NPCs & Enemies Tree Ents

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
I had a quick idea I wanted to lay down for you guys. I just thought that it would be a fun idea for trees that generate upon the creation of the world, or ones that are grown by the player, to have a 1/500 chance of being replaced by ents. If you didn't know what ents are, they are basicaly magical living trees. It is also an urban term for something I don't suggest looking up.
Damn it I just secured the fact that you would rush off to do that immediately... oh well. It's at your expense, not mine.​

Anyways, so these trees would spawn around the world and randomly replace other trees. At first glance, they look just like a normal tree, but upon further inspection, they have 2 eyes that look like a slightly darker spot in the bark. As well as that, they have a creepy smile which is also outlined with a slightly darker spot in the bark. It's actually a lot like the morningMourning Wood.
Mourning_Wood.png

Like this, but shaped like regular trees.

They would not be interactable until you hit one several times with your axe, upon which they will awaken, their eyes shooting open and lip pulling down to reveal their mouth, and arms like the Mourning Wood's sprouting from its sides. Then they would charge the player, a lot like a unicorn, but building up speed, charging towards the player, suddenly stopping after passing them, and then turning around and doing it again. They take no knockback, and make a sound similar to shaking a tree branch.

Here are some stats of the different kinds of ents. Obviously these are not ents, just the trees that the different kinds would be.

Sprite |
Tree_%28Forest%29.png
|
Tree_%28Corruption%29.png
|
Tree_%28Crimson%29.png
|
Tree_%28Jungle%29.png
|
Tree_%28Snow%29.png
|
Tree_%28Ocean%29.png
|
Tree_%28Hallow%29.png

Damage | 40 | 55 | 58 | 50 | 48 | 45 | 75
Health | 200 | 230 | 240 | 210 | 180 | 210 | 450
Defense | 6 | 8 | 10 | 7 | 8 | 5 | 16
Drops | 10-25
Wood.png
, 1
Life_Crystal.png
| 10-25
Ebonwood.png
, 1
Life_Crystal.png
| 10-25
Shadewood.png
, 1
Life_Crystal.png
| 10-25
Rich_Mahogany.png
, 1
Life_Crystal.png
, 2-4
Vine.png
| 10-25
Boreal_Wood.png
, 1
Life_Crystal.png
, 10-20
Ice_Block.png
| 10-25
Palm_Wood.png
, 1
Life_Crystal.png
| 10-25
Pearlwood.png
, 1
Life_Crystal.png
, 3-15
Pixie_Dust.png

On a side note, they will have some chance of replacing normal trees.

Please excuse the rough structure of this stats table. >_<
Thank you @kciwdahC for fixing the table! :D
Hope you enjoyed! Please feel free to send feedback or check out some of my other threads listed below.

Last edited:
-.-
So do you know how to fix the spacing random citizen of the terraria forums? ;P
No, sorry. Just put each ent in an individual paragraph. Your post might be a bit tall, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Also, I like the idea. However, it would be cool if they naturally replaced themselves like mimics. Eventually they'd go extinct.

No, sorry. Just put each ent in an individual paragraph. Your post might be a bit tall, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Also, I like the idea. However, it would be cool if they naturally replaced themselves like mimics. Eventually they'd go extinct.

Yeah thats true, but you can also grow them. I'll change it anyways, thanks for the feedback.

[Life Crystal] / Ent will make them too easy to optain.
If they had got lower value (e. g. 50s), I would have given Dethur's Seal Of Approval
Anyway idea is very good in my opinion (everything but these crystals). I support it c:

[Life Crystal] / Ent will make them too easy to optain.
If they had got lower value (e. g. 50s), I would have given Dethur's Seal Of Approval
Anyway idea is very good in my opinion (everything but these crystals). I support it c:

Dude its a 1/500 of there being an Ent. Theres probably about the same amount of trees per world. :l
Anyways thanks. :)

Could you please tell us if the stats?After all,if it generates with the world,it could be prehardmode,and might not be fair to new players....
Make them take extra damage from fire and axes?

Dude its a 1/500 of there being an Ent. Theres probably about the same amount of trees per world. :l
Anyways thanks. :)
You are right, but You know... Artificial trees grow fast, actually, so it wouldn't be difficult to "farm" them ("farm" would have been too big word if player hadn't had a 200-tree-garden :p). But still: I think it's great idea (I mean Ents, not crystals as drop, especially guaranteed drop)

what about cacti ents? in terraria they are trees too
EDIT : great idea, but how about they will attack you only if you will try to chop them, and growing them up like trees? (example : small ents will have small amount of health and attack, but big speed and big ents will be a serious threat, making them powerful enemies in hardmode)

what about cacti ents? in terraria they are trees too
EDIT : great idea, but how about they will attack you only if you will try to chop them, and growing them up like trees? (example : small ents will have small amount of health and attack, but big speed and big ents will be a serious threat, making them powerful enemies in hardmode)

So are mushroom trees, but I'm not gonna. :l

You can fix the spacing by putting "-" instead of spaces, or "_". Or make an invisible image.

EDIT: Support! Seems well balanced and all that. :D

Last edited:
"Renewable" meaning you don't have to create new worlds for them.

And Heart Crystals were removed from the Dungeon a while ago.
My bad. I still thought they were in the dungeon, and my definition of renewable differs from you. I play the mobile version, so we are still in 1.2, not 1.2.4 :(

Back
Top Bottom