PC Tier List Megathread

652Graystripe

Plantera
A quick reference to my three "tier list" threads - community input is greatly appreciated.

It's a fact: some weapons are better than others. This thread is intended as a community-input encyclopedia on what weapons are the best and worth getting, pretty decentand useful, or not so useful at all. This also includes the "piece of crap" category, also known as the Unholy Trident.

When commenting as to why you think a weapon should be moved up or down, be sure you formulate a logical argument. "I like this weapon" or "I did something cool with this weapon" doesn't count. What we like most here are factual, stat-backed-up responses that can be done by anyone - just play around with the weapon and you'll see.

The following variables are taken into consideration:

-How much damage does the weapon do?
-Is it a single- or multi-target weapon?
-How useful is it in a variety of scenarios?
-Is it extremely useful in a single scenario?
-Is it difficult to get ammo or mana to sustain it?
-How hard is it to obtain?
-Any other factors that determine its usefulness, such as accuracy?

The thread covers all weapons that are available between the start of the game and the Wall of Flesh's defeat. Keep in mind that all weapons are not tiered against each other; they are tired judging by the next credible threat. For example, the Wand of Sparking might be balanced against underground monsters, while the Diamond Staff would be balanced against the Goblin Invasion and Skeletron.

If you disagree with this thread, feel free to tell me. It's only starting with my opinions; it will be changed according to that of the community. I am only the poster for something that I hope will become much larger. Thanks.

Pre-Hard Mode
Early to Mid-Hard Mode
Late Hard Mode
Accessories, Armor, and Mounts

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom