NPCs & Enemies Town NPC ideas. And what are yours?

happyW12

Terrarian
(Ooo, my first post!)
So, this post is about town NPCs and ideas I have for more NPCs. Don't be shy, post your ideas!!

My ideas:

The blacksmith:
Physical description: With a black beard and a leather apron
Requirement: Get an anvil, or will move in a house with a furnace and an anvil
Function: Sells unique weapons and armour named after mythological or historical weapons and armour like Mjölnir, a xiphos, etc...

The botanist:
Physical description: In a white blouse and glasses
Requirement: Get a herb
Function: sells herbs or their respective seeds. Sells unique herbs (which could replace fish in potions. Or would that be too much?)

The cultist:
Physical descriptiom: Dressed in black robes and leaves a trail of black runes (like the ones created by the Rune robe)
Requirements: Kill all the bosses (except the BoC or EoW, depending on your world).
Function: Summons a boss (they aren't affected by terrain, so you could fight the EoW in the Hallow) and gives rewards. Could also summon new, epic bosses!

The miner:
Physical description: Garbed in Mining armour
Requirements: ?
Function: Sells the alternate ores not present in your world (including hardmode ores, when you get them) Transforms ores into their alernate version.

The little monster:
Physical description: blond wig
Requirements: ?
Function: Sells Lady Gaga related items

OK, forget that last one. It will never exist due to copyright. But still, wouldn't it be cool if it existed? No? OK...

And those are my ideas. I might post more. What are YOUR ideas? Please share, maybe the devs will see this post!

Last edited:
Thank you for noticing this post AND answering! I started feeling like I exist here!
Oh, and I just noticed the amount of typos I did. My hands don't really like the keyboard.

My new suggestions:

The fisherman:
Physical description: A taller Angler
Requirement: Get a fishing pole (?)
Function: Sells fish, but the catch is that they're quite pricy (because fishing would be useless if you could just buy the fish, so I think a high price will compensate). Could also just sell bait instead.

The shady guy:
Physical description: An Arms Dealer with a Crimson/Corruption cloak
Requirement: Defeat Brain of Cthulhu or Eater of worlds
Function: Converts Corruption materials into Crimson materials, and visa-versa.
(Could be a Shady Guy in Crimson worlds and a Butcher in Corruption worlds)

Your ideas:

The Biologist:
Physical description: ?
Requirement: ?
Function: Binds pet items together.
My idea: Could bind minions and pets together (Who doesn't want BunnyNado instead of Sharknado?). Could be a Dark mage instead of a biologist.
(Thank you Krypnoda and stormconure for that one)

The Astronomer:
Physical description: ?
Requirements ?
Function: Says the amount of days until next Blood moon or Solar eclipse and could be paid to make one of those events happen sooner.
(Thank you theclownfish II and towerator for your ideas)

Thank you for your suggestions!! Don't be scared of adding the physical description and requirements (and sprites, if you want to). Please add more! MOAR!! BUAHAHA!!!

Last edited:
The Fisherman would be mostly redundant, as it would be simpler to just make the Angler sell bait.
The miner would be OP, due to him outright selling the ores, which would make them too easy to get.
Same for the botanist, who should sell unique plants instead of already-existing ones.
The Blacksmith should simply require breaking at least one demon altar or finding HM ore for the first time. He should simply allow the player to combine weapons, as long as they deal the same kind of damage, and have similar behaviour (Melee weapons) or the same kind of ammo (Ranged weapons), as making a Molten Fury Minishark would be OP, with the stats consisting of the average of the damage of both weapons, the use time of the fastest weapon, and the behaviour from both weapons, with some exceptions, such as merged ranged weapons which involve only one automatic weapon being always automatic.

Paladin
Physical Description: Wears paladin armor, however is player sized
Requirements: Defeat the Fallen Hero boss
Function: Sells paladin/warrior themed items (such as The Sword of Truth, Flail of the Hero and Paladin's Warhorn), can also be hired for one day/night for a single platinum, in which case he will use a Paladin's Shield and either a Paladin's Hammer, the Sword of Truth or the Flail of the Hero and follow you, fighting enemies. When his contract expires he'll return to his house, unless you pay him again.

I tweaked the Blacksmith's function (and appearance slightly) and mentioned who gave me the ideas when I reposted them (sorry, I should have really done it before).
Thank you for the critiques and suggestions!
(I have no ne ideas at the moment. They might come later).
Edit: I also tweaked the Shady Guy slightly...

Last edited:
Hello! It's me again! OK, so this new idea is a mess of alternate things:

The Necromancer/The Ancient Greek Nerd/The Dead Hero:
Physical description: As Necromancer, dressed in black robes. As Nerd/Hero, garbed in ancient Greek armour (could have name of historical figures, like Pericles or Leonidas) (as Hero, slightly transparent)
Requirement: I don't know, something manly, like defeating a certain amount of ennemies or bosses, reaching a certain wave of an event, getting a blood moon...
Function: Could either summon/resuscitate Ancient Greek soldiers or spartoi* (like minions, only you can give them weapons) (that aspect would apply to all, exept maybe the Nerd). Could instead sell Antiquity-themed (or mythology-themed) items, like spears, shields, swords, lightning-bolts, armour, dragon teeth for summoning spartoi... That aspect wouldn't apply to the Necromancer.

*Spartoi aren't the same as the ancient Greek soldiers. Sorry for the ambiguous sentence.

Protector Npc
Requirement : killed 1000 monsters
1000 health
35 defence
attracts enemies.
when damage is dealt to other enemies, 90% damage is dealt to the Protector, guarding the npc. 50% of the damage dealt by the monster attacking the NPC is returned.

Not bad. I like these ideas.

Mine?

Miner:
Sells minecart related objects, pickaxes (new ones not craftable), torches (normal+custom), and new mine related blocks.
Moves in after acquiring the demolitionist and mechanic

I just think it would be great to have "guardians" protecting the village against creatures or other players (red clan, blue clan...). It would be awesome if we could "clone" ourselves, generating a NPC with basic commands, like "Guard", "Hold", "Patrol from A, B, C... to ...Z". Maybe an unique ore or crystal that spawns on deep underground. This magic material could be use to craft a totem, altar, statue or something like that.
After placing the furniture, you just need to click on it to spawn a magic copy of your self (without any armors, weapons or items). Then we could "equip" our "guardians" like we do with mannequins. Every time a guardian dies, he wait some time to respawn on the furniture. And, of course, they would appear in the map like a crystal with the color of the clan (if no clan is set, they still visible only for the creator).
Now, just imagine the possibilities... Our creations would be more "alive". Our gigantic structures would be for something, and not just empty dead places. Imagine a clan war! Imagine future strategic configurations, future siege mechanics!
For now I can just dream with something like that... ^^

Back
Top Bottom