Weapons & Equip The Simian Strongbow: New bow for mid-Hardmode

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
So, I was thinking about a new bow that'll help archers during progression in between early HM and post-Plantera. This will remain useful for a while too. First off, a new monster that fixes the fact that there are no mammalian Jungle mobs except bats:

Gorilla
4000 max health
90 damage
40 defense
Fighter AI
These are very slow behemoths that spawn on the surface Jungle during a Blood Moon post-Mech, about as rarely as the Ice Golem. They occasionally throw banana peels that are left on the floor, damaging you and inflicting Confused 100% of the time for 7 seconds.
Drops:
  • Simian Strongbow 20%
And the Strongbow itself:

Simian Strongbow
45 ranged damage (plus 2x the arrow's damage, 1x for shards. Shards possess 50% of the bow's damage)
Strong knockback (halved for shards)
35 use time
Fires a giant version of whatever arrow you shot. These arrows possess no special effects, and they act identical to each other, except they burst into 3-6 of the arrow you shot like Crystal Bullets. This will take advantage of whatever arrow you shot, while still having a "transforming" effect.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Set up a farm for them before defeating the mech bosses and you got yourself a murder weapon in early hardmode. Maybe make it so that he drops a material, similar to the frost core, which you then combine with hallowed bars to get the bow? Giving it a low use time barely justifies its insane damage, especially combined with strong arrows.

Set up a farm for them before defeating the mech bosses and you got yourself a murder weapon in early hardmode. Maybe make it so that he drops a material, similar to the frost core, which you then combine with hallowed bars to get the bow? Giving it a low use time barely justifies its insane damage, especially combined with strong arrows.
Okay then. I'll make it spawn after all 3 mechs are defeated, and reduce the drop rate.

And I'll reduce the damage a bit.

Try 45 ranged damage, with the arrow dealing 100% dmg and the shards doing 50%. Then it might be a cool hardmode weapon.

Yep. That sounds much fairer. As of earler it'd have kicked my beloved Hallowed Repeater out of the game in seconds.

2x arrow damage? 45 + (4 x 2) = 53
If we've got wooden arrows, but with venom arrows
45 + (17 x 2) = 79
+ insane knockback.
Maybe change the knockback to strong? Because it would have one of the biggest knockback values with hellfire arrows.
We don't know the use time, that is missing. And the velocity of the fired arrows.
But the idea is pretty good.

2x arrow damage? 45 + (4 x 2) = 53
If we've got wooden arrows, but with venom arrows
45 + (17 x 2) = 79
+ insane knockback.
Maybe change the knockback to strong? Because it would have one of the biggest knockback values with hellfire arrows.
We don't know the use time, that is missing. And the velocity of the fired arrows.
But the idea is pretty good.
Good idea about the knockback. And the Use Time is there. Look again.

Back
Top Bottom