Weapons & Equip Up and Down Dashing, Dashing gives Dodging

Lecic

Steampunker
Tabi.png
&
Master_Ninja_Gear.png

I'd like to suggest a change to dashing accessories. I think you should be able to dodge up and down with these as well as the current left and right. Because you're working against gravity, the upward dash should have reduced range, to maybe 1/2 or 3/4 the normal distance.

Cross_Necklace.png
or
Black_Belt.png

I also think that, while dashing (possibly only with the ninja gear), your player is given invincibility frames. I can't be the only one who was extremely disappointed to try dodging past an enemy only to take damage as I went by anyway, right?

Another option would be to give the player a single, 100% dodge chance while dodging, allowing them to avoid a single hit while dodging through an enemy, but no more than that.

Dodged
I'd also like to suggest one last thing- text that pops up over your player when you successfully dodge an attack. Only pops up while dodging via dashing or via black belt, and not during normal invincibility frames.

I like it. The whole ninja setup was a good idea but I always have a hook way before I find pieces of this stuff, and the dodging I've never needed with wings, but it would be fun to do it in any direction.

More reason to use the gear is always good.

I like it. The whole ninja setup was a good idea but I always have a hook way before I find pieces of this stuff, and the dodging I've never needed with wings, but it would be fun to do it in any direction.

More reason to use the gear is always good.

I've found some use with dodging to avoid high speed lasers, but there's only one boss remaining with lasers after Plantera, so it's not very useful.

I do agree with the invincibility while dashing , but I don't agree with the up dash , the down dash is okay since you're probably mid-air while doing it , but up dash can be done slower when you have wings or boots.

I wonder, 100% change while dashing. don't you think people will spam dashing?

Dashing has a cool down, remember? And that 100% dodge chance instead of invincibility frames is only for a SINGLE hit on the player. If you try and dodge through 5 zombies, you're still going to get hit by 4 of them with this. Well, probably only one, with the normal invincibility frames after that, but you get the idea.

Back
Top Bottom