Items The Sortifier

Beezwax&Nectar

The Destroyer
Terraria has thousands of items. Storing them is a pain.

So: I propose the Sortifier.

This item is sold by the Mechanic for 1 platinum coin.

What does it do?
This block is a 3x3 Structure
The first thing you must do is hook up the Sortifier to every chest you want to use in your sorting system with wires.
The Sortifier Will then grant a new option: putting items into player-specified categories.

How do you do this? It’s fairly simple
First, you right click the Sortifier to bring up the Sortifier’s GUI, which will appear like the reforging GUI. Drag an item from your inventory into the GUI.
Then, a button will appear saying “Create New Category”.
From there, you can type in the name of the new category of items. You can later categorize other items into this category.
You can put items in again to change what category they fall into.

Chests hooked up to the Sortifier now have a new option: “Select Category”.
From here, this creates a sort of “whitelist” style option for sorting items. Items that don’t fall into the category specified would not be allowed inside this chest.
It would automatically sort items alphabetically inside this chest, ignoring modifiers.

If an item is already categorized, there is a new button: “Store Stack”

But here’s the hook: These categories are permanent, between worlds and between characters. So, if you place down a sortifier in another world, the categories from your last playthrough would remain.

This item may be a bit complicated, but that's why it's a WIP.

The thing I need more is being able to craft every item in one place, not running between between crafting tables and chests.

This would be really helpful. I'm only in early hardmode and I have 6 chests that are completely full, and I can never remember if an important item is in a chest or I put it in trash.

Back
Top Bottom