed, saying something about that they never had been able to sleep on a bed before, which seems very unusual to me... Anyways, this is all I'll right today. And if something major happens, I'll get back to writing.

Sorry about the wait, vacation happened.

I have little time to write this, but I'm Luke and I live in England. You know, UK, and apparently now purple grass and flying stuff. Let me tell you the story, before the grass reaches me.
It all started a few days ago when a man in torn clothes and with a red hat through a vial of something into the American Embassy. He was arrested, and put in a blue, dragon shaped jail filled with skeletons of former convicts and paintings. The next day, the embassy was completely purple! The walls, floor, and even the grass outside! The next day, flying things began to appear, a phenomena scientists call "spawning". The grass kept spreading, and I'm in a plane with other people trying to get as far away as possible from it. If this is found, please tell the world this story, or if I find a way to stop it, please use it. Oh, turbulence... I may write more lat *the page is wet*

Back
Top Bottom