Items The Regrowth Staff

zimberzimber

Terrarian
Confirmed to be in game by Cenx!

This item is good if you need to spread some grass, but I think it lacks a few features which would make it a lot more useful and worthwhile.

♦ It should grow jungle grass on mud
♦ It shouldn't destroy misc plants/grass
♦ It should grow moss on stone
- If there is no other moss stone in a radius of ~25 blocks, the moss will be random color.
- If there is a moss stone, the moss will have the color of the closest moss.
♦ When used on a sapling, it will speed up the processes of it growing
♦ When used on a herb it will increase its seed drops (if it blooms)

It was also suggested that moss would drop seeds which later can be planted on stone to spread.
The seeds color depends on the moss destroyed.

[The following was not confirmed]
I also though of another item which would work like the Regrowth Staff and the Clentaminator, I present to you, the Fountain of Life!
Now, it isn't just a fountain, its more of a Clentaminator with moss and overgrowth around it.
What it does, is function like the Clentaminator but replace dirt/mud with grass/jungle grass, but it has 1/4 the range.
♦ If you have solution equipped in the ammo slot, it will also spray the conversion stream which will convert the grass.
♦ If you have moss seeds the Fountain of Life will also convert stone into that color of moss, 1 seed per 5 streams.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Just curious, how will moss color be determined?
I though about it but couldn't come with a "stable" idea.
Making it random would cause a fine s^&$storm with OCD
Now I though of something:
If you hit a stone with the Regrowth Staff and there is no moss around(~25 blocks?), it will use a random color.
If you hit a stone with the Regrowth Staff and there is a close moss covered stone block, the color will be the same as the closest moss.

How about... both in one? (CTMT +fountain)
Consumes solution, and converts and grows at the same time.
P.S.: random idea for moss: "tall moss" now drops moss seeds, that can be crafted into purple-grey, blue-gray, green-gray, red-gray and yellow-gray solutions. Spread moss and won't have any other effect
PPS: making the fountain of life sold by the witch doctor?

I never use the staff though. :(
And now you will have a reason :)

This will actually make my thousands of staffs worth something. SUPPORT!
Yeah, I know that feel...

How about... both in one? (CTMT +fountain)
Consumes solution, and converts and grows at the same time.
P.S.: random idea for moss: "tall moss" now drops moss seeds, that can be crafted into purple-grey, blue-gray, green-gray, red-gray and yellow-gray solutions. Spread moss and won't have any other effect
PPS: making the fountain of life sold by the witch doctor?
Both in one is a bad idea because you can get the regrowth staff pretty early on.
I don't think it should consume solution, so I prepossessed mana instead.

I find the moss seed useless because honestly, how often do you find moss and want it spread slow as hell somewhere else?

No, because thats too early for such an item.

Well, I was thinking about some kind of "clentaminating fountain" actually, if that makes sense. Something powerful, yes, but definitely not something cheap.

Moss would pe purely aesthetical, and yes, they would be useless. But do you just know how many "purely aesthetical" items there are in this game?

I didn't say "life fountain as soon as QB is deafeated".
The which doctor gets a massive update of content post-plantera. Why not here? Or maybe between the two? 1 mech down?

Sorry if I hadn't made myself clear.

Well, I was thinking about some kind of "clentaminating fountain" actually, if that makes sense. Something powerful, yes, but definitely not something cheap.
What I said was the Clentaminator, that replaces dirt with grass, mud with jungle grass, and stone with moss.

Moss would pe purely aesthetical, and yes, they would be useless. But do you just know how many "purely aesthetical" items there are in this game?
I know, but in my opinion its butthurt to get and may sounds good on paper, but I don't see this working out.
Unless, we will use moss seeds as solution for the fountain of life to create moss stone

I didn't say "life fountain as soon as QB is deafeated".
The which doctor gets a massive update of content post-plantera. Why not here? Or maybe between the two? 1 mech down?
No, I find it more fitting to be crafted with the Clentaminaor.

Sorry if I hadn't made myself clear.
Thats ok :)

I'm gonna change a few things on the original post now, be sure to check back in ~10 minutes.

This is great! Total support! Only question: you described the fountain of life like something that you use like the clentaminator, but i think a fountain should be placeable. Do you hold it or place it?

This is great! Total support! Only question: you described the fountain of life like something that you use like the clentaminator, but i think a fountain should be placeable. Do you hold it or place it?
Its a Clentaminator with a different name and function.

Surprised that no one had thought of this before. Great idea!
approval-png.128929

Back
Top Bottom