The story of Samrux, the dungeon paladin. (+Pencil drawings!)

Samrux

Santa Claus

As an introduction; Hi, I'm Samrux, the paladin [...]

This thread has been edited out of its existence, because it conflicts with and/or spoils the new story I am writing.
You can find it here. I promise that this time, it will be much better. You can also find the drawings previously attached to this thread here.

February 14th update:

Samrux looks around in melancholy. His eyes, pale. His skin, rotting. His soul, frozen in space. Little does he know, that like two thousand others since his curse began, a Valentine's day has just passed, in the overworld.
Even if he realized, little would it mean. The passing of time means nothing to him. No day is different from any other. Why then would he lament about the lack of any hope for love, since he more importantly lacks any hope for life, or freedom?
Samrux, even if he knew, should and would not worry about such humanly things. Not anymore.

Last edited:
Great story, really liked it back TO and I like it here too, can't wait to see it to be developed further.
Thank you!
SamLov

New update!
Today's drawing was requested by Dathomorf in the art thread. I, of course, adapted it to the lore. It features an evil alchemist of Samrux's era. The rest should hopefully be explained in the paragraphs I wrote about it.

I updated the OP, too.

-Edited out-

Edit 2/11 - Updated the OP giving it a smoother, nicer and more formal presentation than before. Now it actually sounds interesting to read (I hope so!).

Last edited:
New Update!: The Muramasa

Muramasa.png

I also added a proper story to the Necromancer drawing in the OP. Enjoy!

The story is inside this spoiler.
-Edited out-

Last edited:
Oh... so YOU were the one who killed me so many times! Oh, I want my revenge so badly! I have killed many of your brethren, but they keep coming back!

(Amazing story by the way!)

New Update!: The Jungle

Jungle.png

I also updated a little the entire rest of the thread: Some adjustments and consistency, you know, to keep making the thread more interesting to read.

The story is inside this spoiler:
-Edited out-

divider.png

Oh... so YOU were the one who killed me so many times! Oh, I want my revenge so badly! I have killed many of your brethren, but they keep coming back!

(Amazing story by the way!)
Others of my kind? Paladins? They sure couldn't have been of the times of The King. I am the only in The Dungeon.

Last edited:
Gorillas? What? I've never heard of a "gorilla!" Also, I've been wondering what the King's name was... Could it have been Pumpking?

The King's name I don't remember.

You have never heard of a gorilla? That's normal! They're such rare creatures, at least they were back then~

A nice story mate, depicts well how it would be the life of an immortal man, cursed to stay forever inside a colorless and gruesome building, with the only escape being death

By the way, will there be more?

A nice story mate, depicts well how it would be the life of an immortal man, cursed to stay forever inside a colorless and gruesome building, with the only escape being death

By the way, will there be more?
Death? I wish I could face death.

Thanks for having read it :3!!

Yes, there will be more
SamHpy
what would you like reading about?
You can check my other two threads if you want~ (Is that bad self-advertising? Oh well).

Last edited:
Death? I wish I could face death.

Thanks for having read it :3!!

Yes, there will be more :D what would you like reading about?
You can check my other two threads if you want~ (Is that bad self-advertising? Oh well).

Don't know, maybe a fight between a skilled melee player and you. That would be interesting.
(Or maybe you getting out of the dungeon, that'd be cool)

New Update!: The Jungle

Jungle.png

I also updated a little the entire rest of the thread: Some adjustments and consistency, you know, to keep making the thread more interesting to read.

The story is inside this spoiler:

Monsters roamed our world. All around the land, and in the caves, in the depths, in the sky. The Kingdom was a safe place surrounded by the dangers of what is natural and what is not.

Expeditions took place to explore such dangerous lands. In a jungle, far away, creatures never to be seen here were found: Mutant fruit bats, spiked slimes, piranhas, gorillas, and many more. The dense vegetation of that place was beautiful but threatening. It extended as far as the eye could see. I was one of many people in commandment of The King sent to explore that place.

We were all paladins.

In this jungle we found a civilization not of humans, but of humanoid creatures, looking like lizards. It was flourishing just as ours. The language and our differences were a huge barrier preventing a real connection. As representatives of our race, we attempted to show them our culture and riches, but our wisdom was not enough to manage this unexpected event. Later, we left the jungle to never return.

After I was cursed, I don't know what became of the lizard-men. Did The Kingdom try other encounters? I might never know.

I couldn't take the memories of my first glances of The Jungle out of my head. I spent hours perfecting every detail of this drawing: Now the memory will live forever.

Those were the times before it all started to go dark.

divider.png

Others of my kind? Paladins? They sure couldn't have been of the times of The King. I am the only in The Dungeon.
Well that makes me feel better about going to the HM dungeon for a killing spree :D

Back
Top Bottom