Sprites The Secret Armory of the Arms Dealer - More weapons from the Arms Dealer!

Battle Bee

Terrarian
For an arms dealer, the Arms Dealer really doesn't have many guns to sell. What's the point of an arms dealer if he doesn't have any arms?
I'm here to resolve that! This suggestion is to make the Arms Dealer more than just an NPC for restocking on ammo, while also filling in some of the gaps in the available ranged weapons.

The Arms Dealer is now the direct source of 11 new ranged weapons - 9 of these can be bought, while 2 require Illegal Gun Parts to craft. He will sell different weapons depending on your progression, as well as conditions like the the time of day, the moon phase, etc.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Firstly, the Arms Dealer now sells Rocket Is after Skeletron is defeated!

Rocket_I.png

They go for 50
Copper_Coin.png
a pop.

This is because some of the weapons in this suggestion are early-game rocket/grenade launchers.
The Cyborg still is the main late-game source for rockets.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Now onto the main meat.

To clarify beforehand, weapons sold depending on the moon phase are also available at daytime. When I mean by "during the day of a X", I mean the entire in-game 24-hour period in which the X moon phase occurs at night... if that makes sense.

092S7z6.png

Thumper

33 Ranged damage
Weak Knockback
36 (Very Slow) Use Time

Sold by the Arms Dealer after Skeletron is defeated
Always available
Price: 40
Gold_Coin.png

A very early version of the Grenade Launcher that uses rockets, which can now be bought from the Arms Dealer. The Thumper's grenades, compared to the Grenade Launcher, have a harsher arc and lower velocity. The low damage and knockback are compensated for by the high damage and knockback from the Rocket Is themselves.

uaBD5Kw.png

SMG

13 Ranged Damage
Very Weak Knockback
11 (Very Fast) Use Time
Autofire

Sold by the Arms Dealer after Skeletron is defeated
Only available during a Blood Moon
Price: 50
Gold_Coin.png

The SMG is a competitor to the Minishark and a baby version of the Uzi, with the same low accuracy - except this one's even more inaccurate! It's a good option if you prefer full-auto over the Pheonix Blaster's semi-auto.

The weapon sprite in the player's hand is half the size of the original sprite, like the Handgun and the Uzi.

jPvMaw0.png

Silenced Pistol

16 Ranged Damage
Weak Knockback
13 (Very Fast) Use Time

Tooltip:
Allows you to go into stealth mode

Sold by the Arms Dealer in Hardmode
Only available during the days of a new moon or a full moon
25px-Moon-new.png
25px-Moon-full.png

Price: 32
Gold_Coin.png

While inferior to even the Handgun in terms of raw damage, the Silenced Pistol makes up for it with stealth. Holding the Silenced Pistol while standing still for a second puts you into stealth mode, just like the Psycho Knife, granting you +250% damage, +30% crit chance and double knockback, as well as making you hidden from enemies. Your movement speed is significantly reduced in stealth. Stealth is removed after a shot, and must be engaged again by standing still for one second.

The weapon sprite in the player's hand is half the size of the original sprite, like the Handgun and the Uzi.

pk1haQz.png

Panzerschreck

48 Ranged Damage
Strong Knockback
35 (Very Slow) Use Time
Autofire

Sold by the Arms Dealer after the Mechanical Bosses are defeated
Always available
Price: 60
Gold_Coin.png

The Panzerschreck is a mid-game launcher that shoots slow-moving rockets with high damage. While it has almost identical damage to the Rocket Launcher, it has a much slower rate of fire - it's pretty much a rocket sniper!

i2Dp1YI.png

Tommy Gun

31 Ranged Damage
Average Knockback
10 (Very Fast) Use Time
Autofire

Tooltip:
25% chance to not consume ammo

Sold by the Arms Dealer after either the Mechanical Bosses are defeated or the Frost Legion is defeated
Always available
Price: 75
Gold_Coin.png

A competitor to the Megashark and the Uzi! The Tommy Gun has higher damage and knockback than both, but at the cost of fire rate and being relatively expensive to get. It's also not as accurate as the Megashark, but not as inaccurate as the Uzi. It also has a chance for free ammo, which is lower than the Megashark.

