tModLoader [tModLoader] AeONS of Terraria (base)

fractalxx

Terrarian
og4NXnN.png

Thank you for nearly 20000 downloads in the mod browser!

Welcome players and fellow modders!

This mod has a big past, at first I only tried to make some custom weapons during the tConfig times. After that, tAPI came and I decided to start on a bigger project.
Now, tModLoader is getting better and better and we're already able to make really complex mods.

The aim

This mod never really had an aim. I rarely have any strict ideas for a theme. I like to add, modify, tweak, and improve. That's all.
There are lots of items which are references to other games. See if you can recognize all of them!

Content

v1.0b is out and I created a new system to help progressing from early game to end game.

- A new crafting station called "Ancient Transmuter" (crafted from 15 iron or lead bars) which will allow for crafting improved weapons from a given ore. Just stand next to it, open your crafting menu and look for True cores. The ingredients for them are your existing weapons. True cores for a certain ore tier will be created from them. True cores are used in the crafting of the new weapons.
- There is a unique core named "Rare" which can be crafted from most rare items, accessories like Rod of Discord, Ancient armors (basically everything that's rare and hard to obtain), and can be used to craft another rare item.
- Available tiers (with the core's name in the brackets): Iron/Lead (Aes), Gold/Platinum (Fortis), Demonite/Crimtane (Malum), Hellstone (Infernum), Cobalt/Palladium/Mythril/Orichalcum/Adamantite/Titanium (Sanctus), Hallowed (Caelum), Spectre/Beetle/other hardmode jungle stuff (Ferus), Solar/Vortex/Nebula/Stardust/Luminite (Lunar), and the unique core (Rare).

Armors are not implemented, yet. They may get done in a new update. These weapons are meant to be a help in progressing throughout the game.

Last but not least

I (and every modder I think) owe thanks for bluemagic123 for creating tModLoader, and helping us understanding it in depth. Even though we have programming skills, it's never been easy to get used to an API without further help.
Other credits go to:
- Re-Logic for creating an awesome game.
- The community for not giving up even though it's been hard to get the game to be moddable.
- tAPI's creators for their Template Mod (I used the spear's code for one item, as I just couldn't solve it by myself.)

Bugs are always there so if you try the mod, feel free to report bugs or things that I've forgotten even though I mentioned it.

v1.0.1
- Added Soul of Light to the recipe of the Rod of Discord, so it's not obtainable too early.
- Added Rare core recipe for Shiny Red Balloon, Starfury, Lucky Horseshoe.

v1.0.1.1
- Removed Shinigami for further use.
- Proper recipe given to the Ansatsu. (50 True Core Lunar, 10 True Core Rare)
- Updated to tModLoader 0.6.

v1.0.1.2
- Fixed a bug where Aquatic Dream wouldn't consume any ammo.
- Updated to tModLoader 0.7

v1.0.1.21
- Updated to tModLoader 0.7.1.1

v1.0.1.22
- Removed testmode which allowed players to add items in with a command.
- Updated to tModLoader 0.8

v1.0.2.0
- Updated some hardmode recipes so they are not craftable too early.
- Added some rare core recipes. (thanks to GenericQueso)

v1.0.2.1
- Updated to Terraria 1.3.1 and tModLoader 0.8.1

v1.0.3
- Fixed all (or most of?) Rare core recipes, so they're not obtainable too early (again).
- Updated to Terraria 1.3.2 and tModLoader 0.8.3.1

I'd appreciate if you reported the items, recipes I forgot.

Attachments

• AeonsOfTerrariaV103.zip
    311 KB · Views: 1,550
Last edited:
broken zip file.I get the zip file is invalid error.Turns out you have to use 7zip or winrar to get it to extract

Yeah, my bad, I compressed it again, now in real zip (the other was a rar renamed to zip), I uploaded it, now it should work.
Also uploaded images to another host, I think it is better.

There may be some useless files in the source, that's because I ported it from tAPI after tModLoader came out, but they'll be eventually in the mod later.

Dang that optic blade looks OP, 1k crits?

I know, not only because the 1k crit, (it would be outmatched by the speed of the minigun), the Razor blades actually own everything.
I'd like to have the same concept, but with balance. It's still in the first phases though.
The original idea was to have the sword become stronger each hit, resetting after 3-4 hits.
Now it has a chance (20%) of dealing damage equal to its base damage + random value from 50-600. <- will change it, of course.

it is supposed to be a post moon lord item so it is op for a reason.

True, but I still need to decrease the damage just by a little bit, and buff the other two, cause even though they're post Moon Lord, too, they don't live up to their place.
Still, if you use it against flying bosses it's not so easy to use a melee weapon without projectiles. That sword just has a random chance to shoot one but if you can hit it directly with the sword it would still just have a chance to deal massive damage.

Finally, I forgot to mention that they're craftable for free at the moment, for testing purposes. I would appreciate it, if others could test it in some cases, and on bosses, too.

Last edited:
I know, not only because the 1k crit, (it would be outmatched by the speed of the minigun), the Razor blades actually own everything.
I'd like to have the same concept, but with balance. It's still in the first phases though.
The original idea was to have the sword become stronger each hit, resetting after 3-4 hits.
Now it has a chance (20%) of dealing damage equal to its base damage + random value from 50-600. <- will change it, of course.

True, but I still need to decrease the damage just by a little bit, and buff the other two, cause even though they're post Moon Lord, too, they don't live up to their place.
Still, if you use it against flying bosses it's not so easy to use a melee weapon without projectiles. That sword just has a random chance to shoot one but if you can hit it directly with the sword it would still just have a chance to deal massive damage.

Finally, I forgot to mention that they're craftable for free at the moment, for testing purposes. I would appreciate it, if others could test it in some cases, and on bosses, too.
There is a file called gravity distorter but it seems uncraftable atm.Is it su pposed to be a gun?

There is a file called gravity distorter but it seems uncraftable atm.Is it su pposed to be a gun?

There may be some useless files in the source, that's because I ported it from tAPI after tModLoader came out, but they'll be eventually in the mod later.

That was a bow but I will implement it once tModLoader gets support for projectiles fully.
I can't show it to you at the moment but it was a weapon for rangers which shot a golden arrow with a purple bulb that exploded into multiple demon scythes in the air or on contact. They formed a purple sphere.

Also there is a Looters Pouch, which is accessible in the mod, but has no use at the moment, as it's not finished. It would be an accessory which increases chance of getting loot from any mob.

Quite a delightful little mod. Maybe, try to add some early game weapons too, to balance it out? :D

Thanks for the comment. :)
This mod is going to be an all-in styled mod so there will be early game and new end game things if i'll have the time.

it is supposed to be a post moon lord item so it is op for a reason.

yeah okay, you're right. I shouldn't complain. Moon Lord is the end-game anyway.

An update is coming which will not just be a test mod, it will include useful content for early and late-game too.

Aquatic Dream (ranged):
256 ranged damage
Converts arrows into a burst of water bolts.
Uses only one arrow.
QU6BZkz.png

Terramere (melee):
256 melee damage
An exact fusion of the Terra blade and Meowmere.
Shoots cats, and sword beams at once, which are not affected by gravity.
GCdVWep.png

New features in the upcoming update:
- A new crafting station called "Ancient transmuter" which will allow for some existing crafted items to be destroyed to gain materials for better crafts.
- Every ore tier will have it's own material extracted from their crafted items. These will be called "Cores" and will serve to craft better items.
- This means it'll be compatible with almost any ore from early game to end game.

The mod has been released officially. Everything's in the OP. Thanks for everyone's help.

Sick! Thanks for the source! That was really helpful! :)

Feel free to use the source, I'm not that "stealing code is a sin" kind of person, just give me the credit if you use something from it.

The mod has been released officially. Everything's in the OP. Thanks for everyone's help.

Feel free to use the source, I'm not that "stealing code is a sin" kind of person, just give me the credit if you use something from it.
Rod of discord can be obtained prehardmode by using the Rare item.Maybe add a soul of night to the recipe to prevent it.And one of the things i want is for a way to craft the balloons so you dont have to keep craeting worlds just to get one accessory.

Last edited:
Rod of discord can be obtained prehardmode by using the Rare item.Maybe add a soul of night to the recipe to prevent it.And one of the things i want is for a way to craft the balloons so you dont have to keep craeting worlds just to get one accessory.

Woops, I forgot it. I made it so rare items can't be obtained too early, but forgot about Rod of Discord.
Updated.
I should've mentioned that I'd appreciate if you reported the items I forgot.
Balloon, Horseshoe, Starfury added.

What I want to achieve with this content is to save hours of farming when RNG just won't partner with us. So feel free to list some rare items I missed.

In the next update I'll be focusing on making the Transmuter drop from an enemy (maybe custom?) instead crafting it from Iron/Lead bars (It just doesn't fit I guess, but at that time there were more restrictions to tModLoader), balancing the items (I'm terrible at that) and fixing bugs. New content may only come when I'm done with these.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom