Items The Weed Wacker

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
If you've ever tried to clear a lot of grass by hitting it with a pickaxe, you'll know it's quite annoying. Especially when your pickaxe is so powerful it breaks the dirt too. So heres a cheap, simple alternative.

Weed Wacker
Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
x15
Wire.png
x10
A very simple item that will only be able to interact with grass blocks. When you use it, it will convert any grass blocks that are 10 blocks adjacent to the one clicked on into regular dirt blocks. This can be useful for if you want to slow the spreading of dark biomes via grass blocks, or even just get rid of a bunch of grass if you don't like grass for some reason. It also removes moss and jungle grass.

Very simple idea, not much to say. It does 15 damage.

Last edited:
Y'know, some part of me almost read this as "Pesticide". Because, um, your name happens to be "SnailsAttack"...

Anyways, it's an alright premise, but I dunno if it should be a powder. Maybe a new tool would be better suited for the job, something along the lines of a Weed Whacker. People tend to feel better about suggestions that don't use consumable items, at least in my experience.

Y'know, some part of me almost read this as "Pesticide". Because, um, your name happens to be "SnailsAttack"...

Anyways, it's an alright premise, but I dunno if it should be a powder. Maybe a new tool would be better suited for the job, something along the lines of a Weed Whacker. People tend to feel better about suggestions that don't use consumable items, at least in my experience.

Sure, I'll change it!
wait did you seriously just reply to this 3 minutes after I made it...
what do you do all day?

Sure, I'll change it!
wait did you seriously just reply to this 3 minutes after I made it...
what do you do all day?
Never complain about a response. I love getting responses early, it helps me improve my suggestion right off the bat.

Anyway, I like it! Maybe there can be a thing like road salt to stop icicle growth, I dunno.

And moisture deprivations to prevent stalactite growth? (stalactites are created from water seeping through rocks and dripping down. Science is over children!)
Sure, why not?

So having done some clearing recently, I agree with this even more than my previous Like. But in the spirit of providing a useful comment: The Weed Whacker should also clear moss from stones. (And Jungle/Mushroom grass from Mud, but that's kind of implied in the OP.)

So having done some clearing recently, I agree with this even more than my previous Like. But in the spirit of providing a useful comment: The Weed Whacker should also clear moss from stones. (And Jungle/Mushroom grass from Mud, but that's kind of implied in the OP.)
Ok!

Good idea! However I think the weed whacker shouldn't kill bugs. Because pickaxes will if you are careless.

+1 support!

Odd, but maybe add a pressure plate to the crafting recipe so it looks like it has a button making it
Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
+1 support

Very nice suggestion, it's annoying when you want to remove grass and you have to do it with a pickaxe.
But there are a couple problems/questions/improvements/whatever
a) it would be pretty op for gathering bait, because grass can't grow on straight dirt, but that's not that big a deal
b) how does it work when block are going down/diagonally, like would it remove grass only on ten blocks directly to the side and only on the same level as the block you clicked on, or would the ten blocks extend down the sides of blocks.
c) wait, so is this a weapon, because you said it does 15 damage. In my opinion it should just be a tool like but net or wrench and not do any damage

anyway a big SUPPORT

it would be pretty op for gathering bait, because grass can't grow on straight dirt, but that's not that big a deal
It would be terrible for gathering bait, since you'd have to wait for the grass to grow back before you could harvest anything.

I'm pretty sure that the weed whacker would have an area of effect like the drill containment unit.

on an unrelated note i forgot to like the original post lol

It would be terrible for gathering bait, since you'd have to wait for the grass to grow back before you could harvest anything.

I'm pretty sure that the weed whacker would have an area of effect like the drill containment unit.

on an unrelated note i forgot to like the original post lol
I mean like just for a once-over, not for farms or anything.

Back
Top Bottom