AMMpcjO.png

Orbital Strike Button

115 Magic Damage
Strong Knockback
10 (Very Fast) Use Time
8 Mana Use

Tooltip:
Calls down a giant laser

Sold by the Arms Dealer after Mechanical Bosses are defeated and within the space biome
Always available
Price: 90
Gold_Coin.png

A very unorthodox weapon, the Orbital Strike Button is directly linked up to a laser killsat within Terraria's orbit. "Firing" the OSB will cast a thin, red laser similar to a laser pointer. The beam grows in size, until it becomes a whole block wide after 2 seconds and turns green. Up until this point, no damage is dealt and no mana is consumed.

Releasing the mouse button while fully charged will cause a big, red beam of light to shoot down from the sky, dealing massive damage to anything caught within. The laser looks similar to the Last Prism and the Phantasmal Deathray. Pointing the OSB at something will cause the laser to make its way over there, although it will move very slowly.

While the laser is active, the OSB will consume mana at a rate of 8 x 60/10 = 48 mana per second, and will only stop once you run completely out of mana. With 200 max mana, the OSB will fire for 4.166 seconds. During this time period you are unable to switch weapons, and are vulnerable.

u3PUCkK.png

Battle Rifle

108 Ranged Damage
18% Crit Chance
Strong Knockback
23 (Fast) Use Time

Tooltip:
Shoots a powerful, high velocity bullet

Sold by the Arms Dealer after Plantera is defeated
Only available during night time
Price: 1
Platinum_Coin.png

A sidegrade to the Sniper Rifle, the Battle Rifle has higher fire rate at the cost of less crit chance and damage per shot, as well as lacking a scoping ability. It shoots the same high velocity bullets as well.

ui28sm4.png

Bullet Hell

44 Magic Damage
Very Weak Knockback
8 (Very Fast) Use Time
3 Mana Use
Autofire

Tooltip:
Summons bullets

Sold by the Arms Dealer after Golem is defeated
Only available during a Blood Moon or during a Solar Eclipse
Price: 1
Platinum_Coin.png

This strange spell book summons physical bullets from an alternate dimension, where bullets are alive and dodge rolls reign supreme. When the Bullet Hell is cast, many bullets are shot from the edges of the screen towards the position of the cursor. The bullets will travel through blocks until they reach the cursor, at which point they will start colliding with them. The Bullet Hell's shots have velocity similar to the Megashark.

MQqAy7n.png

Elephant Gun

340 Ranged Damage
32% Crit Chance
Very Strong Knockback
48 (Extremely Slow) Use Time

Tooltip:
Shoots an explosive, high velocity bullet

Sold by the Arms Dealer after the Lunar Event is defeated
Only available during the days of a waning gibbous or third quarter
25px-Moon-2.png
25px-Moon-3.png

Price: 2
Platinum_Coin.png

This anti-materiel rifle is the final evolution of the Sniper Rifle, with much higher damage and an even slower fire rate. One unique feature of this weapon is that the high velocity bullets it shoots are also explosive, like Exploding Bullets! These explosions are smaller and don't have as much knockback compared to regular Exploding Bullets.

gFiJWR0.png

Coach Gun

59 Ranged Damage
Very Strong Knockback
44 (Very Slow) Use Time

Tooltip:
"One more step and it'll be your last"

Sold by the Arms Dealer after the Lunar Event is defeated
Only available during the days of a waxing gibbous or first quarter
25px-Moon-8.png
25px-Moon-7.png

Price: 2
Platinum_Coin.png

The term "ranged" is rather misleading when it comes to this weapon, as it is in essence a melee gun. The Coach Gun is the end-game shotgun weapon, firing 7 pellets in a very wide spread. But that's not all - every pellet that successfully hits an enemy increases the damage of the other pellets by 4%! This bonus is applied additively, so two pellets hitting will increase the damage of the third by 8%, three pellets by 12%, etc. This means that, if all 7 pellets manage to land on an enemy, you will deal in total 112% extra damage.

VrCEi1k.png

AU-47
(get it because Au is gold on the periodic table)

81 Ranged Damage
Weak Knockback
8 (Insanely Fast) Use Time
Autofire

Tooltip:
90% chance to not consume ammo

Sold by the Arms Dealer after the Moon Lord is defeated
Always available
Price: 11
Platinum_Coin.png

With this gun, you're simply too rich to consume ammo.
It's also inaccurate like the Uzi. Just pay someone to aim for you instead.

oE7Vjdd.png

Excaliber

104 Ranged Damage
22% Crit Chance
Strong Knockback
38 (Very Slow) Use Time

Tooltip:
Right click to zoom out

Crafted with:
1x Illegal Gun Parts
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png

15x Hallowed Bar
Hallowed_Bar.png

15x Soul of Sight
Soul_of_Sight.gif

At a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil

A Hallowed, lesser variant of the Sniper Rifle.
...Not much to say, really.

7ZpV4g7.png

Flak Cannon

28 Ranged Damage
Weak Knockback
28 (Average) Use Time

Crafted with:
1x Illegal Gun Parts
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png

8x Explosive Powder
Explosive_Powder.png

15x Iron or Lead Bar
Iron_Bar.png
Lead_Bar.png

20x Soul of Fright
Soul_of_Fright.gif

The Flak Cannon is a weapon that puts your shot-leading skils to the test. It shoots a rocket that explodes at the location of wherever the cursor was when you fired it, spawning 3 to 4 smaller explosions that happen one after another. These explosions deal the weapon's base damage. If the rocket hits anything beforehand, an enemy or a block, the extra explosions do not occur.

2uEGV7v.png

Blasterbuss

63 Magic Damage
Strong Knockback
32 (Slow) Use Time
22 Mana Use

Crafted with:
1x Shotgun
Shotgun.png

2x Lihzahrd Power Cell
Lihzahrd_Power_Cell.png

2x Illegal Gun Parts
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png

The Blasterbuss is basically a laser shotgun! It fires 4-6 Heat Ray-like red lasers in a wide, random cone. These lasers, while penetrating, are unique in that they aren't affected by the typical I-frames enemies have when hit by penetrating weapons. This means that an enemy can be hit by more than one laser, heavily increasing damage output.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

And that's that. Let me know how you feel about my suggestion, especially the balance of it! I might even add more weapons in the future if people are interested.

Last edited:
my only problem is: some weapons are underpowered for when they're gotten, such as the flak cannon. and some are overpowered, such as the excaliber. and lastly, i see jet black on the coach gun and au-47.

my only problem is: some weapons are underpowered for when they're gotten, such as the flak cannon. and some are overpowered, such as the excaliber. and lastly, i see jet black on the coach gun and au-47.
Keep in mind that the Flak Cannon would deal 68 damage on the main explosion (because Rocket I base damage is 40), and then you get 3 or 4 explosions with 28 damage.
The Excaliber might be a little bit too much, yeah.

What do you mean by "jet black" by the way?

Keep in mind that the Flak Cannon would deal 68 damage on the main explosion (because Rocket I base damage is 40), and then you get 3 or 4 explosions with 28 damage.
The Excaliber might be a little bit too much, yeah.

What do you mean by "jet black" by the way?
@adamzam thinks that #000000(pure black) shouldn't ever be used in sprites and would prefer this for the coach gun:
Imported piskel (4).png
(AU-47 doesn't use pure black, just a dark brown). In my opinion though, I think your sprites are amazing, and I agree that the Arms Dealer doesn't have enough weapons. Support!

@adamzam thinks that #000000(pure black) shouldn't ever be used in sprites and would prefer this for the coach gun:View attachment 134143 (AU-47 doesn't use pure black, just a dark brown). In my opinion though, I think your sprites are amazing, and I agree that the Arms Dealer doesn't have enough weapons. Support!
well, to be fair, jet black doesn't really blend with much of anything. sure it blends with other shades of black and dark grey but other than that it isn't a good color to use. also, @Battle Bee , you judge which looks better. the part-black barrels or the jet-black barrels.

Wow, amazing idea right there Battle bee, I sure hope you don't "shoot down" a star with those ;), I really want it in the next uptade (well...of the mobile and pc of curse), but isn't the elephant gun doing a lot of damage for a too slow time ? Because it's my favorite of them all along as the battle rifle :happy:
[doublepost=1471329448,1471329262][/doublepost]Add more if you want, but isn't it better to have them before hardmode, like the tommy gun, the smg or the coach gun ?

All cool ideas, these would definitely help in my ranged playthrough. And I do agree that the arms dealer should sell more weapons.

AU-47 best pun 2k16

Huh. What happened to some of the comments?

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread. Thought this was the Tactical Reload thread. So sorry! :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom