Mac [Tutorial] Make your wavebanks work for Mac/Linux

MadaxTheShadow

Official Terrarian
Finally, after the long ordeal it finally works! Mac users rejoice!

This isn't a full tutorial for making a wavebank, rather just some instructions for building it so it works for Mac and Linux. If you want to learn the full process and programs, check this thread.

The important bit is the compression preset. While Windows uses xWMA, Mac and Linux use the ADPCM preset. When building, create two presets to easily tell which one you are using or just change the property of the preset when you are ready to build the different version. While you should be fine setting the wavebank itself to use the the preset, the default wavebank sets each individual file to be compressed. I didn't test it the former way, so no promises.

The second important bit is the naming. DO NOT CREATE THE TWO WAVEBANKS AT THE SAME TIME! I found out that naming the build "Wave Bank v1" and then later renaming the file so the game can use it does NOT work and will cause the audio to crash. The build must be named "Wave Bank" for both versions, so make one, upload it, then make the other. Renaming the file after it has been built is fine.

And that should be it! I'm afraid nothing can be done for wavebanks already built to change them, it has to be done on the project file. So if you have any wavebanks you'd like to use on Mac, link the creators to this thread! Let me know if you have any questions!

And special thanks to everyone that took the time to help and test the files I put up!

Last edited:
Thank you so much! You're the first person I've seen to come up with a way to fix this issue!

Do all Linux/Mac versions have to remain so large? Seems like highest samples per block setting is the closest I get and it leaves my original 60,000KB file to a 510,000KB file.

Do all Linux/Mac versions have to remain so large? Seems like highest samples per block setting is the closest I get and it leaves my original 60,000KB file to a 510,000KB file.
Wouldn't be able to tell you, don't have a Mac myself to do tests with. My understanding is that even the default wave bank is significantly larger.

Hello,
I am able to load the wavebank and everything seems to be working, but the sounds are out of order. The boss 1 theme is the title screen, the underground theme is 3, but everything is named correctly. Please help.

Hello,
I am able to load the wavebank and everything seems to be working, but the sounds are out of order. The boss 1 theme is the title screen, the underground theme is 3, but everything is named correctly. Please help.
What order did you use? As far as I'm aware, the tracklist is the same for Mac.

How are you placing the tracks in? If you select all of them and drag the entire selection, make sure you grab the one that's supposed to be first. The tracks will be copied over starting from the one you clicked and dragged from first, then wrap around.
Ok I'll try that. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom