Items Transmutation Reactor - Extractinator Upgrade for off-world Ore conversion

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Okay, so the idea is to have an item which converts ores into other ores. Specifically, the special alternate ore types that can take its place during world generation by allowing the player to craft one with the other. Here are the details:

mineral-transmutor-gif.96621

(Enormous thanks to Zoomo for the sprites!)
Mineral Transmutor
(In addition to extracting Silt/Slush)
Copper_Ore.png
Copper_Ore.png
Copper_Ore.png
Copper Ore <-> Tin Ore
Tin_Ore.png
Tin_Ore.png

Iron_Ore.png
Iron_Ore.png
Iron_Ore.png
Iron Ore <-> Lead Ore
Lead_Ore.png
Lead_Ore.png

Silver_Ore.png
Silver_Ore.png
Silver_Ore.png
Silver Ore <-> Tungsten Ore
Tungsten_Ore.png
Tungsten_Ore.png

Gold_Ore.png
Gold_Ore.png
Gold_Ore.png
Gold Ore <-> Platinum Ore
Platinum_Ore.png
Platinum_Ore.png

Demonite_Ore.png
Demonite_Ore.png
Demonite_Ore.png
Demonite Ore <-> Crimtane Ore
Crimtane_Ore.png
Crimtane_Ore.png

Recipe:
extractinator-png.96609
Extractinator
Gold_Bar.png
Gold Bars (x15)
Platinum_Bar.png
Platinum Bars (x15) - These can both be obtained on the same world via Silt/Slush extraction.
Amber.png
Amber (x10)
Diamond.png
Diamond (x10)

transmutation-reactor2-gif.96668

Transmutation Reactor
(In addition to the above conversions)
Cobalt_Ore.png
Cobalt_Ore.png
Cobalt_Ore.png
Cobalt Ore <-> Palladium Ore
Palladium_Ore.png
Palladium_Ore.png

Mythril_Ore.png
Mythril_Ore.png
Mythril_Ore.png
Mythril Ore <-> Orichalcum Ore
Orichalcum_Ore.png
Orichalcum_Ore.png

Adamantite_Ore.png
Adamantite_Ore.png
Adamantite_Ore.png
Adamantite Ore <-> Titanium Ore
Titanium_Ore.png
Titanium_Ore.png

Hallowed Ore <-> Cybernetic Ore
Recipe:
mineral-transmutor-gif.96621
Mineral Transmutor
Soul_of_Light.png
Souls of Light (x40)
Soul_of_Night.png
Souls of Night (x40)

Additionally, extracting Silt/Slush in Hardmode will be able to produce Hardmode Ores, since Crates obtained by fishing are able to yield Hardmode ore varieties as well. Why leave the Extractinator out, especially when it was the original method of obtaining cross-world ores?

This would be very helpful to have if you wanted to craft special ore-specific items without having to create new worlds. This is especially useful when you want Hardmode ores, since you have to defeat the Wall of Flesh but have no guarantee of getting the ores you want. The crafting requirement seem fair in my mind, but if you have a problem with anything, let me know.

Also, conversions for non-ore materials between worlds is a distinct possibility, although I'm not sure which level of Transmutor this should require. This would mean being able to convert Corruption commodities to Crimson counterparts (alliteration, anyone?), and Hallowed materials into their Cyber equivalents. (Suggesting this as if the Cyber exists already. Hail our Cyber overlords!)

Feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:
That's actually a great idea.
This really should get implemented in some form, even if it's not quite the exact one listed here.

That's actually very useful, specially because of that:
since you have to defeat the Wall of Flesh but have no guarantee of getting the ores you wan
Acquiring the right ores for your vanity armor/blocks can be hard because of RNG plus having to defeat the WoF again and again.

Indefinitely love this idea a lot! But it destroys the purpose of red having people wanting to create new worlds. It's simply inversely the opposite of what he intends.
Other than that the idea is splendid

Only when the hardmode alternatives aren't miles better than the originals will I support this. I don't think getting less return (3 ore --> 2) isn't going to settle it, it will just take more time to get that all-powerful Titanium armour. And the fact that the three originals are fairly more common than the alternates, so it kind of results in the same time taken one way or another.

What happened to being able to transfer corrupt and crimson bars into each other? Also rotten chunks.
I decided that biomes were to big to make interchangeable between worlds. You and your whole grand "Hallow vs. Corruption" and "Cyber vs. Crimson" scheme wouldn't quite be as pure if you could exchange the biomes' materials, don't you think?

Actually I was kind of relying on that for the part of my suggestion which has to do with fighting Motherboard in Corrupt worlds and Destroyer in Crimson worlds. :p

When reading this thread, I didn't really find this at all necessary but then again, it's really nice. The concept is most definitely original and interesting and I'd like to have it in-game. Definitely.

Updated the main post.
Re-added conversions for Demonite/Crimtane Ore, and even added the Hallowed/Cybernetic equivalent to the Transmutation Reactor.

Also:
Conversions for non-ore materials between worlds is a distinct possibility, although I'm not sure which level of Transmutor this should require. This would mean being able to convert Corruption commodities to Crimson counterparts (alliteration, anyone?), and Hallowed materials into their Cyber equivalents. (Suggesting this as if the Cyber exists already. Hail our Cyber overlords!)
That should be sufficient for Zoomo's needs.

Some of the demonite things require shadow scales (or tissue samples for crimtane). Did you think about that?
seeing as Zoomo simply needs a few items (mainly so each mech can be summoned in one world) I don't know if its needed if everything was in one world there would be no need to venture to other worlds...
Also hope that this can be compatible with Tobbvalds Contagion and Covert...

seeing as Zoomo simply needs a few items (mainly so each mech can be summoned in one world) I don't know if its needed if everything was in one world there would be no need to venture to other worlds...
Also hope that this can be compatible with Tobbvalds Contagion and Covert...
Yeah, i guess the whole point of going to other worlds is to get stuff from the other biome that you cant get in your world... And yes, having three different things with the contagion will be hard to work with.

I still think that the conversion should be 3 → 2 or maybe 4 → 3 in both directions. It just seems kind of imbalanced to be able to make three Adamantite Armors from the same material that could make only two Titanium Armors.

I still think that the conversion should be 3 → 2 or maybe 4 → 3 in both directions. It just seems kind of imbalanced to be able to make three Adamantite Armors from the same material that could make only two Titanium Armors.
With the early-game ores, the alts are exactly 50% more valuable than the originals. I just kept that ratio consistent throughout.

As for being the same in both directions, that would defeat any reason for going from alt to originals.

Back
Top Bottom