Weapons & Equip Upgraded Set Bonus

All Seeing Eye

Eye of Cthulhu
I'm bad at making intros
Here they are:

Cobalt

New set Bonus:
Cobalt Shield Orb buff: Creates a tiny orb that spins around the player (max 4). Each Orb increases your damage by 3%. Orbs get destroyed If you get hit. You will gain a new orb after 5 seconds of not taking any damage

Mythril

New Set Bonus:
Homing Shards: 2-3Mythril shards (deals 20 damage each) home into enemies that attacked the wearer.

Adamantite

New Set Bonus:
Heavily Armed Buff: Increases damage by 3% and defense by 3 and decreases movement speed by 3% whenever you strike an enemy. Buff stacks up to 5 and 1 is lost after every 3 seconds.

Hallowed

New Set Bonus:
Mana Shield: 10% of damage taken is redirected into mana loss instead
Right clicking the buff will toggle it to turn on or off
Reason: Your wear the lightest armor. Why not?
Stays the same (+19% increased melee and movement speed) unless i think of a better one or you got a suggestion
Focus: +5% ranged Use Time (means it's slower), + 10% ranged velocity and 7% critical strike chance

Leave your thoughts and suggestions below

Last edited:
I kinda disagree on why the original hardmode ore armors need a buff. They basically got more increased stats than the alternate armors. But, I guess it couldn't hurt.

1. Not sure on that. Maybe every time you're still running for 10 seconds, you gain 2 defense? And the buff stacks up 6 times, and duration of a single buff is 10
2. I don't get it. You said "Deals 20 damage each", but then you go on and say "Dealing at least one half of the damage taken".
3. Brilliant! But I think a better name would be "Heavily Armed"

2. I don't get it. You said "Deals 20 damage each", but then you go on and say "Dealing at least one half of the damage taken".

Let's say you received 50 damage half of the damage is 25
But because each shard deals 20 damage and you would deal at least 25
The armor releases 2 shards dealing 40 damage to the enemy

This would mean that cobalt, mythril and adamantite would lose the bonuses that the individual helmets give them. That does not seem like a good idea to me. That way the only difference between the helmets would be that in defense, which means that everyone would probably just choose melee.

This would mean that cobalt, mythril and adamantite would lose the bonuses that the individual helmets give them. That does not seem like a good idea to me. That way the only difference between the helmets would be that in defense, which means that everyone would probably just choose melee.

They won't lose their individual bonuses it's only the set bonuses

They won't lose their individual bonuses it's only the set bonuses
Their individual bonuses are set bonuses, though. They only work when the player is also wearing the corresponding breastplate and greaves.
I think that if the bonuses mentioned in the OP and the individual headgear bonuses would stack, the armours might become a bit OP.

Let me say it again.
They'll lose their original Individual SET Bonuses and they'll gain these new set bonuses
Let me repeat myself as well then. Their individual bonuses are set bonuses. They only work when the player is also wearing the corresponding breastplate and greaves.
From the wiki:
A0nM1tg.png

The headgear bonuses are Set Bonuses.
So if we add this suggestion to the game, that would get rid of the individual bonuses. Thatwould make the hat and the mask virtually useless.

Their individual bonuses are set bonuses
is equal to
The headgear bonuses are Set Bonuses.
Therefore, the Headgear Bonuses is equal to Individual Bonuses
And because
They'll lose their original Individual SET Bonuses and they'll gain these new set bonuses
It would probably mean that Original Individual Set bonuses = Individual set bonuses it is therefore, equal to Headgear Bonuses

This is what's going to happen

New Set Bonuses > original Individual Set bonuses therefore, New Set Bonuses > Headgear Bonuses and New Set Bonuses > Individual Set Bonuses

Hope that answered the question

Therefore, the Headgear Bonuses is equal to Individual Bonuses
It would probably mean that Original Individual Set bonuses = Individual set bonuses it is therefore, equal to Headgear Bonuses
Indeed.
This is what's going to happen
New Set Bonuses > original Individual Set bonuses therefore, New Set Bonuses > Headgear Bonuses and New Set Bonuses > Individual Set Bonuses
Hope that answered the question
No, not really. I don't think I get that last equation.

Dude, you already know what's up -_-

Give me the real comments. What do you think about the new set bonuses?
No really, you confused me with that last post. In the OP it says 'new set bonus', so I assume it will replace the old set bonuses (which are the bonuses that differ depending on which helmet you're wearing) with the ones stated in the OP. If that is the case, then the helmets will only differ in defense, and then everyone would just use the most defensive one.
If you mean that from now on it will have both the old bonuses (the ones that are helmet-dependant) and the new ones (those in the OP) then I think they might be a bit overpowered.

No really, you confused me with that last post. In the OP it says 'new set bonus', so I assume it will replace the old set bonuses (which are the bonuses that differ depending on which helmet you're wearing) with the ones stated in the OP. If that is the case, then the helmets will only differ in defense, and then everyone would just use the most defensive one.
If you mean that from now on it will have both the old bonuses (the ones that are helmet-dependant) and the new ones (those in the OP) then I think they might be a bit overpowered.

Untitled.png

I have trouble seeing cobalt being a defensive armor. True, it's defense value sucks, but cobalt is, and imo should remain, a glass canon armor.

Meh, I've seen worse. My only concern: Cobalt's bonus is exactly like Beetle Resistance. Maybe change it so that it resists knockback? You did mention that is has something to do with the Cobalt Shield.

Back
Top Bottom